1990 BMW 325i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 BMW 325i

Thought I would finally post the "new" E30 here in the member rides. Literally stumbled upon this car while looking for an E46 Touring to replace my ZHP that got totaled by hail. While I found it in Iowa, it had spent most of it's life in San Francisco, California, and had never seen snow. So clean under the car!! It also only had around 75K miles on it! While it wasn't perfect (dents, a scrape on the drivers side quarter, and so on) it was super clean. Interior was mint, and everything worked. Cruise, AC, all gauges... Under the hood was the same. All stock, all in great shape. So, while I wasn't in the market for an E30 (wanted a winter car), I could NOT pass this up. Especially at the price the owner was willing to sell it to me for after learning I had owned a few before this one.

Once I got it home, it was time to bring the car up to snuff. Had the car detailed, paint corrected, and dents removed. Once that was done, I took it in for a good tint job, as the dash was perfect, and I wanted to help keep it that way. With all of that done, I got to work installing AST coilovers from my last E30, picked up a set of 16x8 Style 5's and had them refinished in silver with a polished lip. I also installed the Mtech rear spoiler from my old car, as well as a Momo steering wheel. I might switch that out for an Mtech wheel, but haven't decided yet.

Next up I have a set of sport seats I need to recover and install, I need to pick up an is lip, and get to work on the stereo. Nothing crazy, just a Luke Box I have, some good amps, and a new headhunt with modern functions.

Trying to not go too far with the car. It's such a surviver that I want it all to be pretty reversible.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput-2d.jpg
Views:	955
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	9889579Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput-27.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	9889578Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput-2b.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	9889577

Name:	IMG-0166.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	9889581

Name:	7822-D39-A-E045-4-B70-BCBE-FF296-A371-EA0.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	9889580

Yea dude, that is FRESH! Also, love the style 5s. I just sent a set off to be refinished for my 87 coupe.
    Paynemw
    1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Sold!
    the ebb and flow of 325is ownership - In RVA
    1988 BMW 535is - RIP but my dream BMW

Comment

Reminds me of my red one, just a lot cleaner! Nice.

Comment

great purchase! it's ready for whatever you're into.

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

Service records? sent from hell using tapatalk
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            '90 325i sedan daily driven
            '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Yes indeed, my Mtech wheel would look right at home in there

Car looks beautiful, gentle OEM+ seems like the proper course. I look forward to the finished product.
              "In God we trust. All others must bring data." -W. E. Deming

/// 1987 325is /// Project Thread
              Past: 87 is, 88ix, 88 i, 87 ic, 89 ix, 17 others.

Comment

Beautiful car! Looks super clean. Love that you're keeping it survivor-fresh/OEM+.

Have you checked a carfax? Only reason I say this, my E30's cluster was at 76K miles when I bought it in ~2011 however on the carfax was likely well over 250K so just fyi if you haven't checked. My car was more used-appearing than yours so I presumed the cluster was swapped before I bought it..

Comment

Nice ride! I like the polished lip on the Style 5s. I don't think I've seen that before, but it looks great.

Comment

Working...
                  X