Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rzerob
    replied
    This car is the perfect daily for good weather.

Leave a comment:

• KIRIEIW
    replied
    So the car got an alignment this afternoon plus a brake fluid flush. Sadly since I'm on furlough they won't let me work on my personal cars anymore (or any cars for that matter, even though my tool box/ tools are still at work!). Thankfully my co-worker was cool enough to do it for me, I'm sure he hasn't worked on a e30 since the 90's when they were still under warranty.

Leave a comment:

• KIRIEIW
    replied
    Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post

Hey, what booster are you using? :-)

Exhaust looks very nice!

Thanks! Always amazes me how large of a bend is needed right after the manifold to clear the subframe/ swaybar on 24v swaps. Only thing that bugs me is the O2 sensor routing, sadly can't do much about it though. I really tried my best to make the swap appear as factory as possible.

Leave a comment:

• mike.bmw
    replied
    Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
    Like I said a few times, its a e83 booster.
    Hey, what booster are you using? :-)

Exhaust looks very nice!

Leave a comment:

• KIRIEIW
    replied
    Totally forgot to update I got the exhaust system finished. Actually it was finished before I picked up that 318iS/ the Alpina wheels. I originally dropped the car off with a e34 factory BMW catalytic converter and e36 M3 muffler.. Yea that wasn't happening. It was hanging very low, and the muffler didn't line up even close with the factory cut out on the rear valance.

I ended up going simple, and had the exhaust man make me custom downpipes and weld them on the factory M20 catalytic converter. Simple, all the exhaust hangers line up perfect plus best of all, it has a total sleeper look going on. I'll leave the 325i badge on.

And for the peeps only interested in this thread for my booster set up, I took another pic. Like I said a few times, its a e83 booster. Similar, but not a e90 booster.

Edit: You can also finally see a glimpse of the new control arms (Lemforder Brand), the AKG control arm bushings, rebuilt e36 steering rack with new boots, tie rods, ect.

Last edited by KIRIEIW; 05-04-2020, 03:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KIRIEIW
    replied
    Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
    The Alpina wheels look great. Was the 318is a slicktop?
    Thank You! I'm glad to have finally found a set of 16" wheels in 4x100, tires are getting a little tricky to find these days in 15". Sadly the 318iS had a sunroof, but it did have factory black headliner. If it was a slicktop I would have held onto it for many years..

Leave a comment:

• mike.bmw
    replied
    The Alpina wheels look great. Was the 318is a slicktop?

Leave a comment:

• pandaboo911
    replied
    How does the e90 booster feel (is it even an e90 booster)? Did you have to notch the firewall at all or was it a direct swap?

I have a jetta booster but I'm unsatisfied with the amount of assist.

Edit: Nvm looks like one from a 735 or 325ix. Anyway same questions apply
    Last edited by pandaboo911; 05-02-2020, 11:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KIRIEIW
    replied
    Alright guys so I did a thing. I saw my old co workers e30 sitting outside on the street the other day not registered and decided to send him a text/ ask about it.. We were able to work out a deal on his 1991 318iS with super cool Alpina wheels, I drove it home. The next day though a few buddy's came over to the house to check it out and one of them really wanted the car.. I thought it over, I have 5 cars and figured it would be going to a good home.. so he ended up with it. On my end of the deal though I ended up keeping the Alpina wheels, roof rack, and a few other random parts in the trunk for $500 bucks on my end.

Thinking back 3hr ago (sold it just a few hours ago) I actually kinda regret selling the damn thing. I liked the "patina" paint and wanted to experience the little M42, and had plans on M20 swapping the car once the M42 blew. On the other hand though I really do have too many cars.

Guess it now took 3 cars to fully build the S50 swap coupe. Onto the pics;

And the Alpina wheels now mounted on my 89'

Edit: Better pics of the wheels mounted. These tire sidewalls are HUGE though! Can't wait till I mount on some new better looking tires once these are worn.

Last edited by KIRIEIW; 05-03-2020, 12:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Unearth078
    replied
    I love Delphin. Sweet looking car for sure. Thinking about going to e83 booster based upon the feedback across a few threads, and how well you have advised it fit. Could you supply a photo of the vacuum line, and more info on what looks like a union, i take it your needed, to get the e30 brake line to mate to the master?

Leave a comment:

• Mpolito3355
    replied
    Awesome!!! I'm amazed how close the break booster is to the motor lol !! Nice job

Leave a comment:

• mike.bmw
    replied
    Another successful and awesome swap. I'm already looking forward to the next one. Can't go wrong with the Ronals or Euroweaves.

Leave a comment:

• KIRIEIW
    replied

Originally posted by mjweimer View Post
    You work fast and the work is nice and clean - congrats. Car looks great with the Euroweaves, but the Ronal's are a great choice as well....for either car....tough choices!

Tell us more about how you integrated the MAF to the stock airbox. This is a great detail that should not be overlooked.

MJ

Thanks! Really took my time with this build just like the Mtech just didn't take nearly as many pictures since it's somewhat repetitive work. I'll need to decide if I want to buy tires for the Ronals..

As for the airbox, I have a little bit of info about that in my Mtech build thread.

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
    hows the brakes feel? and what MC where u running before?
    The e83 booster feels great, much better brake assist in comparison to my 944 booster in the Mtech. I'm just using the stock e83 master cylinder as well.

Leave a comment:

• KIRIEIW
    replied
    Originally posted by wworm View Post
    lmk if you wanna sell those 14" weaves
    Haha, well if they were the silver weaves I'd consider but since they came with the Mtech in white I think I need to keep them.

Leave a comment:

• LowR3V'in
    replied
    hows the brakes feel? and what MC where u running before?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X