No announcement yet.

Strict budget, slow restoration. *Now with moar budget*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just spent way to long looking through this build haha, great stuff in here man.

Also, rather then looking at where you were located I suddenly recognized something and was like, oh shit he did all this in IV?? Haha makes it that much more impressive. Get anything stolen? Nice to see another local e30 guy ;)

Comment

Looks nice ;)

Again, sorry about those lights...

How is it up in the bay area? You got a garage to work in?

Comment

Originally posted by unrlmth View Post
        Are those FX-Rs? And I'm pretty impressed with your color band, on my E55's the glass lens takes away most of the color.

And I've been running my temporary set up for almost a year with out any sealing around the projectors and haven't had any issues with condensation or water getting in.
        Yep, FX-Rs, 81522+ and 50W ballasts. The cutoff and colorband is nice, but I wish the pattern were a little more uniform.

So far the lights haven't fogged up much except when I wash the car--despite my efforts they are definitely not water tight. But it'll do for now.

Originally posted by London View Post
        I just spent way to long looking through this build haha, great stuff in here man.

Also, rather then looking at where you were located I suddenly recognized something and was like, oh shit he did all this in IV?? Haha makes it that much more impressive. Get anything stolen? Nice to see another local e30 guy ;)
        Ha--yeah, most of it was done in IV. The motor swap was done in Buellton. I moved to the bay area a few weeks ago, so unfortunately you won't be seeing me around SB any more. :(

Originally posted by jaywood View Post
        Looks nice ;)

Again, sorry about those lights...
        Nah no worries man, thanks for giving it a shot!

How is it up in the bay area? You got a garage to work in?
        Eh--sort of. I've got a friend with a paved backyard. ;)

Comment

This is amazing
          E30 buildy things
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

still freezing? haha. whats next on the list to do?

Comment

Originally posted by airkhin View Post
              still freezing? haha. whats next on the list to do?
              Nah I haven't gone back to SF (well I went to South SF to drive Kronus' awesome grey market shark), so I'm all good :p

Next is more pic whoring of the lights since I went on a drive last night.

After that I'm doing some minor stuff... exhaust hangars and adjustable rear subframe/poly bushings.

Comment

Damn Nathan that light output is awesome! Definitely have to look into this for my M3! :pimp:
                Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Awesome job, i love that you did so much of the work on the street in front of your house.

Are these the wheels you put on ?http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...r=C157025400CG

Comment

Yep, except bright silver (here) and 15x8.

Comment

herp derp

Today: out with the old

Tomorrow: in with the slightly less old

Cleaned out the ducts for slightly less dusty air

One single crack in it, so I drilled the ends and I'll see if I can fill it with superglue or something later.

Still love that sticker

Anyone know if the gasket between the HVAC and the ducts is available from the dealer or something, or should I try and home depot that shit?

Comment

Fuck dash swaps, I never want to do that again. The dash in my car cracked from the top of the glovebox straight up all the way into the storage compartment above it, a week after I got the car. I was so pissed.

Comment

I'd rather swap a motor than a dash.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

It's not SOO bad. But I actually enjoy swapping motors, so YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post

Strobe time! :p

this had me dying!! jersey shore anyone :p

holy hell, im finally able to go to sleep (read the entire thread from beginning to end).

this is where amazing happens.

cheers!
                              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

You can still buy the hvac gasket, albeit it is rather pricey, ~30+ bucks. Part number is: 64111370937.

Comment

Working...
                                X