Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luis325 View Post
    FUCKING SEXY!

lets make a deal, I will buy my interior kit and you come down and help me install it and i will take you to some nice beaches here...LOL
    If Brian wont do it I am game, I love Puerto Rico. My wife and I will come down. It has been a while since I have played Dorado.

Brian Fantastic job installing all the upholstery pieces the headliner turned out perfect also.
    Kevin
    Last edited by Tricked 323i; 11-13-2010, 11:36 AM.

www.seatkit.com New Site first week of April 2011
    Your DIY upholstery source
    e30tech forum sponsor
    E46 uphosltery kits coming soon..........
    kchinn@creativeoptions.info

Comment

Have more photos from the seat redo? I need to fix my seats. They don't recline properly. Maybe even replace a bolster. Maybe even just call Kevin and get a whole new leather kit.

Comment

Thanks Kevin!

Sorry no more photos, but if you do a quick search on google there were several write-ups to reference.

1988 325iC Project - FINISHED!
        Build Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ht=325iC+paint

Comment

I read through this tonight and I applaud the work. inspiring.
          HDE30 <3

Comment

Hey guys since I have had a couple people ask for more details on the headliner installation, I will copy/paste my last email here...

After completely restoring my car inside and out, this was intimidating since it was new territory for me. The end product is absolutely amazing. Friends and family come to see the results of the finished car and comment on the incredible interior and headliner… its way better than OEM. The sewn seams turned out perfect, transitioning from the corner of the C-Pillar right to the corner of the window. The material was perfect for the application, since it needs to be stretchy to conform to the curves of the inside of the top.
            • I carefully removed the grey material and sent it to Kevin to use as a template.
            • Put the top upside down on sawhorses with plenty of padding/foam so as not to “buff” the newly painted top
            • There was no foam, but a lot of gritty material that may have been foam at one time. I scraped the fiberglass and made sure the surface was clean.
            • I did not remove any trim, just the four oh shit handles
            • I hung the material over the shower curtain, put the shower on hot and steamed it for about a half hour to get the bad wrinkles out
            • Spread the material out and carefully planned how to attack it. Started in the pillars on either side of the back window as these would be most difficult
            • Used 3M headliner spray glue from WalMart… DON’T buy the big can of general adhesive from autozone or advance that says “works for headliners”. Only the can specifically for headliners. It’s a small brown can with yellow letters and costs around 5 bucks. I used 4 cans.
            • I used packing tape to mask off all the edges and glass so overspray didn’t get on everything
            • Spray in zones, like C pillars first. Spray in rows completely covering, using the “H” selection on the spray nozzle
            • Wait 10 minutes. Spray in rows 90 degrees to the previous rows.
            • Wait 10 minutes. Start to apply the material beginning at one end and working your way down. If you get a wrinkle pull it up immediately and you may be able to save it, but once it goes down, its pretty much stuck there.
            • Keep working your way towards the front of the top. I sprayed the entire roof at once, which was probably borderline too much. I had my wife come out and hold the material tight, elevated, while I worked my way to the front smoothing it in.
            • Cut all the excess, very carefully, and tuck in the edges to the trim. I used a plastic putty knife and in some cases a small screwdriver.
            • Let it sit for 24 hours
            • Take pictures and show all your friends.

Comment

Wow. This is definitely the most impressive restoration I've seen on here. I love the top. I would absolutely love to do that for our hardtop. Just wow.
              -Erik
              '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
              I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Very nice looking car.

You an accountant by chance?
                Originally posted by z31maniac
                I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
                  Very nice looking car.

You an accountant by chance?
                  Engineering manager for orthopedic implants.
                  Last edited by bimmerboy12; 12-06-2010, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Well the car goes into storage in the next couple days. Debating whether to put on jackstands or over inflate the tires. heard bad/good on both. Your thoughts?

Oh yeah, 1000th post!

Comment

In your sig it says finished? still needs a drop BAD.
                      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                      ~ '87 535
                      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by E30 F34R View Post
                        In your sig it says finished? still needs a drop BAD.
                        ...and an S50, and alpina wheels, and 5 spd, and and and... read the thread. FINISHED for now!

Comment

put the car up on jackstands. that won't hurt anything. very nice by the way. you don't have any pics of the engine bay posted on your thread? if you still have cosmoline all over your engine, go have it steam cleaned and wax the red parts. it will look killer for now until you do your swap.

i am in the process of trying to decide if i want to get a new headliner for my top or just reglue the original one. do you mind if i ask the price of that custom headliner? sorry to be nosy.

that photo about 4 pages back where your car is lowered with sideskirts....is that a photoshop? anyway, i really like that look. i am a big fan of shadowline trim
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                            put the car up on jackstands. that won't hurt anything. very nice by the way. you don't have any pics of the engine bay posted on your thread? if you still have cosmoline all over your engine, go have it steam cleaned and wax the red parts. it will look killer for now until you do your swap.

i am in the process of trying to decide if i want to get a new headliner for my top or just reglue the original one. do you mind if i ask the price of that custom headliner? sorry to be nosy.

that photo about 4 pages back where your car is lowered with sideskirts....is that a photoshop? anyway, i really like that look. i am a big fan of shadowline trim
                            I was actually thinking of putting blocks of wood under the control arms, directly under the ball joints. This way neither the shocks OR tires are ruined. Or maybe just blocks at jack points that share the load with the tires.
                            You'll have to ask Kevin on the headliner... He charged me at cost on the headliner since I bought the whole kit from him. Around 200.

Yep that pic is pshop.

Comment

Wow, I just read all 19 pages! Awesome resto brother, pure sex!!! Now I have even more inspiration for my poor lachssilber '88 cabrio project. How much were the seat covers out of curiosity?
                              If you can't build it, you have no business driving it! :hitler: 1994 530iT Cashmere Beige Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by KrautRocket View Post
                                Wow, I just read all 19 pages! Awesome resto brother, pure sex!!! Now I have even more inspiration for my poor lachssilber '88 cabrio project. How much were the seat covers out of curiosity?
                                Aren't seat covers, its actually replacing the upholstery. About $1000 including the suede and rear headrests. I think Kevin's base price is around 7-800 bucks.
                                Thanks for the compliments!

Comment

Working...
                                X