Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30rapidic View Post
    nice!! Want to paint my zinno cabrio next? hehe
    seriously, I don't think I will ever do this again... unless it's a motorcycle or something. Takes too long.
    Last edited by bimmerboy12; 11-04-2009, 06:02 AM.

1988 325iC Project - FINISHED!
    Build Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ht=325iC+paint

Comment

UPDATE September 16:
      Got the lamin-x on the new fogs and installed, and the IS lip installed. All the wheel well and undercladding is back in. HID's installed. Pretty happy with the results so far...

Check out the sunset reflection in that paint!

Last edited by bimmerboy12; 09-16-2009, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Looks good. Nice work. Now you need to lower it.

Comment

Wow. I thought I spent alot of time painting my car with a roller!

I am very impressed!
          Recent Rebranding!!
          Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
          E30 SM62/S62
          E30 M60 V8
          E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
          Instagram.com/garageaholic
          Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

very nice
            Originally posted by Beej '86 325es
            every time an M-tech 1 spoiler is destroyed, a baby seal dies.
            Originally posted by Jparkr
            The last thing we need are more of the retards on here thinking they are engineers too.
            87 325:83 jetta coupe:99 volvo c70:99 volvo s70

Comment

You did a great job!

COTM

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerboy12 View Post
                No i wasn't aware of that. Thats great information, thanks! I better get on this then... The bad part is its supposed to be mid-80s and really humid for the next 5 days. I don't know how much that will affect it but I guess we'll see.
                Use a dehumidifier. I got one that has a tank with a hose attachment to run a hose to dump the water. if its hot outside, crank it up. it wont freeze up, but you will see it working.
                Last edited by slow e30; 09-19-2009, 02:06 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

and by the way, that is an AWESOME job. well done.
                  sigpic

Comment

Looks so good.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys! I got a lot done this weekend, looks amazing. I waste a lot of time just walking around it, checking it out, scoping good angles for camera shots etc.
                      I'll try to post more pics in the next few days.

Comment

Very nice finished product you have there. What is next for it?
                        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                          Very nice finished product you have there. What is next for it?
                          Thanks! Next up: stripping the rubber off the hardtop and painting it body color. Also, I have a complete new interior from Kevin Chinn sitting in a box here in my office, waiting to get installed. Rear headrests. Tan suede headliner for hardtop to match interior. Eibach or H&R sport springs for a drop. Then ??????

Comment

UPDATE September 23: Got the rear bumper/apron on and buffed! Took quite a bit of work as obviously its a bumper swap. Came out perfect though. Got trim on one side, wiper nozzles on, hood insulation on, and exhaust tips cut and welded on to fit the apron opening. Still need to put trim on the right side, paint the lower weld seam (under the rockers) flat black, mirrors, license plate lights, and glue support brackets onto the bottom of the apron. Getting really close to driving this for the first time since mid-July!

Notice I painted the rockers and rocker trim body color... I will paint the weld seams, the part directly under the rockers, flat black. Its only about an inch in height. I love the look and won't worry about sideskirts. Their impossible to find anyways.

My mirror buffing apparatus...

And here is my favorite picture of the day....

Stay tuned! I want to be driving it this weekend...

Comment

What springs did you say you were getting? H&R Sports? hurry up and get 'em, your car needs them, i can hear it crying out!!

On another note that car looks amazing. I can't wait to do my full body resto.

Comment

Looks amazing. With a proper drop it will look better than new :)
                                Flickr
                                Originally posted by Indecline06
                                For some reason, when I get super duper ultra stoned... The M30 motor reminds me of big bird from sesame street.

Comment

Working...
                                X