No announcement yet.

Old Blue 2002 (1974 BMW 2002 Content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is your car still a 4 speed currently? If so i have a good used tranny you can have if pay the shipping + $20.
    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
      Sounds like you broke a selector rod.
      Yeah thats what I figure.

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
      Is your car still a 4 speed currently? If so i have a good used tranny you can have if pay the shipping + $20.
      Thanks for the offer! I think she is just going to sit till February when I can take some time off and do my swap. I cant afford to and dont really need to spend any money on keeping her on the road right now.

Cheers!
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
        Yeah thats what I figure.

Thanks for the offer! I think she is just going to sit till February when I can take some time off and do my swap. I cant afford to and dont really need to spend any money on keeping her on the road right now.

Cheers!
        Looking forward to February! Maybe you will tinker with it in the meantime, post some pics if you feel like it. I'd like to see the gauges. Great vid on the 2002 you posted, thanks.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by JinormusJ
        Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
        1989 325is Raged on then sold.
        1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
        1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
        1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Thanks. I will be doing small projects like the gauges in the mean time. Ill keep you guys updated.
          sigpic
          "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

got a few goodies in the mail today. first car parts ever to show up at the new house!
            some auto meter gauges (still need a small tach.) and the speed sender that reads at the drive shaft.
            the bezels are chrome even though they may look black in the picture. dam flash. i am going to paint them black anyways.

i guess i am going to need some adapters to fit the sender units. anyone know a good place to get them?
            as soon as i have some time, which will hopefully be tomorrow afternoon, i will start fabing up the gauge cluster with a spare stock cluster i have.
            sigpic

Comment

Ok guys here goes. I got my gauge cluster fabed up today, and I am really happy with it so fare! Still need to powder coat the gauge holder/fascia black. First I need to get a small counter top oven and a air compressor. That will be next month. I also changed my mind on painting the bezels black. I think it will be way to much black if I do that.

Fascia

W/ Cowl

Gauges mocked up

Everything measured out and ready to cut

Woop there we go! Still needs some warning lights

Warning lights added

I also have ordered a lot more parts from Ireland Engineering and MSDS herders!
              sigpic

Comment

turn signal lights?
                Originally posted by payney8
                We heard economics is american for card game t/f ? :P

Comment

Originally posted by neighborhood View Post
                  turn signal lights?
                  Who needs them? I can here the "tick tick tick." Na I am going to add some. Not sure how I wan them yet.
                  sigpic

Comment

Got a few more parts in today.
                    -motor mounts (one rubber, one urethane) I talked to the guys at Ireland and they recommended this for what I am doing with the car.
                    -Brass clutch pivot pin (OE is plastic)
                    -urethane trans mounts
                    -12" fan kit with all the wiring and so on
                    -silicone hose kit (did not show up, I guess its in a different box...)

I also have MSDS headers and down pipes on the way to me.
                    I am also working on getting a spacer machined for between my diff and the diff cover so I can fit my small case e30 pumpkin.
                    Still trying to figure out what I am going to do for an exhaust. Right now I am thinking glass pack center section with a Magnaflow muffler.
                    As fare as parts go I still need.
                    -diff spacer
                    -clutch slave and a few other clutch parts
                    -fly wheel machined
                    -painless wiring
                    -tachometer
                    -exhaust from headers back
                    -silicone vacuum hose set
                    -fuel hose
                    -custom length throttle wire (maybe at the bike store?)
                    -SAE to Metric adapters for Auto Meter sensors
                    -oil filter to oil cooler hose and hose fittings
                    -short shift kit and bushings
                    Last edited by deutschman; 09-28-2011, 10:12 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Got this in the mail today as well. Thank you bmwm42!
                      sigpic

Comment

i love this thread.

Comment

Thanks man! I just can wait to have the car running again! I have been doing some talking to a close friend and I might be getting a chance to change carrier paths and work at a very nice classic car restoration shop next year some time. Crossing my fingers!
                          sigpic

Comment

MSDS headers showed up yesterday! They are really nice, and all the welds look great!

On another note. I am getting no reply from Ireland Engineering about my missing coolant hoses that never showed up with the rest of the parts. The other parts also showed up at my old address even though I used my new address when I placed the order. I have tried emailing Ireland and sending a personal email to Andrew, got nothing back. Hope it works its self out.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just got a really nice email from Andrew over at Irrland Engineering. My hoses are on the way.
                              sigpic

Comment

Today I ordered a Magnaflow 14815 from amazon for $159. ;)
                                Just need a glass pack for the center, some 2.5" piping, and flanges.
                                I also ordered a M30 AFM from RobertK.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X