• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great way to stick to a goal
    Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
    A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Made this little heater block off plate out of some aluminum weeks and weeks ago but never took a picture of it. I ordered the whole set of heater block off plate and plug from AKG and asked them if they could just send me the plug and exclude the plate and adjust the price accordingly. We will see if they do.

I also ordered some urethane e21 steering rack bushings from Bavarian Autosport, and asked Blunt for a price quote on a whole list of parts. This Wednesday I am driving out to talk to Tim at Morgan's Machine to get my flywheel lightened, and work out some plumbing for my fuel lines with their front desk guy Chris.
      That just about wraps up all the parts I will need. I am sure I will find a few odds and ends missing or broken but I am very confident I have everything I need at this point. Ill have to pick up some metal for fab work.
      What gauge metal do I need for body work?
      Last edited by deutschman; 02-18-2012, 08:09 PM.
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Still have part of that fender? Bust out a gauge

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Love this thing man.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

I think Ill be bringing it down to Bimmerfest this year. We will see.
            sigpic
            "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
              I think Ill be bringing it down to Bimmerfest this year. We will see.
              caravan!
              cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                caravan!
                Dam strait! :D
                sigpic

Comment

So I spent a lot of time trying to find the right fittings to make the stock m20 oil cooler work with some custom longer braided lines. It was a no go. I just ended up ordering two m22 male to -10an fittings along with a cheap Ebay 13" oil cooler with -10an fittings.
                  sigpic

Comment

Picked up my fly wheel today. It looks great, plus it went on a diet and lost 3+lbs.
                    I also picked up my fuel line and a fuel filter. I'll have to go back to get some oil cooler lines and hose ends when I take measurements for the houses.

Lost wait in a bag!

Fuel filter
                    sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Looking good Andrew!
                        1988 E30 335i - 1987 E30 327i - 1987 E30 327iS Pickup - 1973 2002 Project

Visit www.BimmerHeads.com for all of your 12 valve needs!

Comment

Looking good Jeremy!

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

lol
                            The funny thing is Jeremy and Andrew both work at Ireland Engineering, How ever I am also Jeremy.

A wonderful thing is a Jeremy;
                            A Jeremys a wonderful thing.
                            Their tops are made out of rubber,
                            their bottoms are made out of spring
                            They're bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, bouncy,
                            fun, fun, fun, fun, fun,
                            The most wonderful thing
                            about Jeremys is:
                            I'm the only one!
                            Last edited by deutschman; 02-25-2012, 08:26 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

I got a few small parts today. I was suppose to get two m22x1.5-10an fittings for the oil feed lines from the block to the cooler, how ever I had to order them from two different suppliers and one of them sent me the wrong parts! That is after they said the part was "in stock" and then told me they did not have it and had to drop ship it from their supplier. Super lame!!! I am sending the fitting back.
                              I also got my urethane e21 steering rack bushings for the manual rack conversion from Bavarian Autosport.
                              And a sick steam cleaner to clean my engine bay before I cut all the unnecessary brackets out and paint it. I have wanted one of these for a while! Iy should help me keep my cars and engine bay clean further down the road as well.
                              My oil cooler and a few other odds and ends should be in later on this week as well. I still need to measure the length for my oil cooler lines and go get them from Morgans Machine and Speed Shop. Then next month I will order my last parts from Blunttech. After that it is just a waiting game till April.

sigpic

Comment

Where are you going to steam-clean the bay? I know how much of a mess that can make...

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Working...
                                X