No announcement yet.

Old Blue 2002 (1974 BMW 2002 Content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like you've been doing a lot. Impressed with the work so far! Loving the 2002 platform...

Waiting to see the m20 swap soon! Get that sucka in there!!

Comment

You continue to impress me. Well done!
      sigpic
      Originally posted by JinormusJ
      Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
      1989 325is Raged on then sold.
      1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
      1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
      1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
        Looks like you've been doing a lot. Impressed with the work so far! Loving the 2002 platform...

Waiting to see the m20 swap soon! Get that sucka in there!!
        Car is getting towed into the garage on Sunday. Then the fun begins!

Originally posted by frankenbeemer View Post
        You continue to impress me. Well done!
        Thank you Sr!
        sigpic
        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

The M20 swap countdown clock now reads in hours... All eyes this way please!
          Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
          A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Sooooo....

Oh it runs ofmy local time, I'm a little early to the party
            Last edited by tg318is; 04-01-2012, 03:42 AM.
            Tim.

Comment

37 minutes....
              -Pierre
              1987 535is
              1988 325is

Comment

Woke up with my fingers crossed hoping its not raining. Its not, but it is fucking crazy windy! Hope the tow truck driver does not mind.
                sigpic
                "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

sigpic

Comment

do work
                    cars beep boop

Comment

A swap?? April Fools!!!

Lol I'm kidding, lots of work was accomplished thanks to good planning and parts/tools stockpiling by Jeremy.:up:
                      Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                      A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                        do work
                        And work was done! :D
                        Made a lot of progress today! Had a great set of helping hands. Thanks Mr. Darley!
                        Got the car in the garage, and the m10, trany, drive shaft and diff were out in three hours. We got all the wiring out of the car along with most of the dash instrumentation and fuel lines. Then I attacked the engine bay with a cut off wheel and a grinder.
                        In the am.

m10 coming out.

m10 out!

2j but no z ;)

Then it was time for lunch.

Then this happened!

I decided to take the time and cut the rusted out wheel well out. We will rivet some aluminum sheet in place later on.

That was it for the day. I feel like we got a good amount of work done. Tomorrow the plan is to take the brake booster out, clean the engine bay (degrees and grind/sand), bondo, and paint. More updates tomorrow night! :nice:
                        sigpic

Comment

Nice. You got that bay torn down quick!

I'm down to drop by for a weekend day and lend an extra hand if necessary
                          cars beep boop

Comment

Sounds good. Might need some help with wiring and running fuel/vacuum lines further on down the road. Having some extra hands for that would be great!
                            sigpic

Comment

Got a good amount of stuff done today. It didnt seam like it though at the end of the day. I think I realized how much work I have to do today lol
                              We degreased the engine bay today and I started welding up some holes I wont need any more along with a few holes I should have left open. Nothing I can not drill out again. I also patched up the old fuse box hole. James went to work on the trunk with the grinder so we can Por-15 it. I got fed up with the welding fumes before I got around to grinding the welds down and doing any painting. I guess thats tomorrows plan.
                              Before anyone rags on my welds... This shit is THIN and I am no master welder. Working on it.

Last edited by deutschman; 04-02-2012, 07:53 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

honestly I know it doesnt look like a lot of work but I know from experience that's a lot of work done
                                Work We Do
                                CAtuned Feedback Page|FB CAtuned Page
                                http://www.catuned.com

Comment

Working...
                                X