Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subscribed - Much to learn from

Comment

Well here is tonight's update. I got all the holes and such welded up and ground down, and took the entire engine bay down to bare metal. I also welded the front tow hook to the frame rail. I also picked up some metal for later on. Again when it is all done it does not look like much work but it was. I have to re-weld the section that I made to cover up the old fuse box hole. The first try was shit.
      I got my ventilation system in hahaha

Hey! Who do we have here? Moon eyes!
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Und Ze Updaten Fur Todays Is...?
        The engine bay did not get painted AGAIN! But it will get painted tomorrow. It is all wraped up and ready to paint. We just did not have the time to go through the Por-15 proses today. The trunk is ready for paint tomorrow as well. We got the spare tire well replaced with some aluminum :nice:

We are going to make something fun out of this guy ;)

We were cleaning up today wondering how we were going to keep dust out of the engine bay and trunk when we found some left overs from Christmas.

I also found a super sweet slant nose Porsche today. Needs a bit of work.

And this! Portable stripper mobile!

And I got this!
        sigpic
        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

I dont think thats a real slant nose. It looks like an aftermarket front end. Either way, it loos awesome... you should sell it to me.

Comment

If I owned it I'd keep it. If it is fake all it mean is that I can drive it that much harder.
            sigpic

Comment

Some I took today:

Ahh the parts tree! With dedication, time and the right aerosol cans, you too can grow your own minty fresh parts!

Side note, Por-15 doesn't come off of skin!
              Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
              A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Zen Garden
                Work We Do
                CAtuned Feedback Page|FB CAtuned Page
                http://www.catuned.com

Comment

Yep. We got the trunk and engine bay painted today. We also got the brake booster bolted back up along with the pedal box, I welded my self some pedals, I cut the stock seat rails out, I cut part of the metal dash under section out to make room for the e30 steering column, I BROKE THE FRONT WINDOW :down: (it was already cracked...), we got the heater box delete in, and we got the the front sub frame back in.
                  The plan for tomorrow is to fab up the steering rack mounts and get that all welded up along with the steering column. Then Saturday we want to try and get the m20 in place.

sigpic

Comment

what are you doing with the e30 steering column?

Comment

I am using it in conjunction with an e21 manual steering rack to replace my steering box. the splines on the 2002 steering column and the e21 rack do not match, but the e30 splines and e21 rack splines match.
                      Last edited by deutschman; 04-05-2012, 11:05 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

:0 that's cool

Comment

Lookn pharesh!

Comment

woah....just went through your whole build looks top notch, definitely sub'd.
                            Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                            If you actually stay within your budget, you are not a true car enthusiast. True story.

Comment

We started fitting and fabricating the steering rack and its mount. We are having some problem with the steering coupler and the way it has to bend to reach the steering column. Most of the day was spent just standing around scratching my head and thinking things through. Ill take some more pictures tomorrow that shows what we are up against.
                              Does anyone know of any builds in which some one had to fabricate steering couplers and showed how they did it?
                              sigpic

Comment

Yes pictures are back up! That means it is time for an update.
                                So my friend Jame and I finely got the steering rack in place and all aligned. We fabed up a mount for the rack (which still needs to be finish welded in place) and I started on the steering column mount, and drivers seat cross members. Today (Sunday) I plan to get the seat tacked in place, get my fat ass in it, and figure out where I want to be in relation to the steering wheel and pedals, before I finish up the steering column mounting.
                                Next week should bring some exciting things like actually seeing the motor in the car!

Some of my noobish MIG welding on part of the steering column mount. It is getting better all the time though.

And one of the cross members for the new seat rails.

Here is the same rack swap on some one ell's 2002 for comparison. Its a bit different in execution but same idea.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X