No announcement yet.

Old Blue 2002 (1974 BMW 2002 Content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bearing is finely showing up tomorrow so I can get the motor in.
    Today I ran the fuel lines, put the engine harness through the fire wall, made some brackets for the bottom of the radiator (still need to make some for the top), finished painting the inside of the car, and did a few other little things.

sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Just Awesome

My VW build page - http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ic-intensive-)
      SELL ME YOUR E30 IN ARIZONA!!

Comment

MOARMOARMOAR!!!

Demand MOAR!

Comment

Thanks guys! Hopefully tomorrow I can get the motor in.
          sigpic
          "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Looks sick. Sub'd
            Nancy|1991 318is
            Bessy|1985 325e

Comment

Well... I got a few things done today. Got the front brake calipers and rotors back from a friend after sand blasting and painted them up in bright pink with yellow polka dots...

The engine is also technically in the car. I got the pilot bearings in the mail (in picture below old smaller one on top and newer bigger one on the bottom). I decided to put the engine in from the bottom. I just bolted the trans and sub frame to it, dropped the whole thing on two skateboards and slid it under the car. I guess tomorrow Ill find out how the trans fits in the tunnel :(

Exciting!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Gotta love fresh sandblasted parts.

My VW build page - http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ic-intensive-)
                SELL ME YOUR E30 IN ARIZONA!!

Comment

Hey! Engine in!!!
                  I need some help getting the engine wiring harness plugged into the right places. Any local SF guys want to lend a hand for free beer? I need some help from some one who knows m20 better then I do.

Future turbo space?
                  sigpic

Comment

oh hey i know m20 shits

so your trans fit in with no problems? Hydraulics all made it?
                    cars beep boop

Comment

Great job! The exhaust looks amazing!!

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                        oh hey i know m20 shits

so your trans fit in with no problems? Hydraulics all made it?
                        Yeah I had to bash the trans tunnel a bit but not much. Dydro made it but I need and adapter.

Originally posted by D-rock View Post
                        Great job! The exhaust looks amazing!!
                        Thanks man
                        sigpic

Comment

this is coming along nicely. keep it up!

Comment

All I can say is wiring is a bitch! Still working on getting everything hooked up. I hope this thing is running by the 5th! I have an event to go to.
                            Nothing new for the '02 but I got some swag for the 135i!
                            sigpic

Comment

a little sneak attack action.

Comment

Now that the engine is in and I am wiring I have run into two problems. 1 the starter is not contacting the flywheel and just spins, and 2 the steering linkage is now not long enough to connect to the steering column even though it was perfect before the motor was in.
                                Is there a way to adjust the starter or do I just have to get a different starter? I mean it could just be that the starter needs some shims. Ill have to check it out on Monday. The steering linkage is a much bigger problem.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X