• Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya need some pictures man.
    [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
    Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

here we go. after long last some updates.... and a few pictures.

so i got some hella 500's from steve (he always has the fastes shipping and good prices).
      i also got all my suspension stuff installed. i will get some better pictures of the suspension tomorrow when i wire up the lights in doors. it is raining right now.

sitting nice and low, but not to low. ie stage three springs and some kyb's for now. i want to get some b sports later on down the road.
      i also did all new urethane bushings and ball joints all around.

fat 22mm sway bar up front. i still need to get the back in. i have been having troubles getting the bushings to fit in the back sub frame pivot point brackets. i need to to do some bushing sanding or something.

quick inside shot. nothign special or beautiful here. ill get to it later. it is comfortable for now.

im taking a welding class this spring so i can do all my own welding. i want to shave the front and back side driving lights (not quite sure what their proper names are). i also want to weld up the front bumper mounting holes. the back of the car should get a euro bumper or a small composite bumper at some point. right now i am saving up parts and money for the e21/volvo brake up grades and some wheels and tires.

if any of you guys have any wheel suggestions let me know. i am looking for something in the $500-$600 range that looks classic some where around 15x7/8 or 16x7/8.
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

HID goodnes!

i also finely got the rear sway bar in. man those bushings are a bitch to get in!
        a little photoshop i did

i think i like it with out the yellow light better though...
        sigpic
        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Great work so far
          ** Lot's of M20 turbo parts for sale.**

Turn key track car.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=222066

Comment

Originally posted by E30Idea View Post
            Great work so far
            thanks;)
            im hoping to get some decent wheels, tires, and brakes on by this summer. wish i could do that sooner but what with the economy and me being in school and all i don't think all that will come together for a while.
            any wheel recommendations?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman
              .. in two h4 bulbs and two 7" round lamin-x yellow covers?
              at first - I was like "What would you want with a 7 foot piece of lamin-x?"

lol
              -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Originally posted by Simon S View Post
                at first - I was like "What would you want with a 7 foot piece of lamin-x?"

lol
                oops! lol
                sigpic

Comment

my left engine mount broke off of the sub frame. took it out this weekend to get it welded up and repainted. i am also refurbishing my pedal box and stripping the interior to do some painting and sound proofing.
                  pictures soon.
                  sigpic

Comment

finely finished putting my sub frame back in after getting it welded at Al's welding in SF. i went into the welding shop and the guy looked at my sub frame and said, "are you from such and such automotive?" im like no... he told me that he had just welded two of the same sub frames for a set of what he called 2-00-2's lol. i was surprised. he did a good job, and got it done in a few hours for me for $120. not sure if that was a good price but i don't care.

sub frame welded and painted. sorry for the cell phone picture. my mom took my camera to india for a month...

pedal box painted and rebuilt.

and my big volvo brakes! SWEEEEET!

ill be picking up the rest of the parts for the brakes in the next few weeks along with the rear drums from a 320i. then it will be time for wheels and tires.
                    Last edited by deutschman; 02-18-2010, 09:28 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Great work! Did the engine mount brake because of rust or what?

Comment

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
                        Great work! Did the engine mount brake because of rust or what?
                        that is common failure point on 02's. normal when subframe is out to get the drivers side engine mount reinforced.
                        marshall
                        75 M2
                        87 325
                        97 m3
                        02 325it

Comment

yeah you should see the stock engine mount. the thing is so skinny and week.
                          sigpic

Comment

added two speakers. im very happy with where they are and how they sound.

i need to get that dam thing rapped.
                            sadly i just had a really bad three weeks in which i got a $53 ticket, a $60 ticket, and i got my car towed which cost me $375 in towing charges and a $75 ticket. WTF!!!!!!
                            so im saving up some cash for some ssr mkll's in 15x8 et0 to fit my volvo brakes under. they will look sick. i spent a few days looking at all the wheels out there in 15x8 and i likes the ssr mkll's the best.
                            now i have some reading to do for my motor.

forced induction performance tuning by a. graham bell, maximum boost by corky bell, and how to tune and modify engine management systems by jeff hartman.
                            sigpic

Comment

I like the direction you're taking with this car. That's a clever speaker placement as well. Is it very noticeably seen while sitting in either seat?

Comment

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
                                I like the direction you're taking with this car. That's a clever speaker placement as well. Is it very noticeably seen while sitting in either seat?
                                not really. maybe if your really really short. they are tucked under the dash fairly well.

up dates coming soon just ordered
                                -8mm spacers
                                -longer wheel studs all around
                                -e21 front wheel bearings
                                -pick and pulled e21 hubs
                                -ordered volvo brakes

still need to order
                                -ss lines
                                -brake fluid
                                -tires
                                -wheels (i know what wheels i am getting but i wont say yet. i think it might be a first for a 2002)

i think i will need fender flares as well. the tires, wheels and flares will take a while. maybe a month or so.

cheers
                                Last edited by deutschman; 03-10-2010, 01:53 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X