No announcement yet.

Old Blue 2002 (1974 BMW 2002 Content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm ordering some Corbeau Forza seats in black tomorrow, and I should be getting a 4 point bolt in cage from Gods Country with in a week or so.
    I think I am going to rhino liner the floor of my car.
    I am piecing together some new door cards and have a steering wheel selected as well.
    Should I keep my center console? I am having second thoughts about keeping it. The car is so loud I can't really hear my speakers any way. I could use that space for a small extinguisher...
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Had a great car day today! The interior is coming together much faster then I thought it would because of an unexpectedly large check, and my friend picked up apexhead's 318is m50 swapped e30 today!
      I am waiting for Steve to get his ass in gear and send me my 4 point cage ;) and my harnesses should show up ether Wednesday or Thursday. I need to cut out the stock seat mounts and lower them because my seats are WAY to high right now! Then Rhino line the floor. Easy to clean + rust protection. Its a mans car what can I say?
      We had an unexpected visitor while we put the seats in my car.

He was crawling around on me.
      The seats.

The 318is with m50 swap.

My car with shitty iPhone filters.

My girls 2006 Mini S that she picked up two wheels ago. Mods will happen!
      BBS LM's! Her's is the red one.

Cheers!
      Last edited by deutschman; 10-26-2010, 06:13 PM.
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

how hard would an S14 swap be? i know im late into this thread, and the car is coming along nicely. but i thought i read the idea of an m20 was being kicked around.
        Much wow
        I hate 4 doors

Comment

i talked to a guy today who is doing an m20 swap at work right now and he said it is a real pain in the ass. it would be the quickest way to get a lot of hp under my hood engine wise but not fitment wise. lots of cutting. i also do not have a garage i can use for a few months.
          i would love to do an s14 but i sadly do not have $7000 to drop on just the motor.
          the plan right now is to buy a second m10 and rebuild/turbo it. i can do all of that in my shed, and then I can drop it into my car get an exhaust welded up and do some tuning. i figure for $3000-$4000 i could have a decent turbo set up on my m10.
          really love this guys set up! in the end i would like mine to look something like this.

im going to start saving now and by spring early summer i should have all my ducks in a line to start the engine project.
          sigpic

Comment

If you end up going m20, let me know. I'm getting close to getting my car running. I take frequent trips to SF as my aunt lives down there and would be happy to stop by and talk. How are you liking the forzas? I only have a drivers side seat, but my car hasnt ran since I bought the seat.

Comment

Originally posted by pizzaman View Post
              If you end up going m20, let me know. I'm getting close to getting my car running. I take frequent trips to SF as my aunt lives down there and would be happy to stop by and talk. How are you liking the forzas? I only have a drivers side seat, but my car hasnt ran since I bought the seat.
              cool beans! ill most definitely hit you up, even if i don't go m20.
              are you going to go on the drive on November 6th in the east bay? It's a bay area '02 drive.

Curt Ingraham Memorial Drive� Saturday, 6 November 2010
              >
              > Meet at 10:00 AM at Safeway in Castro Valley, then drive on a route that
              >
              > Curt developed on some fun backroads of Oakland, Canyon, Moraga,
              > Lafayette and Berkeley to arrive at Fenton�s Ice Cream Parlor. As usual
              >
              > for BayArea 02, this is a casual event: drive as your schedule allows
              > (perhaps 3 hours with your car) or stay for lunch and/or ice cream.
              >
              > We�re still arranging a few details but mark your calendars now, and
              > watch for specific meeting information!
              sigpic

Comment

Started some more work on the interior today. Just sprayed the door arm rests/grips with some VHT black. I am going to do the door cards, rear cards and the center consul with some black felt. It's cheap, water resistant and doesn't look bad at all.
                I'll post some pictures up when I have some more done hopefully this weekend (rain rain go away, come again another day!).

Last edited by deutschman; 10-26-2010, 06:14 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

and went on a drive with the gf today
                  love this car so much!

Last edited by deutschman; 10-26-2010, 06:14 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

got my 4 point kirk bar in today!
                    sigpic

Comment

Dope

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                        got my 4 point kirk bar in today!
                        man you do not fuck around. i just got the notice from fedex it was delivered. How the hell did you get that installed so quickly??
                        We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                        www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

lol this has to be some kind of record Roll bar was delivered
                          Ship (P/U) date: Oct 21, 2010
                          Delivery date: Oct 27, 2010 11:15 AM
                          Delivery location: SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA
                          Service type: FedEx Home Delivery
                          Packaging type: Package
                          Number of pieces: 1
                          Weight: 44.00 lb.
                          We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                          www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by blunt View Post
                            lol this has to be some kind of record Roll bar was delivered
                            Ship (P/U) date: Oct 21, 2010
                            Delivery date: Oct 27, 2010 11:15 AM
                            Delivery location: SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA
                            Service type: FedEx Home Delivery
                            Packaging type: Package
                            Number of pieces: 1
                            Weight: 44.00 lb.
                            yep :D
                            im super stoked! i don't have that much farther to go before i will be satisfied with the in side of my beater.
                            thanks for everything blunt!
                            next thing i get from you will be some italean turn signals.
                            sigpic

Comment

How much did that roll bar run you? That would be perfect for my 74.
                              sigpic

Comment

got it used from blunt for $280. with shipping a 4 point bar from autopower will run you about $400 + about $150 in shipping. not sure how much a new 4 point kirk bar like the one i have would run you seeing as they have no prices posted on the web site.
                                try and buy a used one. roll bars are one of those things that are best used because you pay half the price and with some new paint (rattle can!) they are good as new!
                                love the 4 point bar i have! it tide the car together more then i thought it would, and i feel safer. i think i will add some pieces on to it later on like a cross bar and some bars that go threw to both front and back suspension towers.
                                im going to buy the stuff i need to do my door cards tomorrow. ill do a write up with pictures on the faq.
                                im excited!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X