Old Blue 2002 (1974 BMW 2002 Content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

shes coming together very nicely. read the entire build thread. ive always like the little 2002's. perhaps i could make a project one like this one day. sub'd!

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
      my feedback thread

Comment

Thanks man!
        sigpic
        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Nice pants bro. I wish my E30's interior looked that sweet.
          ///Z

1988 BMW 325 Super Eta - Elsa

"i"CONVERSIONWARchip&3.0MAF3.73LSDBBSRSsSMILIES"is"SPOILER+LIPHOUNDSTOOTHSHORTSHIFTERPLASTICBUMPERCONVERSIONEtc.

Sell Me Your SCHWARZ FENDERS!

Originally posted by chadthestampede
          ^ Nothing you post makes any sense.

Comment

Those are my chefs pants! lol
            But I rock them.
            Thanks!
            sigpic

Comment

6 into my 2.

yes it is going to happen! i have an m20!
              cant wait!
              sigpic

Comment

Let's pull the bottom end from the 325i on Sunday
                Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                A Topless Memorandum

Comment

I saw your 2002 a few weeks ago while walking around the mission looking at apartments :o
                  cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                    I saw your 2002 a few weeks ago while walking around the mission looking at apartments :o
                    I was most likely at work at B3. There are a lot of cool cars in that neighborhood including a race prepped 510 and a reeeaaalllllyyyy clean alpha.
                    The guy with the 510 designs electric racing bikes.

My m20 came out of the downer car today and made it into my shed.
                    Now its time to start saving some money and buying parts like a 5 speed. I also need to do a lot of reading up on m20 swaps.

My shed needs a clean and I need an engine stand!
                    sigpic

Comment

Parts I have:
                      M20B25 from a '91 325i automatic
                      Radiator from a 325i
                      Alternator, coolant expansion tank, and all the other odds and ends
                      ECU, fuse box, and wiring harnesses
                      Custom motor mounts
                      oil cooler
                      19# injectors

Parts I still need:
                      5 speed (I want to use a e30 5 speed)
                      Drive shaft (what drive shaft do I need?)
                      Transmission mount
                      Fly wheel
                      Fuel pump (what pump can I use with my stock fuel tank?)
                      Long list of engine refresh parts like seals and belts
                      Custom throttle cable
                      MSDS headers
                      272 cam
                      Silicon coolant hoses
                      M30 AFM
                      WAR Chip
                      Windage tray
                      Short shift kit
                      LSD not the drug ; )
                      sigpic

Comment

Fabed up a temporary battery box till I can get my roll bar tied into the rear shock towers with a battery box. Battery fit a bit tight but it will work for now.

I also got my motor mounts in the mail last night. They will let me install the M20 with out hacking the sub frame up.
                        sigpic

Comment

Wired up a third brake light today. This is my end result. Third brake light from an e30. I like it where it is, but I might fab up some L brackets to get it a bit closer to the window. I also want to tuck the wiring away a bit more, but I am happy with it for now.
                          Video
                          Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Off (keep in mind it is very bright out today!)

On

sigpic

Comment

Not sure if the 260 will fit in the trans tunnel in an 02...but a g240 from an m42 will and it will also bolt to the m20. Either trans will require you to run an electric speedo...but thats not that big of a deal.

and a sensor
                            www.classicdaily.net
                            1970 m42 swapped 2002
                            1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
                            https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

Love the gauge, very subtle
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                              VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb View Post
                                Not sure if the 260 will fit in the trans tunnel in an 02...but a g240 from an m42 will and it will also bolt to the m20. Either trans will require you to run an electric speedo...but thats not that big of a deal.

and a sensor
                                yeah that was a typo. should have fixed it. ill go g240. is there a better way to mount the magnets to the drive shaft? was that for testing or are you rolling around with them just zip tied on?
                                i like the gauge. what is the parts did you use for the sensor?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X