No announcement yet.

Old Blue 2002 (1974 BMW 2002 Content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have everything but the injectors working. I am sooo close. Need a noid light. Ill be back soon.
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

I did some testing and came to a conclusion that made me feel so god damn stupid, but also made my day so great!

First I tested my injectors for resistance and they all came in at 14-15 OHMs. Good!

Then I made my self a geto noid light to check the injector harness for fire signals.

And it worked.

So then I was like "now why the hell wont my car start if everything is working electrically? Oh shit!!! My fuel lines are installed in revers." I had my return line and feed line mixed up the whole time! Dumb ass!
      So now my car kind of starts. There is still something kind of funky going on but I get a rrrrrrrrrr gurgle and some smoke from it now which is a good step forwards. I am going to let the battery charge over night and then try again tomorrow.
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Great progress!!

Comment

:D

FYI it'll want the AFM connected if you expect to idle at all. That might be your gurgle.
          cars beep boop

Comment

Well I am still having a hard time getting the engine to run. Still just wanting to fire one cylinder. Still trying to track down ze problem.
            On another note, I welded up the exhasut.
            MSDS headers => y pipe => flexible section => Cherry Bomb glass pack => to center section => to Magnaflow
            I did it in three pieces, headers to glass pack, center section, and muffler section all connected by band clamps. I think I need to add one more hanger right at the muffler end of the center section.
            It looks really low in the pictures but its actually not. It never gets lower then the diff in the back.

sigpic

Comment

M20 is running!!! Video as soon as I get to an actual computer (on my iPhone).
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                M20 is running!!! Video as soon as I get to an actual computer (on my iPhone).
                Hell yeah, deutschy !! Lets see some action.
                Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Here we go brothers! First video of the m20 up and running! Never mind the smoke its just the high temp header paint cooking off. There is a bit of valve tick Ill have to adjust as well, but other wise she running nice! Listen to that 272 ; )
                  sigpic

Comment

I called OK Injectors yesterday to talk to them about why my 19#ers were failing so badly and what they could do about it. Turns out that when the ship the injectors out the cover the inside of them with some sort of lubricant to keep them from rusting during shipping and before installation. How ever, if you do not install them with in a certain time period, the lubricant which is paraffin based will harden and cause the injectors to fail like mine did.
                    The gentleman I talked to on the phone had no problems with taking the injectors back and cleaning them out for me again. After I mentioned What car they were going into he asked me what forums I was on and even knew about my 2002 build which was a nice surprise.
                    All is well that ends well. Ill have them back in a few days.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well the 2002 is not going to make it to Bimmerfest like I had hoped. I have run out of money, have no job, and just like everyone knows every time you think you are done with a part of the project you find another problem you have to fix.
                      -Wheels do not clear shortened pitman arms. Need larger wheels = $1000
                      -Need drive shaft professionally shortened and balanced = $200-300
                      I think the car is going to get towed back to my place and is going to sit for a while so I can get a job, save up some cash, and pay off my credit card. BUMMER
                      It might be good though. I have been working on this thing so hard and so fast I think I have lost perspective on it. It will be good to take a brake.
                      sigpic

Comment

Part it out?
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by JinormusJ
                        Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
                        1989 325is Raged on then sold.
                        1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
                        1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
                        1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Just kidding. I love the sound of that 272 lope.
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by JinormusJ
                          Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
                          1989 325is Raged on then sold.
                          1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
                          1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
                          1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

I think you've got the right mindset. It's real easy to get "sucked into the vortex" with projects like this. Perfect time to break away and get your finances in shape now. The car will always be there.

Oh, and that sound is mmmm mmmm good!

Comment

Originally posted by frankenbeemer View Post
                              I love the sound of that 272 lope.

272 doesn't lope, Motronic is a wuss and gets its panties in a bunch at first whiff of overlap.
                              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                                272 doesn't lope, Motronic is a wuss and gets its panties in a bunch at first whiff of overlap.
                                Yeah. I am going to put a cover on the car as said before. Save some money and change a few things including a MS set up.
                                I just need a brake from it for a while. I still love this car and I think it will be great, but it is important to know when to step away and take a breath. ;)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X