Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    Update: Haven't upped to 10psi just yet. I am working on getting the ICV to control idle nicely. Making slow progress, hence the lack of updates. As of now I can get i to idle @ ~1050 +/- 100 with the AC on or off... but i can not just turn the AC on from a dead idle. I have to give it a bit of throttle and then let it settle back down. After that it is driveable with the AC on.

Here are some pics of the IAT sensor installed/mounted. And also some pics of my MS with her skirt up.

Pay no attention to the MS paint yellow lines. I put those there when I was trying to trace down a problem with my tach not getting a signal. Fixed that problem... no back on to the idle. Been working on this for 2 days now :(

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    Originally posted by ///m3 View Post
    Nice work! - What kind of power are you expecting?
    Now that I have it running "decent" with 8psi, I am going to up it to 10psi. I was just using it as a proof-in-concept to make sure everything was functioning properly. Namely not blowing charge pipes, vacuum lines, etc. Right now I'm guessing I am at 180ish rwp. At 10psi I am hoping for 200rwhp. Not going to hold my breath though.

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
    Moar videos!!
    Soon, but not yet. ;)

No real updates other than I got the IAT wired, installed, and reading correctly. I tried a full day of tuning with the idle control valve on there... lol it severely owned me! I was so pissed. Could not get a good idle to save my life, let alone a good tune. So gave up on it and removed it again and just made new maps adjusted for the correct IAT's. Sounds fun huh?

I must say MS is not as easy to dial in as I had hoped. I had done a bunch of reading, but you can read all day long... until you jump in you still now almost nothing. Soooooo... I'm learning as I go and just keeping the AFR's in check so nothing goes "bang". Will keep updating.

Leave a comment:

• iamsam
    replied
    Moar videos!!

Leave a comment:

• ///m3
    replied
    Nice work! - What kind of power are you expecting?

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
    how much extra IC piping do you have left?
    A bit... maybe 10ft total... not sure I can take a picture of what's left if you are interested.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty E thirty
    replied
    very nice

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    how much extra IC piping do you have left?

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    ^Thanks... I'm sure you will see it in person fairly soon. SA is a pretty small place for such a big city.

Keep the compliments/comments/criticisms coming guys...

The wife is at her sisters tonight having a "girls night" so I got to spend some time with my other girl :) Also the reason for the late night post, she would hate for me to stay up working on the car. But since she's not here...

I got my IAT sensor installed, wired, and tested. Also trimmed the ECU brackets to allow me to permanently have my serial cable installed. This will keep me from having to drop the damn MS everytime I want to log or tune. More pics tomorrow... I'm tired.

Leave a comment:

• yert315
    replied
    looking good! Mathew told me about the install. I would love to see this thing in person. I bet it's very fun

Leave a comment:

• e30nub
    replied
    OK I wants tarbo again.

Leave a comment:

• deutschman
    replied
    very nice man. it is cool to see danny's kit in another car. very clean.

i read it is good to use hotter plugs during the first bit of tuning...
    am i wrong?

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    Here is a link to the first start vid with the turbo and everything hooked up... look how pig rich she was. LOL fouled 2 sets of plugs before I got it tuned enough to not do that.

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    No problems Danny, you did pre warn me. I think I am currently putting down around 170rwhp @8psi. It feels great according to the butt dyno and actually puts you back into the seat around 3500rpm.

Thanks all for the comments/compliments. I will continue to update this until the bitter end... dyno results, videos, etc.

Power steering honestly, I could do without... but the wife wants it, so it stays. I drove it for a couple of weeks with the belt off to see and it was nice... I think simply swapping an e36 rack into it will be fine for me though.

Install Day 7 (Fri 21st)

Got the main efan wired up today. In conjunction with the little 10" one in front this thing moves some serious air across the motor. LOL I let go of a piece of terry towel about 2 feet from the grills and it got sucked straight onto them. Don't think I'll ever have a problem with over heating :)

I also got another fog installed as I had cracked one whilst cutting a bracket off the valence to make room for the IC. Final thing I did was degrease the engine top to bottom and I don't THINK I have any more oil leaks. Which is good... because I hate it when engines drip. Mine only has 44450 miles on it (rebuilt of course) and there would be no excuses for me to allow it to bleed.

Recharging the AC tomorrow... then will bring it back into the garage the next day to tear it back down to get everything coated and looking sexy. After that hood can go back on. I hate driving without a hood, makes me feel so ghetto. LOL although I do get alot of ppl asking about the car now. ;)

On to the pictars... I thought you guys would like some from under her skirt to see what was going on under there.

Leave a comment:

• stevofthahill
    replied
    I've always wanted to turbo/supercharge my m42 as opposed to s5x swap it. More so turbo than super. It's great to see another build thread that gives me hope that a reliable turbo m42 isn't just a fallacy.

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    you're a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles for keeping power steering.

just kidding.

this is much the same as i will be doing to my vert- i have all the necessary parts, just need to get a few wrinkles out of the engine first.

anyway, good work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X