Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z31maniac's DD 318is

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    I was contemplating picking this car up. Super excited to see how this goes through- Subscribed!

    Comment


      #32
      Looking good. The rear turned out nice!
      E92 M3...

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by BrewCity11 View Post
        Introducing Holly.
        who decided on this name?

        www.instagram.com/dsloanphoto

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by daniel View Post
          who decided on this name?
          Levent and I did. Buddy Holly. We'll be airbrushing a huge guitar on the hood too.
          turk@gutenparts.com

          Originally posted by Janderson
          Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

          Comment


            #35
            super clean shell man! rock on. Looks great.

            E30 325is "Starting from Scratch" build thread

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by BrewCity11 View Post
              We'll be airbrushing a huge guitar on the hood too.

              Sold.......again.

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by BrewCity11 View Post
                Levent and I did. Buddy Holly. We'll be airbrushing a huge guitar on the hood too.
                I know a girl named Holly, she's got big...ehhhh.. never mind, it's not relevant

                PS cool update on rear end

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by vlad View Post
                  I know a girl named Holly, she's got big...ehhhh.. never mind, it's not relevant
                  Girls named Holly typically have big tits. Speak from experience :D

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by Bimmerista View Post
                    Girls named Holly typically have big tits. Speak from experience :D
                    i dated a girl named holly in high school and she does not fit into this category. she was only 5', though.

                    www.instagram.com/dsloanphoto

                    Comment


                      #40
                      For future reference, Peel N Seal is a terrible product to use on automotive applications. It is designed to melt/run since it is a roofing product spec'd to help seal around chimneys.

                      Below is a photo example of some of the popular "sound deadening" offerings at 200*F.



                      Left to right:
                      eDead v1SE²
                      RAAMmat BXT
                      Dynamat Xtreme
                      FatMat
                      Peel & Seal
                      R-Blox
                      Sound Destroyer
                      Grace Vycor
                      eDead v1²
                      Below the radar...

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
                        For future reference, Peel N Seal is a terrible product to use on automotive applications. It is designed to melt/run since it is a roofing product spec'd to help seal around chimneys.

                        Below is a photo example of some of the popular "sound deadening" offerings at 200*F.



                        Left to right:
                        eDead v1SE²
                        RAAMmat BXT
                        Dynamat Xtreme
                        FatMat
                        Peel & Seal
                        R-Blox
                        Sound Destroyer
                        Grace Vycor
                        eDead v1²
                        I hear you. This is why i'm using the eDead in potentially higher temp areas, and the peelnseal in others, just for peace of mind.

                        I think the topic has been way overthought and researched in the last few years. I have used half a dozen brands over the last 10 years, including the HD cheapo stuff, and have had no issues or complaints except for one: parked in the heat for extended peroids of time, will cause a "tar" scent to escape. This goes away once you air out the car for a few minutes.
                        turk@gutenparts.com

                        Originally posted by Janderson
                        Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Looks very good! I agree on it being very clean!
                          Wow!
                          Last edited by Jean; 11-17-2009, 08:03 PM.
                          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205



                          OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

                          Comment


                            #43
                            you'll enjoy the mileage. im still amazed at mine, i've never had a car do so well on gas.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              ^That's good. I commute about 45 miles a day.

                              I'm super excited about having such a nice daily. The car I've been using as a DD for the last few years is fucking beat to shit. To the point I almost considered buying something new or just a few years old, but decided against it as I hate the idea of having a car payment. Especially now that we have a mortgage.

                              I've just got to figure out a way to con Levent out of those Borbet T's before I leave.
                              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

                              www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                                ^That's good. I commute about 45 miles a day.

                                I'm super excited about having such a nice daily. The car I've been using as a DD for the last few years is fucking beat to shit. To the point I almost considered buying something new or just a few years old, but decided against it as I hate the idea of having a car payment. Especially now that we have a mortgage.

                                I've just got to figure out a way to con Levent out of those Borbet T's before I leave.
                                Con, con me? You know who you have to con.
                                sigpic
                                New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter
                                ____________________________________

                                Levent
                                %20levent@gutenparts.com

                                ____________________________________
                                Ladies:
                                1998 E36 m3/4/5 1988 325i 1989 325iT

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X