Clear All

• e30polak
    replied
    Beautiful work. I love your attention to detail! :D

Not a fan of the painted trim, but everything else is awesome! :pimp:

Leave a comment:

• N2MYE30
    replied
    BRAVO!!! Im sure this thread will be referenced for future e30'ers for years to come.

Leave a comment:

• robrez
    replied
    I had to give up on downloading the whole the thing, but from what I saw, simply awesome and inspiring work.

Leave a comment:

• cabin
    replied
    Awesome build and great attention to detail!

Seeing this thread makes me want to keep the M42 in my 318is. Maybe I'll start the search for another motor to refresh/rebuild in my spare time instead of going with an M50.

Leave a comment:

• FrE30N
    replied
    What an astoundingly phenomenal experience you've created. An amazing amount of information that's superbly documented. A real pleasure to behold. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Jordan325iC
    replied
    Awesome. Truly great. Once this build is done you're going to have a car that you can drive across the country with no hesitation, the kind of reliability that is priceless. I think the maaco job doesn't look bad at all, and the fact that it was cheap means you won't feel bad subjecting it to the daily use it so deserves. The beauty is truly in the details with this build. Love it.

Leave a comment:

• iamsam
    replied
    needs drop, an iS lip, and BBS.

But seriously. Totally epic documentary of an amazing restoration. Maybe one day I can do something similar to my 318is.

Leave a comment:

• hi its me alec
    replied
    This makes me so happy. Well done.

Leave a comment:

• Spaz
    replied
    Very sweet writeup, was a pleasure to see someone put so much time/love into their car :D

Leave a comment:

• iwantspeed
    replied
    nice project

Leave a comment:

• Disaster Inc
    replied
    Wow

This must be the most entertaining, inspiring, and best photographically documented thread I've read on this forum.

I myself am in the midst of a winter motor/trans swap/rehab. And as I come up out of the cramped garage after the heater runs out of kerosene, covered once again with grease on a Friday night, I read your story and it reminds me why I do it...

Great work

Subscribed.

Leave a comment:

• Spiff325iS
    replied
    I just took about two hours to read through your entire thread. Awesome! Simply, awesome! The amount of dedication and work put into your car definitely shows.

I'll be following your every foot steps :)

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Simon S
    replied
    Thanks guys. At loss - because the car is so completely devoid of ‘sexy’ parts – wasn’t sure what response would be like. After the lessons, I just wanted to keep things pure and OE simple. I guess that goes a long way.

I knew when starting – there’d be a lot of things I’d be challenged with. If the pics help or inspire anyone – it was all worthwhile.

A great deal of help and guidance came from those on this site – so it is a genuine pleasure to share the experience here.
    Last edited by Simon S; 01-28-2010, 10:33 PM. Reason: grammar

Leave a comment:

• jackbenny
    replied
    There are some killer reference shots in this thread for those "how did this look before I took it apart" moments. Well done.

Your taillight treatment intrigues me. Methinks some further thought may be required...

Leave a comment:

• constructor
    replied
    Simply incredible dedication and attention to detail. Outstanding write up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X