318is M52 Vortech Supercharged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsobering47 View Post
    looks amazing. you wouldnt happen to have any good info on OBDI M52B28 -> 1991 318is C101 pin wiring, would you? I'm feeling lazy and figured I'd ask.
    I just had James come over and help me wire it so I don't have the chart we used. For the last engine I just found a generic chart and then just checked them with the etm. I think AKG has some on there site.

Originally posted by hi its me alec View Post
    I love the shot of the front strut assemblies. Keep up the good work, it's been a fun thread to read
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
    The car is sweet!
    Originally posted by Iain View Post
    Fuck yeah, I really rate this thing.

Awesome work.
    Thanks

Originally posted by Harry's E30 View Post
    wow thats fuckin sick well done especially the wheels they look 100x better
    Thanks, I will probably go with bigger wheels eventually but for now they work good.

Comment

Started on getting parts for the supercharger.

What I have so far:
      803 Maf
      42lb Ford Racing injectors
      6 psi pulley
      Vortech V1 rebuilt
      Base tune

What I Ordered this week.
      Wideband Air fuel gauge
      Oil feed line
      Oil drain

What I still need to order:
      Aluminum for bracket
      Piping from supercharger
      Piping to supercharger
      Belt and pulleys
      Parts to rebuild Alternator

All I got done today other then order parts was to start the oil feed for the supercharger. I'm Just going to drill and tap the head of the vanos oil feed line. Today I just drilled the pilot hole.

Comment

This thread is so full of WIN!!!!

Comment

I dream of dropping an M62 motor from an e39 M5 into my E30, it would be so perfect.
          E30 buildy things
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

wicking thread soooo clean!
            Live Fast. Drive Faster.

"Nitrous is like a hot girl with an STD... :)
            You wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences :(

Comment

Originally posted by MattAvino View Post
              I dream of dropping an M62 motor from an e39 M5 into my E30, it would be so perfect.
              Replace the M with an S and your half way there.
              sigpic

Comment

When you make your bracket for the Supercharger, let me know and I'd love (if I can at the time) throw up on some extra alluminum and get one fabbed up. That's the long run plan for the S50...

Great progress. Loved your car when I saw you at Bert's.
                Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Awesome thread!

How are the Pole Positions for every day driving?
                  '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

subscribing to this one. Uber wicked ideas flowing through my head!!

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
                      Awesome thread!

How are the Pole Positions for every day driving?
                      They are actually pretty comfortable, I like them better then the stock sports seats.

Comment

I got my LC-1 today and will be installing it this weekend. Does anyone that has installed one before have any tips for where they put everything? I'm thinking send the o2 sensor though the shifter hole and run the other wires though the center console and have the plugs for the computer in the glove box. I will still need to get the SSI-4 so that I can get the tach signal for data logging.

I'm going to use an -8 for my oil drain lines. I got a aluminum bung to weld to the oil pan and I also picked up a cap for it so I can still drive the car with out oil spilling out while I'm getting the rest of the supercharger together.

Part #'s Cap:992908ERL, Bung: SUM-220061

And this is where it will be will be welded on to drain in to the pan, it's a nice flat spot that should be out of the way.

Comment

True ^

I was gonna say drill and grommet myself. On the tranny tunnel somewhere.
                          turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
                          Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

Where's the updates? :)

Originally posted by nwvb bmw View Post
                            I got my LC-1 today and will be installing it this weekend. Does anyone that has installed one before have any tips for where they put everything?
                            I have the module in the engine bay but behind the plastic cover on the passenger side firewall (Not sure if this is any different on M42 vs S14 engine bays) then ran the wires through a firewall grommet and up, into the ECU area.
                            Chris
                            90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Originally posted by cramer View Post
                              Where's the updates? :)

I have the module in the engine bay but behind the plastic cover on the passenger side firewall (Not sure if this is any different on M42 vs S14 engine bays) then ran the wires through a firewall grommet and up, into the ECU area.
                              I was able to put it the module under the rear portion of the center console and run the o2 down the shifter hole and along the transmission tunnel.
                              I used some .25" stainless cushion clamps to hold the wire to the side of the transmission tunnel.

Updates... I have been kinda lazy. Last week I did buy a 2000 Land Rover Discovery for cheap put a new water pump (which I already had for my range rover but sold it before I put the new water pump on) and new belt on it detailed it and made some money selling it. I then spent some of that money ordering more parts.

Disco before

After (bought on Monday sold on Wednesday)

Engine & Transmission Mounts

Tee that will go in the brake booster line for vacuum line to the diverter valve. 1/2x1/2x1/4

Material to make the supercharger mount.
                              Last edited by 10Toes; 03-07-2011, 08:51 PM.

Comment

You do some amazing work! Love your car!

What kind of side mounts did you use with your pole positions?

Are they recaro? And did you use any kind of a slider, if so what? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X