After a year of searching, an Alpineweiß story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
    I'm really likin' both of those cars! Are those style 5's on the E36? Hard to tell from the pic.
    yes

-
    Project
    Parts for Sale
    Feedback
    YouTube Channel

Comment

m1
      m2(2002 with an m3 engine)
      m3 convertible
      m3 track goodies
      m5
      m3 evo2
      natalie
      and the car on the far right is 1 or 3 factory dinan turboed e30 m3's.

at the Socal Vintage show
      more pictures here

Last edited by iwantspeed; 11-02-2010, 10:26 AM.

-
      Project
      Parts for Sale
      Feedback
      YouTube Channel

Comment

small stuff

old cigarette igniter

new e34 cigg lighter it fits more flush and doesn't stick up as high.

driver side missing tweeter

passenger side missing tweeter, previous owner tried using some kind of glue to hold the sail panel up.

driver side tweeter in

passenger side tweeter in, sorry for the crappy pics

I bought the car with missing dome lights, it didnt really bug me.

I finally got around to fixing it.

-
        Project
        Parts for Sale
        Feedback
        YouTube Channel

Comment

very precise details. love it.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
          my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
            very precise details. love it.
            thanks

-
            Project
            Parts for Sale
            Feedback
            YouTube Channel

Comment

good work sir. I got one last week.

here's my story. i love bimmers, especially alpine white bimmers. i have a E90 325i facelift Alpineweiß III at home and I love it to death. E30 is just so sexy and pretty affordable, so I decided to have one in the states. I found a lot of E30 in my area and I was very excited when I saw the cars though my buddy who owns a E30 m50b28 kept telling me that those E30s are not legit enough. I waited for more than a month. (Tho I kept checking CL for like a year, but i couldn't buy a car during that time plus I didn't find any good ones.) Then, a mint condition Alpineweiß II E30 325i appeared. The seller didn't quite like replying my emails at the beginning, but later I found him and the car legit. I went there and saw the car, as soon as I saw it, I made up my mind that im gonna buy it. It's a 1989 325i Alpineweiß II 5 speed manual has about 170k miles on it but in great condition, and everything works even power mirrors. Pulls strong when I got it. New seats, new stereo wirings blahblahblah. I checked the carfax and it's only 3 owners and the car stayed in wa for its whole life. I am just so happy with it. But some problems occurred this weekend. Some odd belt sound came out from the hood when the car is cold and the car is not as strong as last week. Well, after reading your post i made my decision that im gonna take great care of the car and take it to an inspection right away.

bavarian motors ftw!

Comment

I'm glad I was able to inspire you enough to want you to restore your pride and joy e30.

take picture, document all of your steps.
                make sure the car runs and operates well before worrying about cosmetic stuff.

Originally posted by turbospeeder View Post
                good work sir. I got one last week.

here's my story. i love bimmers, especially alpine white bimmers. i have a E90 325i facelift Alpineweiß III at home and I love it to death. E30 is just so sexy and pretty affordable, so I decided to have one in the states. I found a lot of E30 in my area and I was very excited when I saw the cars though my buddy who owns a E30 m50b28 kept telling me that those E30s are not legit enough. I waited for more than a month. (Tho I kept checking CL for like a year, but i couldn't buy a car during that time plus I didn't find any good ones.) Then, a mint condition Alpineweiß II E30 325i appeared. The seller didn't quite like replying my emails at the beginning, but later I found him and the car legit. I went there and saw the car, as soon as I saw it, I made up my mind that im gonna buy it. It's a 1989 325i Alpineweiß II 5 speed manual has about 170k miles on it but in great condition, and everything works even power mirrors. Pulls strong when I got it. New seats, new stereo wirings blahblahblah. I checked the carfax and it's only 3 owners and the car stayed in wa for its whole life. I am just so happy with it. But some problems occurred this weekend. Some odd belt sound came out from the hood when the car is cold and the car is not as strong as last week. Well, after reading your post i made my decision that im gonna take great care of the car and take it to an inspection right away.

bavarian motors ftw!

-
                Project
                Parts for Sale
                Feedback
                YouTube Channel

Comment

nice attention to detail! the pic with all the compact spots is a staple in my background line up! natalie is very hot

Comment

Originally posted by tak7 View Post
                    nice attention to detail! the pic with all the compact spots is a staple in my background line up! natalie is very hot

Thanks

I think you are referring to this picture.

I took a 35mm black and white film photography class, to learn concepts of framing and lighting, to learn how to take better pictures of cars.
                    I had a photoshoot with about 2 rolls of film a tripod on a super overcast day.

I had scoped out this perticular industrial building's parking lot about a week before the photoshoot and I went to it. I spoke with the security guard and explained I wanted to take some picture of my car in there parking lot, and he said it was private property and he couldn't allow me to come in.
                    He said, but come on sat and i'll give you an hour take to take pictures.
                    So I did.
                    I took the picture on the 35mm film camera and some shots with my regular digital camera.
                    the building is in the city of costa mesa and its private property.

I got A on the project too by the way.:giggle:

and thanks I think Natalie is pretty hott too

the picture was before euro bumper trim
                    euro plate filler
                    alpineweib mirrors
                    and the is lip
                    Last edited by iwantspeed; 11-08-2010, 01:10 AM.

-
                    Project
                    Parts for Sale
                    Feedback
                    YouTube Channel

Comment

^ Yup, That's the one. My only good camera is a film camera which I take Black and Whites as well. Nice location, I'm guessing the weekend was perfect as it was empty. Thank you guard!!

Comment

Originally posted by tak7 View Post
                        ^ Yup, That's the one. My only good camera is a film camera which I take Black and Whites as well. Nice location, I'm guessing the weekend was perfect as it was empty. Thank you guard!!

Cool deal
                        thanks guard

-
                        Project
                        Parts for Sale
                        Feedback
                        YouTube Channel

Comment

little detail i forget to mention.
                          i found someone who wanted to trade my black mirrors for there alpineweib ones. Sweet!

-
                          Project
                          Parts for Sale
                          Feedback
                          YouTube Channel

Comment

Now that's a good looking car.
                            M Coupe

Comment

Rattle can (Krylon satin black) + your rocker panels = work that needs to be done asap.
                              -tim
                              Originally posted by Jordan
                              I like the stance
                              -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Devier View Post
                                Now that's a good looking car.
                                thanks

Originally posted by Philo View Post
                                Rattle can (Krylon satin black) + your rocker panels = work that needs to be done asap.
                                im looking for is side skirts
                                then having them painted, the is lip painted and the lower part of the rear valance painted white
                                until then i think i'll just leave it.

-
                                Project
                                Parts for Sale
                                Feedback
                                YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
                                X