'90 325is DD/Autocrosser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'90 325is DD/Autocrosser

A few months back I bought a 90 325is locally with a busted 5 speed trans. I was parting an '86 325es with a nice trans so i bought up a relatively rust free E30 and began working.

Paint

The idea was to swap in a trans, fix some rust and paint then flip the car for a nice profit. In the mean time a friend let me autocross his 89 325is with the same suspension as my 318is that i have been autocrossing for a few years now. Well, I won my class back to back in his car, over 15 other drivers. So needless to say, this new car is going to become my autocrosser.

Well, as i began work the car was ticking, nothing bad. Went to adjust the valves and found a stripped head bolt, so it began.

Bought a block from a good friend [same guy letting me abuse his car] for $50, 114k on the block. Took the head in for a complete rebuild. Picked up some no name long tube headers fo' free! Freeflow cat, Magnaflow muffler. Stripping the suspension off of my current DD/autocrosser once this car is ready. The GF is going to drive my poor old car once alls said and done.

Mods
    Engine
    -M20B25 Stock internals
    -Mark D 93 Octane
    -20lb Injectors
    -Longtube headers
    -Magnaflow Muffler
    -Freeflow car
    -Crank Scraper

Suspension
    -H&R Race Springs
    -Bilstein Sports
    -21mm Front bar
    -19mm Rear bar
    -Sparco strut brace
    -Vorshlag camber plates
    -M3 clone front links
    -Offset CAB
    -maybe... Steering rack [3.0turn]

Brakes
    -Stainless lines
    -Hawk HP+ pads

Wheels
    -16X7 OZ Fittipaldi
    -10mm front sparcers/15mm rear spacers
    -215/45-16 Kumho XS tires

Other
    -R134a compliant compressor, better blow ICE cold

BAD BLURRY CELL PHONE PICTURES

Had to get rid of some other cars

The other cars, my current in the foreground, old 735 in the garage

Bye bye 7

RUST

The car has typical rust in the front wheel wells, which is already fixed. Some very very minor rust in the rear near the battery and muffler. Very clean for the midwest.
    Last edited by Hick; 07-15-2010, 08:01 AM.

Originally posted by vlad
    Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?
Working...
X