M50 turbo Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M50 turbo Project

So I bought a 84 318i from a guy in la for 500.. the tranny wouldn't shift into 2nd and 4th and it had neon glows.. and he also gave me a riced out spoiler which i didn't take a picture off :/ but anyway heres my build

I took out everything already and im about to start prepping the engine bay

i found some rush under the carpet and Im stating to like what the car looks like with no carpet.

i sanded some of it down.. and im going to paint it today.

i painted the manifold black with the pep boys 1500-2000 degree exhaust manifold ceramic paint.. i hope it doesn't melt off..

Nice.
    Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

i like where this is going!
      sigpic

Comment

Good start
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

interior paint... done!

Comment

i mixed the rustoleum black gloss with some mineral spirits about 60% mineral spirits and 40% rustoleum.. it came out pretty good.

im using the other half for the trunk lid, hood, and engine bay.

but im going to sand between coats for that one.

Comment

soooo i took out my spark plugs to repaint my valve cover and i found a lot of water around my spark plug boots... so i got really concerned and wondered if my head was cracked... i took it off and observed the head.. no cracks.. thank god! but i did notice something about my head gasket..

its a SCE copper gasket and I had a question about the water jacket holes... they're so tiny compared to the water passageways is that normal??

heres a picture of it..

should i open up those passageways? or is that how its supposed to be?
              Last edited by jbxblitz; 11-10-2010, 03:09 PM.

Comment

to top off this major set back.. i dropped a camshaft nut down the timing chain hole.. so its in the oil pan somewhere. fuuuuuu

Comment

this was the before setup/ bottom mount

and after painting the engine bay and jmp auto redoing the manifold im at this now.

Last edited by jbxblitz; 03-15-2013, 12:53 PM.

Comment

so nearly 3 years later. i finally came up with the motives to finish this thing.

to update on the last 3 years this is basically what happened.

- frek no job, i should sell this thing.
                    - sold sensors, coil packs, engine stuff, tree house racing bushings, wheels
                    - got a job 3 months ago
                    - went to the junkyard yesterday and bought my sensors.
                    Last edited by jbxblitz; 03-15-2013, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Lets see some picture updates then!
                      View my build thread. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=287724

Comment

Working...
                      X