Resurrection of my coupe

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GDA
    replied
    Perfect stance. Wheel gap, rake, tire sidewall to rim size are a total homerun.

    I'll bet it looks even 10x better in a rolling shot.... again, very well done.

    Leave a comment:


  • bataangpinoy
    replied
    i like your wheel fitment, thats literally spot on. aggressive enough to look, but not so ridiculous that it hurts performance.

    Leave a comment:


  • N2MYE30
    replied
    Originally posted by e30rapidic
    looks and handles great!
    Yes sir, it does!

    I put some pix on the members rides section but I wanted to add to this thread. At least they are different angles. Now that the suspension has settled down, I think its right on...for me anyways.





    Next is to give some attention to the paint. I did try a small area on the truck with some wetsanding (1k, 1.5, and 2k) then polished. I was amazed on how well this worked. I get some pix of this soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30rapidic
    replied
    looks and handles great!

    Leave a comment:


  • Luis325
    replied
    Looks really nice!
    Love the wheels!!
    And that red vert ohhhhh sexy

    Leave a comment:


  • evandael
    replied
    Dang.. that looks great! OEM+ as I've ever seen.

    Leave a comment:


  • N2MYE30
    replied
    Updates! Well like most projects it took a bit more work (monnies) that originally planned but thats ok because it was well worth it in the end...i think anyway.

    I went to my buddies new place/garage (e30rapidic) to get some assistance. I wanted to get this done as soon as possible so many steps are left out here is a few.

    Here is the front end about out. In the end I wound up replacing the outer tie rods and the front sway links. I needed them anyway and I was there anyway...its just money. :)

    We didnt want to fak around with the m3 bushings install so I just dropped it off a a local machine shop. Removal of CAB and reinstall new CAB with control arms. One of the gland nuts holding on the Bilstein HDs wanted to be a PITA so we had the shop do that too. The best $45 spent that day!

    Rears in.

    Waiting to be run...HARD!

    A rare pic of his cabrio.

    Its coming together...

    During this time I just needed to get things done so no pix of all said installed but it looked so nice seeing all new hardware. I think there is nothing better topping off a nice buildup than a new Roundel


    Unsettled and painfully dirty. Its just dayum cold to do anything outside.

    The stance is exactly where I wanted it. The wheels are dead on and the few miles I put on it is nice and tight. I will get better pix when I can wash the car without the bucket freezing over!

    Cheers!

    Leave a comment:


  • N2MYE30
    replied
    Originally posted by evilnickwong
    Where did you get new center caps for the wheels? I have the same ones and one is broken. :) Nice looking build going along there.
    Well, when I bought the 2 better ones, he had three caps so I had to search for the 4th. The only thing that I could find close enough to work was a zender car. It was a touch to big to snap in but the outter diameter was good. Not really a problem with a bit of sanding of the tabs. I got the extra cap from ZMbluedevil. Thanks!

    Originally posted by E30 F34R
    Nice start off! And I love the tread, my favorite tire hands down. The look of the tread is second to none IMO.
    Thanks. I really wanted to be real detailed on this thread but its getting tougher to do that with time as a premium. The good news is that all of the above parts are going in tomorrow.

    Leave a comment:


  • F34R
    replied
    Nice start off! And I love the tread, my favorite tire hands down. The look of the tread is second to none IMO.

    Leave a comment:


  • evilnickwong
    replied
    Where did you get new center caps for the wheels? I have the same ones and one is broken. :) Nice looking build going along there.

    Leave a comment:


  • White325is
    replied
    I hear ya, Im on the same coast as you. :)

    When I bought my 318 in my sig last year this month it was just suppose to be my DD.
    I was like well I will do the brakes and call it a day. Well I started ordering brakes and got a box of this stuff 3 days later.



    The box that came a week later for the rear wasnt any better.
    Now look at the damn thing in my sig. haha. I know exactly how it all goes down.

    Leave a comment:


  • woodisgood
    replied
    Hey, I have seen this car and I remember that CL ad, this is gonna be nice.

    Leave a comment:


  • N2MYE30
    replied
    Originally posted by White325is
    You should do both wheel bearings. :)
    Then you can pull your backing plates off your strut housings to clean and paint everything while you have it apart. Maybe do the LCAB;s and the inner and outer tie rods. kinda one of them "while your in there" things. Add a little piece of mind.
    :)
    Im right there with ya "while your there" things. Thats how this list got a bit out of hand. I needed a bearing, so while it out, might as well do the breaks. Then while inspecting, all bushings where shot on arms so that had to be changed, so might as well put new shocks/springs...etc. Im gonna stick with this list and wait for the smoke to settle from my checkbook.

    Ill get to the rack later as its kinda seperate and rods still look good as they are not the original ones.

    I have thought about spraying the struts and calipers too. I really just want to get out of my thirsty SUV and drive this e30. Not to mention its a$$ cold right now.

    Leave a comment:


  • White325is
    replied
    You should do both wheel bearings. :)
    Then you can pull your backing plates off your strut housings to clean and paint everything while you have it apart. Maybe do the LCAB;s and the inner and outer tie rods. kinda one of them "while your in there" things. Add a little piece of mind.
    :)

    Leave a comment:


  • N2MYE30
    replied
    Well I finally gathered up all the parts that I wanted/needed for me to be happy with its new look and feel.



    The list:
    Control arms
    M3 CABs
    Rear sway tie links
    drivers front bearing
    front Brembo Blanks
    Front pads
    15mm drophats
    H&R Sport springs
    Bilstein sports
    Fuel filter
    225/45/15 BFG KDWs
    T-star reps 16x7.5 with new roundels
    Shorty aluminum valve stems

    and of course one new roundel for the hood to finish off this stage.

    I have a really good feeling that this e30 is going to feel great and look killer!

    Leave a comment:

Working...