Photos down, sorry feels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photos down, sorry feels.

Well I figure making a new thread the best thing to do since I moved some photos around in my photo bucket and it messed up all of my photos in my other thread. Im not going through all them pages to fix them either.

I bought this e30 from a great forum member and friend "mkoneod" last Dec. It is a 91 318is. When I bought the car from Dan it didnt have a engine or trans, Interior was in ok shape. But the reason I bought the car was the fact that it had zero rust on it.
    The car was suppose to pull DD duty while I worked on another e30 that I had at the time. Get an M20 swap, springs and some brake upgrades. But as we all know, it never ends up that way.

This is stock form when I got the car home from Dans shop in West Chester, Pa.

The engine bay was nasty as you can see above. One thing I like about my cars is to have a very clean engine bay, Im sure you guys have seen that from my past builds.
    So the car got some fresh paint.

Last edited by White325is; 12-26-2010, 12:11 AM.

So since the engine bay was done it was time to jump into building an M20.
    I got the M20 from another forum member for doing a 24V swap into his e30.
    Big thanks to MrEricT for helping with the swap in Jasons e30.
    I believe the motor had around 140k and lived all of its life in front of an auto trans.
    So there was no need to do anything to the bottom end of the motor for this build.

So what was done to the motor before it went into the car was this.

Stock untouched bottom end, painted battle ship grey.
    Rebuilt head with new seals, valve grind and had it surfaced.
    PPF z45 turbo cam.
    Powder coated intake, valve cover, front timing covers and other goodies.
    new 19lb injectors.
    aeromotive adjustable FPR and gauge.
    Racing Dynamic M20 headers.
    Rebuilt alt.
    Starter.
    All new hoses, belts and gaskets.
    Bav Auto plug wires and NGK plugs.
    Im sure I left s few things out.

I put maybe 2-3 hours of run time on the engine after it was together before a demon inside decided to explode.
    I didnt even get to drive the car with the new motor as I was still waiting on the new CSB and guibo to come.
    The car was sitting in the shop just running all alone as I worked on something else in the other bay. It was running fine for about 30-45 minutes. Then all of the sudden I heard a loud sound came from the car like it had a bunch of marbles in it and then it shut off.
    I tried to start the car again but it was a no go.
    Started pulling all of the plugs and it wasnt looking good. 30 minutes later I had the motor all ripped apart and I was amazed at what I found.

I was really upset when I found this problem. I dumped almost 3k into building this M20 for it to take a shit 3 hours later after it was sitting at idle all by itself. So the only option was to part out what I had left and start over.

So Im back to this again.

Last edited by White325is; 12-26-2010, 12:15 AM.

Comment

I got everything sold from the M20 and I got ahold of a fella on Bimmerforums. He had exactly what I was looking for.
      A low Mile S50 that was still in the car. So with the Help of Eric, The wife, Kid who works for my father in law and my brothers truck. We was all on our way to NJ to pull an S50 out of an e36.
      Got the engine back to the shop and on the stand ready for some love.

It got the basic black paint job.

It also got all the basic seals and maint parts before going into the e30.

I was happy with the way the car was running and figured it was time to buy some wheels as the weather was getting nicer.
      So I picked up 3 16x9 borbet Ts from another forum member on R3V and bought the last new one that tune shop had in stock.

Then installed them.

I wasnt happy with the wheel gap so I had to get myself some ground control coils and slam it down.

Made myself some euro smoke headlights and pulled my front fenders.

There was a dyno day in Carlisle, PA. So the wife and I took a trip down and this is a short video.
      Put down 260 RWHP and 244 RWTQ

Last edited by White325is; 12-26-2010, 12:22 AM.

Comment

I got tired of seeing the same color e30s and there was already 2 red ones riding around down.
        One of which was another forum members, "carbeater". Name is fitting as he used to rip around town in his car.
        Cops thought it was me and stopped by the shop a few times to let me know that I needed to stop it or I was going to get a big fine.
        I kept telling them it wasnt me, They didnt want to hear is so this is where I decided to change the color of my car.

Started with spraying the trunk to see exactly if I liked the color and how well it was going to work on the e30.
        Its called Sepang Bronze and its from the newer M5s

Since I was very happy with the color. Eric and I pulled the engine out of the car. Shaved anything and everything that I didnt need and put some paint on. This was a non stock process of like 8 hours a day for a week straight.

When the motor was out I figure it would be a great time to wrap my headers.

Motor is back in.

Last edited by White325is; 12-26-2010, 12:30 AM.

Comment

I meet this kid Andrew through some of the local Euro meets that went on in my town because of the two colleges.
          Andrew is part owner of bagyard/openroadtuning. After talking with Andrew about some air ride stuff, we decided it was the right thing to do to get my e30 closer to the ground.
          So I placed a order though Andrew, and all my parts showed up a week before the blowneuros show. Eric and I wanted to see if we could install it all before the show and that we did.

The first setup was this.
          3 gallon tank.
          1 380c comp.
          4 3/8 valves.
          1 dual needle gauge for the bags.
          water trap.
          tank pressure switch.
          custom 2 switch box.
          Aero sport bag over strut front bags.
          Slam re-5s in the rear.

two photos from the blown euros show.

And my first trunk setup just because it was simple and quick.

Last edited by White325is; 12-26-2010, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Now since I was happy with everything about the car, I figure now was a better time than ever to get started on the body work on the outside of the car. Im just going to post a bunch of photos here. You can figure it all out.

I didnt have enough time to paint the car myself since I needed to get it done for H20. I was working a crazy amount of hours and I was bringing in a good amount of money I figure I could pay a shop to finish what needed to be done. So I searched for a shop and after talking to a bunch of people the shop I choose seem to be a legit shop and the people to do the job. Stripped the car down and off she went to paint.

Well after a big problem with the shop and them not finishing it in time I decided it was the best to just pull the car and finish it myself when I got laid off this winter. Here are a few photos of the problems after they painted and fixed a few things on the car once, or twice, or three time before I took it out.

Last edited by White325is; 12-28-2010, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Most of you thought that I took it to a new shop. But I lied just to keep the BS from the forum about them.
              So I worked thing out with the shop and about a week later I had it back at there place and they started to do work.
              They stripped the whole car back down to the original red and went from there. Fixed anything and everything that was wrong and needed to be fixed.

I got a call from the shop to come look at it before they finished up what they needed to do before I took it home.
              Snapped a few photos while it was outside in the lot.

Then I brought it home again.

When I got it home I cleaned up the interior a little, wipped down the windows and tried to get all of the dust out of the nooks and crannys.
              Installed my valance, bumpers, trims, and some seals.

Now the car sits in a cold and dark storage unit till next year.
              I have been buying a bunch of parts here and there. Like all new moldings and clips, seals and gaskets, lights, and interior bits.
              Finally got enough money saved up and bought a set of Iforged senekas.
              They will be here in 4 to 6 weeks.

Just bought two tires for my front wheels tonight. Gonna order the other two in a few weeks for my rear.

I know I have missed a bunch of shit durring this whole building of the new thread and some things may not be in order. But you get the idea of whats going on and whats been happening since I bought the car 1 year ago this month. I hope to add a bunch more updates with the new parts coming in and what not.
              Still have plenty of stuff to do and a bunch more to buy.
              Last edited by White325is; 12-26-2010, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Car looks great
                instagram

Comment

Whoa !

you're really going full tilt on this one.
                  Can't wait to see it all together..
                  -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

I cant wait to see it all together also. Im freakin stoked to get the windows back in it. Thats when things will start looking more complete. I need to get a long enough time off of work that I can sand down the inside of the car and spray it body color. Was going to do it over Christmas break, but the wife wasnt having it. We all know how that goes.

Comment

I've always been impressed by your work. The car's gonna look great. Is 260 whp a typo? Is your s50 built?
                      S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                      What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                      Originally posted by slammin.e28
                      I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

Nope, not a typo.

I have the copy of the dyno sheet, I just need to find it. From my searching, the dyno I was on is only ever off by a few hp.
                        My motor was a very low mile motor. Im running the stock s50 DME, I never did open it to see if it had a chip in it or not. When I got the motor it had pulleys and some other goodies on it that the seller took off before I got the motor. Since I got it I only did long tube headers, full 2.5 exhaust and a intake, bimmerworld intake boot and thats it.

Comment

Stopped by to put some gas and a treatment in the tank because she would be sitting for a while. Figure id snap a cell pic.

I miss her.
                          :(

Comment

So nice, can't wait to see it completed. So the respray was proper? Did you decide on interior yet?

Comment

The respray is very very nice. Part of the deal with that shop getting to fix what was fucked up was if they fired the guy who worked on the car.
                              Guy was fired, another guy fixed it, all is very well.
                              For interior Im prolly gonna go with cardnial. Waiting on some samples to come in before I decide.

Comment

Working...
                              X