FKNFASTM5's E30 Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FKNFASTM5's E30 Build.

Hey guys, been on the forums for ever even though haven't had an E30 in a few years. Finally got back into one recently that seamed like a great deal at the time, but as usual, didn't turn out that way.

Its a 4 door slicktop with roughly 100k on it. Leaks PS fluid like its its job, has a small crack in the dash, and is sloppy as all hell on the road as of now. Overall though, the car is pretty solid, fired right up, and gets me around (illegally) when im in the mood to defy the law.

In any event, this is a place, more for myself than anything to keep all pictures, write-ups, and debauchery in one place. If you ever have any questions, concerns, hate mail, keep that shit to yourselves (i keed)

Owning this car and not having it on the road yet has allowed to me to accumulate some parts. So far:

-A friend works at a local dealership and got me an IS lip for just over $100.00 with clips.
    -Pops has a spare race motor from his Zcoupe, its a freshly built M50 with ferrara valves, and some other goodies.
    -Ive also been working with Openroad Tuning to get this thing laying frame ( i know, all the purist will be pissed... o well. Not your car)

I've been accumulating all the swap parts slowly but surely with nothing left other than an M20 starter/flywheel combo as well as a E36 325 driveshaft.

Id like to thank the old man, John(forcefed), Danndy@BMW and all my VW friends that are/will be helping with this ongoing project.

I still have my GTI, although it is stock and most likely getting traded in for an E46 M3. But well see... But heres some pics for clicks of the GTI when it was nice..

The beginning.

SO, the plans include but are not limited to:
    1.Getting this motor in sooner than later
    a. Possibly adding some boost before install if $$ allows.
    2. Strap in the air ride
    a. System is already plumbed. May give hardlines a try, well see.
    3. Get my konig seats out of the old BT 944 re-wrapped
    4.Entire suspension rebuild (thanks Blunt)
    5. A million other things

Oh, and if any locals ever want to lend a hand with anything, my fridge is habitually stocked with as much beer as possible, free bottle specials as well as dominoes and hurricane wings on speed dial.

Lastly, thank you guys for all the info you've put on here and the wealth of knowledge and helpfulness of most of the members here.

-Mike

If you lived in the PNW I'd be over tomorrow.

Beer, Chicken wings and Air Ride?

Deal.
    Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Air ride is ghey. Who puts that shit on e30s?
      :)

Comment

Hey you,
        Thanks again for putting me in touch with andrew. ALOT has changed in terms of customer service as you said. Talked to him for a while and everything is ordered as of 2 weeks ago. Now time for those crazy germans to get their asses in gear and make my shit.

BTW, i need some input on rear bracket ideas. If you get a chance, still wanting to see your rear setup. And your car is looking ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
          If you lived in the PNW I'd be over tomorrow.

Beer, Chicken wings and Air Ride?

Deal.

I'm with this guy^

Ff yea
          Sick project, I also have a CW MKV coils/Merc wheels blah blah blah

Air ride will be tits

Bahama Beige E23 Project
          Bluebird Bus Conversion
          New Oregon Trail

Comment

One thing to say. "Bags are for fags". Come on man.

But that is just my opinion.
            sigpic

1989 Alpine 325is 2dr m50 swapped
            Build Thread:
            Current ongoing build. Check it out!
            1991 318is 4dr rallycross
            Rallycross Build Thread.
            1991 Alpine 318is coupe - sold

Comment

Originally posted by FKNFASTM5 View Post
              Hey you,
              Thanks again for putting me in touch with andrew. ALOT has changed in terms of customer service as you said. Talked to him for a while and everything is ordered as of 2 weeks ago. Now time for those crazy germans to get their asses in gear and make my shit.

BTW, i need some input on rear bracket ideas. If you get a chance, still wanting to see your rear setup. And your car is looking ridiculous!
              My was orderd the same day as yours. :)
              I have the car out of storage finally for good. I will put it on the lift and snap some pics. I don't have any brackets. But I got some from andrew to make a full bolt in setup. Just gotta get time to piss with them.

Comment

Originally posted by shEck3lls0 View Post

Queer.
                Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by shEck3lls0 View Post

WTF is wrong with you? bags are fucking awesome when done right(example: Mike's car).

Sub'd for the awesomeness to come :D

Sexy GTI btw
                  ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                  ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                  ~ '87 535
                  ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                  ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

To each their own. Should be a nice car when done. Any more specs on the m50?
                    Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I have lots of turbo goodies and new top mount manifold within a few miles from you.
                      Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

Otis, i have been meaning to talk to you. I was at Johns shop when you scooped up some springs but had to run before you got there. Any chance you could make it out one tuesday to Ft. Lauderdale, or let me know a time and place, cause i want to discuss some options, and get some insight. If i remember correctly you were super busy with work last time we talked, maybe things have slowed down a bit.

Thanks,
                        Mike

Comment

...and as far as specs on the M50, no lol. Have to get it out of the storage unit. It was a spare race motor that came with the car my father bought a few years back. The car was previously driven by Andy Lally, so i am going to go ahead and assume that his crew or builder would not be to shabby. We shall see though.

Comment

Originally posted by FKNFASTM5 View Post
                            Otis, i have been meaning to talk to you. I was at Johns shop when you scooped up some springs but had to run before you got there. Any chance you could make it out one tuesday to Ft. Lauderdale, or let me know a time and place, cause i want to discuss some options, and get some insight. If i remember correctly you were super busy with work last time we talked, maybe things have slowed down a bit.

Thanks,
                            Mike
                            Were do you guys meet up now? I'll pm you my #
                            Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

sub'd

Comment

Working...
                              X