Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone American muscle fans?

Project: 69' Camaro

Early warning: this will be a slow paced project.

So my father purchased the car from a friend of ours 6 years ago. It made a great flower pot and lawn ornament for just that long. My mom said it was enough, to either build it or get rid of it. So I took the decision into my own hands and started ordering parts. The next week we got a big present delivered.

LS3. were looking at 480whp and a little less torque.

Here is how the car sat for 6 years...same place, never moved.

The tires are so cracked, yet still have 35lbs in each. Crazy.

Then we moved it into the garage and got to work

Day 2

And since everyone has a funny pic on thier build.

Being a BMW family and both of our favorite color is blue, the car will be either avus blue from the 95' e36 m3 or jerez black from the e90/92 m3.

you had a 69 camaro sitting for six years? whats wrong with you lol looks like a pretty sweet project!
    Originally posted by blunttech
    r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

6 years it sat, yet you did all that work in such a short time!!

Can't wait to see where this goes!
      Originally posted by LJ851
      kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
      ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
      #teamross
      Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

this looks like its gonna be good
        sigpic

http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=201774

Comment

It was always spending time on the e36 and just spendingmoney on that. We knew when we started this project the funding had to be right and there could be no oher distractions. It should be an advebture though. Learning how to weld and doing a frame up resto will definatly be a lot of fun. By the wayill take a picture of the door handles later. They came out awsome

Comment

Awesome, I love 1st gen Camaros. And just about every other car from the 60's

Bahama Beige E23 Project
            Bluebird Bus Conversion
            New Oregon Trail

Comment

Dude what engine came in that car? Because the reason i ask is it has tow bars on the front that connect to the frame(look at the front end pic with body/fenders/bumper still on) and they use to use that to tow cars to the track back in the day without a trailer. Have you decoded the vin yet, i have a chevy engine code book if you need help or google haha. Muscle is my first love and its in my blood forever. The 69 is a 2nd gen camaro and one year only body style. 67/68 are the same body. 70-up is a 3rd gen body.
              Last edited by QUKBMER; 04-04-2011, 12:07 PM.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

My buddy who sold us yhe car put them on the transport the car. It was a regular v6. In the light green. The color it was repainted was a darker green by ford.

Comment

Had me going there,i thought maybe you had something rare.:up: You know like a Baldwin Motion, COPO, YENKO, NICKEY Rare muscle worth money.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

no no no. lol. My friend is a huge camaro buff so he wouldve known.

Comment

That is going to be a great build.

WTB
                      -convertible carpet, no rips, in socal.
                      -s52, s50, m52, m54
                      -harness, accessories, transmission

Comment

Instead of working on the camaro tonight, I had to work on another V8.

Alls im sayin is putting a front plate on a Z8 should be a sin. Damn you NJ!!!

Comment

Nice !

I completely approve of this project - and a little jealous..
                          -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Yes! I love muscle cars, lots of great, great cars from the late 60s and this is one my favorites. Although I like the RS/SS package that hides the headlights on the 67-68.

If I had hundreds of thousands laying around, I'd buy a '69 YENKO and sleep on the floor next to it.
                            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

+1 Thats the very first thing i would buy if i won the lotto or a COPO.

Comment

Working...
                              X