Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malik's 87 325is build (DAILY DRIFT E30)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i put a youtube video on here???

Also i went to the yard again yesterday and a 325 vert had just arrived. I asked the guy how much for the m20 and he said $500. I laughed, said its only an m20 and he was like yea 500. How do i tell them thats a joke. cause if i could build the turbo off that it would cut down my down time by a lot! this is my one and only DD
    Last edited by ROLLingKING; 10-10-2011, 10:37 AM.
    m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
    build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

So im roaming around last night looking for some more driving spots i decided to give this one road another try. Last time i was there was during the day and it has really really bad bumpy patches in the one lane. I stopped going during the day and made it a night spot cause u really have to cross the double yellows at some spots to take the turn. Otherwise u hit crazy bumps and tires loose traction. scary. So i felt like driving last night, went there and they repaved the twisty section!!!! made me smile and push the car even harder. good times. well anyway, i made a u turn at one development and what do i see in front of me!??

another bronzit e30 in a driveway. except this one doesnt have plates or anything on it. Im going to go check it out now. maybe the owner is cool and has parts for cheap!

I always run into ppl or end up meeting friends in the most random ways.lol here goes nothing

Comment

Would you like to buy the motor from my 87is?
        E30 buildy things
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Originally posted by MattAvino View Post
          Would you like to buy the motor from my 87is?
          how many miles again? it does look pretty clean from the outside and i am looking for one. how much are u asking?

I just checked your thread again and for the 1st time realized we got the same sways. sweeeet.haha
          only thing is they dont work with a cross brace. but thats okay. cause that model brace aso doesnt work with treehouse racing lollipops. I just traded it for money and a rear strut bar just now! im very happy. and i just got a front strut brace FO FREE!

but u got a new "canvas" to work with i see. hows that one coming along?
          maryland/virginia are has soo many e30's for sale and the best part is they have next to no rust. i made myself wait till i came down here till i got a new car
          Last edited by ROLLingKING; 10-03-2011, 12:05 AM.

Comment

getting a job again has been awesome. i will be able to slowly add things to the car soon. got a few goodies coming in. and believe it or not theyre appearance mods. well kinda. to me their more like convenience
            Last edited by ROLLingKING; 10-08-2011, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Rear Wheel Spacers

So I got my lug bolts in the mail friday when i got home. It worked out nice cause my spacers had already arrived. Me and a friend jacked up the car and got to installing the 80mm rear lug studs asap. Used the double nut technique to tighten em in the hub good-n-tight. Its a straight forward install that only took 30min. I ordered the wheel spacers from a forum member AND the lug stud adapters from another forum member. Thanks kaliboy and ejnight!

20mm 4x100 hub-centric quality pieces. I cant wait to order 10mm's for the front. ejnight just has to make em. and those are also hub-centric
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0182.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	7135902

Blue loctited and tightened down. spacer looks like it will push things out nicely

Name:	IMAG0184.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	7135903

before

Name:	imagejpeg_2_4.jpg
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	7135904
              After

Name:	imagejpeg_2_3.jpg
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	7135905

Name:	IMAG0186.jpg
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	7135906
              I was thinking about getting black lug studs but im happy with the chrome pieces. looks nice rollin my friend said. I need the nice hardware up front now!

Comment

Rear Wheel Spacers contd.....

And the rest of the pics

Name:	IMAG0187.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	7135907

Name:	photo.jpg
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	7135908

Name:	IMAG0189.jpg
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	7135909

Name:	IMAG0188.jpg
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	7135910

overall im happy with the products..good quality and good prices. $70 for both spacers and $54 for lug studs. I got 80mm studs in the back and 57mm's for the front. Ill repost stance pics once I have coil overs, front spacers and rolled fenders. right now tho it makes my TRM 15x7's on hr sports sit more proper!
                Last edited by ROLLingKING; 10-08-2011, 08:48 AM.

Comment

I like the flush fit of the wheels but the inner gap from how narrow the wheels are makes it look funny. I vote for wider wheels to be honest, 16x8 of sorts.

Over all you are doing a swell job =)
                  ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                  ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                  ~ '87 535
                  ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                  ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                    I like the flush fit of the wheels but the inner gap from how narrow the wheels are makes it look funny. I vote for wider wheels to be honest, 16x8 of sorts.

I know right. I need it more wide. I have bulky tires but not wide rims. so i think your right, I need some 16x8 or 9's if those are out there. I havnt even looked yet tho. I would definitely prefer 16x8 for better performance, stance, and less fender gap but these came with the car so im going to rock em till they break. plus theyre only 13lbs. i wish they came with the 15x8 TRM's so i could at least have something more valuable to sell. no one really wants 15x7's lol

Thanks for stoppin by the build thread and commenting. I may have some pics soon. my friend is trying to do a little photo shoot of our cars.haha

Comment

hey rolling king if you need more welding, give me a pm. I weld for a living and would do that job for free because i love e30's and I'm going with those e21 tranny mounts you recommended. Plus I'm a nice guy
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post

Agreed.

I just did my motor mounts & doing my tranny mounts tomorrow, I hope not to run into so many problems! lol
                        Originally posted by e30lov
                        sweet a mk4 jetta, haven't seen one of them for about 14 seconds
                        Adventures of an E30

Comment

Originally posted by mRodiek View Post
                          Agreed.

I just did my motor mounts & doing my tranny mounts tomorrow, I hope not to run into so many problems! lol
                          soooo many problems.haha but as you saw in my pics, my motor was practically falling off.

The most annoying part of the tranny mounts for me was just finding out I had to grind metal away from the transmission slots. It turned out to be worth it tho. Shifts are super solid and I like the vibrations.

Originally posted by bmwstudent View Post
                          hey rolling king if you need more welding, give me a pm. I weld for a living and would do that job for free because i love e30's and I'm going with those e21 tranny mounts you recommended. Plus I'm a nice guy
                          Niice. Theyre so much cheaper. Definitely do poly motor mounts tho. I was worried about getting poly tranny mounts and after installing the e21's with caps i dont think I would have liked anything vibrating any more. Cause with the radio off it makes noise. When I called Andy at AKG, he said if i got poly tranny mounts dont plan on hearing the radio anymore.haha

but bmwstudent- take your time making the mounts fit the tranny. The angles are kinda tough but the bit will work. Just be patient, and test fit so you dont take out too much metal. And you want to make sure it can slide to the back of the tranny notches nicely. Oh and you have to buy the nuts. I just went to Lowes. But remember, for the bottom of the bracket you dont want the nuts I have on the top of the tranny mounts. They wont fit in between the bracket. just keep that in mind. What kinda motor mounts did you go with?

Comment

Free (somewhat questionable) Strut Brace

So I got rid of the cross brace I had. Im still waiting to get paid to ship this damn thing off. I didnt like how much flex I could feel in the front tho without it. I liked the cross brace for backroads, but it made staying sideways and switchbacks really wild and twitchy. So i drove to a guys house I met through the Colege Park, starbucks meets and he had a free strut brace. It was home made by someone, and looked sketchy. We installed it around 7pm anyway.

When going to put it on we noticed there were 4 studs on the passenger side. So we got out Kershaws angle grinder, my first time using one of these GREAT tools and cut it all down.
                            Here you can see whats left of some silly ground someone welded to the top of the strut. I have no clue why it was there.

Name:	notch in the way.jpg
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	7135969

Name:	grinding off.jpg
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	7135970

and here is the bar this morning. Its kind of a sketchy front strut bar but I took this one turn on the way home. Its a long sweeping 80mph turn. I can usually punch it at the apex and be going 95-100 by the exit. Now most people say you can not feel a difference. But the car felt solid, solid enough up front I felt like wiggling the wheel midway through the turn and not only did the car not LEAN and WOBBLE as much, when i wiggled there wasnt as much of a delay from swaying of the front.

I also took a U turn at a spot I usually do for a little 2nd gear drift u turn and with the strut brace the front didnt flex and lean as much, which translated in the back end skidding out sooner. It took me by surprise so i quickly counter steered and smiled. I hear ppl say these things are placebo but I noticed immediate changes by taking the same turns and feeling differences in how the car reacted. Is that Placebo?? I was more surprised that I didnt even have to clutch kick at the u turn to get the back to snap around the median. It just did it when i flicked the back and hit the gas hard enough!

Name:	strut bar for free.jpg
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	7135971

This is my first strut bracing on any car so Im happy with it. Cant wait till the rear bar gets in. And I will be buying the IE bar as soon as I can. This one doesnt look to great and i just saw it touches the top of the motor. Barely but it touches. It also has a flimsy base. The base on both sides is curved up where the bolts arent, which tells me this thing flexes considerably where it shouldnt. But hey! it was free and will be temporary. Thanks Kershaw for helping out! When I am done with it I will pass the bar onto someone else free of charge!
                            Last edited by ROLLingKING; 10-10-2011, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Yeah turns out my motor mounts & strut mounts look exactly the same as yours, damnt.

I picked up IE motor/trans mounts though, we'll see how they work
                              Originally posted by e30lov
                              sweet a mk4 jetta, haven't seen one of them for about 14 seconds
                              Adventures of an E30

Comment

Originally posted by mRodiek View Post
                                Yeah turns out my motor mounts & strut mounts look exactly the same as yours, damnt.

I picked up IE motor/trans mounts though, we'll see how they work
                                Yea i was told its common for motor mounts to fail that way. I wish I woulda noticed when I first got the car in april. When i would drop down my tranny and go to mount it back up id have to push soo hard to the passenger side with the mounting bracket for it to line up proper. Im happier knowing everything is in line now.
                                return the IE trans mounts and get E21 tranny mounts. Join the crew of believers!haha

OH and this is off topic but i watch this video probably 3-8 times a week and had to put it on here.haha ive just watched it twice in a row. talk about drift swag!lol

http://inertia-ms.com/ Filmed and Edited by Stewy Bryant .sound - Caribou: Found Out check out the Youtube channel for raw footage: http://www.youtube.com/user/inertiaMS This…
                                Last edited by ROLLingKING; 10-11-2011, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X