Nicks m50 swap and restoration project

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • kts
    replied
    Originally posted by dnick
    Im going to compression test it tonight actually, my friend just needs to give me back my tester lol. And im already emailing blunt about ordering a new gasket.
    Yeah depending on when it gets here, a little bit of help would be great!!

    Word, let me know. I think it will be very easy on an M50 in an E30, in the E36 a few of the nuts are tucked under the wiper cowl and a little hard to reach, from the photos of M50 swaps I have seen it looks like that's not a problem with the E30.

    I also ordered new rubber seals that go around the nut/bolts when I did my gasket. Might be overkill but a lot of mine looked pretty old and crappy.

    Part # is 11121437395

    I'll try to count tonight I can't remember if it's 15 or 16 of them and realoem doesn't give a count.

    Or you can probably just ignore and reuse them.

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    Originally posted by TimKninja
    Oil on the plug socket indicates a bad valave cover gasket. Nothing big. Is she running rich? That could foul out a plug fast.
    Gotcha, and yes shes running rich now.. still need to put the o2 sensor on lol

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    Originally posted by kts
    I think I'm free Thursday after work or maybe Friday if you want to use my compression tester and give things a go.

    As some others have said, probably just a valve cover gasket needs to be replaced. Very common and easy to fix. I've done 2 on my E36 now if you want help.
    Im going to compression test it tonight actually, my friend just needs to give me back my tester lol. And im already emailing blunt about ordering a new gasket.
    Yeah depending on when it gets here, a little bit of help would be great!!

    Leave a comment:


  • kts
    replied
    I think I'm free Thursday after work or maybe Friday if you want to use my compression tester and give things a go.

    As some others have said, probably just a valve cover gasket needs to be replaced. Very common and easy to fix. I've done 2 on my E36 now if you want help.

    Leave a comment:


  • TimKninja
    replied
    Oil on the plug socket indicates a bad valave cover gasket. Nothing big. Is she running rich? That could foul out a plug fast.

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    FUCK this is not what I needed right now.

    Leave a comment:


  • FunfGan
    replied
    Damn :(

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    yeah, ill go find my tester :(

    Leave a comment:


  • HR2L
    replied
    Compression Test time, and maybe Leak Test while your at it. Looks to be oil getting past the ring lands. :(

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    valve cover gasket maybe?

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    Update..
    So today i noticed a bad idle.. it was missing.
    pulled the plugs out and saw that they were fouled up pretty bad!

    THIS scared me...


    SOOO where to go from here? im too far into this project to back out and start over, so what should i do next?

    Leave a comment:


  • ill4noreason
    replied
    Finally ... those wheels are back on a bmw. lol nice to see you got to drive it.

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    hahahah shes not to pretty right now.. but ill work on that later!

    Leave a comment:


  • FunfGan
    replied
    jk, :pimp:

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied

    I got the brakes/clutch bled. I took her out for a spin around the block.. feels soo good to finally be driving it.. best feeling in the world right now. Ive still got some work to do (obviously).. but its coming along.. Ill have a vid of me driving it tomorrow!!!

    That pic was before i drove it.. so the springs have settled a little bit more

    Leave a comment:

Working...