Almost ready for my cars debut.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost ready for my cars debut.

So I've been doing a few finishing touches on my car and all I have left to do is replace my windshield, bleed my brakes, adjust my valves, give it a wash,
    get it inspected, and have it titled. I took it out for a short drive today. Can't begin to tell you how giddy I am to get this thing on the road again.

The car- (sorry no pictures yet)

The car is an alpine white 1987 325is M20B25 with a five speed.

I bought the car from a craigslist add back in febuary. The PO said it wasn't running, but I was willing to give it a shot. Called the PO
    and talked with him
    and he told me that he had rebuilt the motor and had replaced the clutch while he had the motor out. He had documentation and everything so I pulled the trigger.
    I have already done all of the basic maintenance that I could do (except for the items I mentioned above, and using this web sight certainly has helped)

The drive-train:
    In near perfect condition, I'm going to be doing a refresh on the rear diff and bushings on it, and replace the drive-shaft bearings and guibos (think that's how you spell it).

The body:
    is in alright condition (I had to replace the front right fender, but I found one at a pick and pull and I only paid 30 bucks), It needs some rust fixed at the rear (the license
    plate lights, and one spot by the left taillight). But, I'm diffidently going to repaint it. I am going to paint prep the car myself with one
    of my friends, but that's going to be a long ways off.

Suspension:
    I am going to be refreshing the entire suspension with new bushings, I already had to change out my rear shock mounts (I went with IE Urethane Shock
    mounts I thought i would give them a shot and will update on those.) I am most likely going to the front control arms and tie rods next, I am going to get a set of the treehouse control arm brackets.

I live in the Kansas City, MO area so if anybody want to come over and check my car out to see if I have everything in order please do.Even though this isn't my first BMW I'm still pretty much a noob.

But, If anybody has some suggestions on what to do please feel free to tell me below.

Congrats on the pick up. Now get those pics up!

Originally posted by Roysneon
    $5 shipped?
    Originally posted by MarkD
    You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

Originally posted by samiam3356 View Post
      Congrats on the pick up. Now get those pics up!
      Will do! Might take a few days, waiting for a memory chip for my camera to show up :hitler:.

Comment

Working...
      X