Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oem head gasket if you can find one. blues will be fine

Comment

this build is interesting. just the other night a buddy was trying to expain the eta motors and we were goin back and forth like wtf..i have an early model and his is late. there are subtle differences. it sucks ur hittin them head on from the start but u should make it.

im curious what these motors REALLY need to run long turbo lives so im subscribed!
      check out my thread also. good find btw. fast 4 doors are always nice to see!
      m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
      build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
        oem head gasket if you can find one. blues will be fine
        ok sweeeet, good enough anyways.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING View Post
        this build is interesting. just the other night a buddy was trying to expain the eta motors and we were goin back and forth like wtf..i have an early model and his is late. there are subtle differences. it sucks ur hittin them head on from the start but u should make it.

im curious what these motors REALLY need to run long turbo lives so im subscribed!
        check out my thread also. good find btw. fast 4 doors are always nice to see!
        Well im all for seeing how much stock motors can handle so we will see what it can do on a mild setup, just keep in mind it will be on standalone, which in my opinion is key to having a well running motor.

So a little update, the guy i bought the car from had an I head and parts at the shop so i swung by tonight and grabbed it all along with the headers that go with my exhaust ;)
        I dont see the 885 casting number on the head like most heads, this head and manifold are off an Xi tho, so can someone reassure me that it is the correct head and manifold i need?

So now i have
        -complete I head
        -I intake mani with fuel rail and injectors and harness and throttle body
        -the headers to finish off the exhaust

Im pretty sure thats most the stuff i need, it sounds like i need to get a couple coolant/water temp sensors from an I motor and a headgasket kit and some head bolts.

this is the only numbers i could see on the head, but it is a little bit dirty and it was kinda dark out so i might be missing some, can someone confirm for me please?

I finally figured out why my phone was stuck taking pictures in that gay yellow contrast, so all pics from now on will be normal thank god :pimp:

Anyone opposed to using a Victor Reinz headgasket set? i can get the whole set for 76 bucks....
        And where do i buy the metric blue head bolts/what size are they?

thanks for the help guys, cant wait to get this thing running asap! esspecially to hear that gorgeous header back dual 2.5"

Comment

yea i looked up the arp's last night and theyre expensive. and i hear ya on the standalone. the turbo e30 i drove in had megasquirt. i dont know anything else about it tho. standalone seems safest.

are u keeping stock internals? or the injectors and fuel pump?..ive got some 19lb injectors by my way i was thinking about using but I dont know how much fuel pressure u need compared to lbs of boost. my bad if u already covered that and i missed it.
          when do u think shes gonna be running....a week?lol

Comment

Get the metric blues from mcmaster carr

Part #: 91303A306

Comment

yea i looked up the arp's last night and theyre expensive. and i hear ya on the standalone. the turbo e30 i drove in had megasquirt. i dont know anything else about it tho. standalone seems safest.

are u keeping stock internals? or the injectors and fuel pump?..ive got some 19lb injectors by my way i was thinking about using but I dont know how much fuel pressure u need compared to lbs of boost. my bad if u already covered that and i missed it.
              when do u think shes gonna be running....a week?lol
              Well hopefully it will be up and driving with in a week, it will be a while till its FI, just don't have the time to do it right now and I want to get the vems installed before I turbo it.
              I have a walbro 255 pump for it and I probally won't go any bigger than 50lb injectors until I build a motor then it will most likely get id1000s. I have quite a few injectors lying around might swap something in to replace the tiny stock ones.

I'm having second thoughts about metric blues, I like that they aren't tty bolts but I don't plan on pulling the head back off and if I do I could just buy another set of torx stock head bolts for 25 bucks andthey just sound like a much better option.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Comment

If you need bigger injectors I have a set of RC racing 1000cc injectors for sale, or for trade for bigger ones :)

" WHY DO YOU NEED 300HP TO DO THE SPEED LIMIT?"

Comment

nice...and all your gonna need is vems

im new to FI and am trying to understand what ill need so my motor wont break...its the only one i have...vems is only stand alone fuel management?

im looking at getting the miller war maf and chip but I dont wanna get the war and not have enough tuning options once i go FI...im gonna check the war site for more info

theres a guy my way running a turbo m20 stock internals with megasquirt.

id like to go with megasquirt, since from what i understand it will handle everything, im just very intimidated by it.lol i should start reading up on tunes. whats a good site to educate ones self about vems/megasquirt tunes?

Comment

Originally posted by ogbimmer View Post
                    If you need bigger injectors I have a set of RC racing 1000cc injectors for sale, or for trade for bigger ones :)
                    I don't like rc injectors lol, when I'm ready ill just fork up for id's.

nice...and all your gonna need is vems

im new to FI and am trying to understand what ill need so my motor wont break...its the only one i have...vems is only stand alone fuel management?

im looking at getting the miller war maf and chip but I dont wanna get the war and not have enough tuning options once i go FI...im gonna check the war site for more info

theres a guy my way running a turbo m20 stock internals with megasquirt.

id like to go with megasquirt, since from what i understand it will handle everything, im just very intimidated by it.lol i should start reading up on tunes. whats a good site to educate ones self about vems/megasquirt tunes?
                    Vems is full standalone, it controls everything, and is a hell of a lot better than megasquirt(been there done that). And I already have vems.

There isn't awhole lot online about tuning, there is a bit but your not going to learn how to tune by just reading. Browes the megasquirt manual, there's a lot of good info there.

Comment

I'm actually surprised you went and got the head. Keep up the good work! I can tell this is going to be an awesome build.

Also, on your stroker, running regular unleaded will be a plus.

Comment

I'm actually surprised you went and got the head. Keep up the good work! I can tell this is going to be an awesome build.

Also, on your stroker, running regular unleaded will be a plus.
                        I can't wait to run regular unleaded for a while till its boosted =)
                        Disassembling the head tonight and dropping it off in the morning at the machine shop for pressure testing and machining if it needs it, he says ill have it back tommorow night so hopefully I can put this motor together this weekend! Got all the other parts also, hg kit, coolant sensor, head bolts, tbelt tensioner and some other small odds and ends.

Comment

got the head most the way stripped down, dont have a valve spring compressor(need to invest in one) so i will have the machine shop pull those before they pressure test and deck it, will drop off the valve seals with them tommorow morning when they arrive, hopefully can have the head back before the shop calls it a day and is gone for the weekend. ugh might fork up for a regrind and seat, not sure yet.

and some goodies, love having a chill ex boss who lets me order through his wholesalers, cheap parts within the hour!

Comment

oh and just ordered a goatze hg to replace the shitty vr one, hopefully it will hold up, by the sounds of hg problems with these m20s i might hold off on boost until i have a build oringed motor ready for boost.

Comment

O-ring isn't worth the investment on an M20 unless you are trying to make it in 400hp+ range. Cometic HG are known to hold well under serious power.

Comment

O-ring isn't worth the investment on an M20 unless you are trying to make it in 400hp+ range. Cometic HG are known to hold well under serious power.
                                long term goals are atleast 400whp, just havent decided if that will be an m20.

Ive heard of cometics not sealing well on m20s, oh well when i am ready for boost if i have to pull the head and change headgaskets no big deal, i just want to get this thing driving, ill probally end up installing arps and a cometic if thats the way to go when i have the whole turbo setup ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X