X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by Jean View Post
    Nice nice! If it's not too much to ask, can you take detailed shots of your removable front-end / and it's mounting points etc ? Considering it :)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...6&postcount=55

Leave a comment:

• Cabriolet
    replied
    very impressive work.

Leave a comment:

• Jean
    replied
    Nice nice! If it's not too much to ask, can you take detailed shots of your removable front-end / and it's mounting points etc ? Considering it :)

Leave a comment:

• JGood
    replied
    Got the engine back in this weekend.

I can't get over how little clearance there is...

Made some new fan and oil cooler mounts, much more durable and better fitting then before, then got that stuff installed and wired up.

The only thing left to do is reinstall the P/S reservoir and hoses, reconnect some wiring near the DME, then add fluids. I'll do a test fire of the engine, then reassemble all of the front end parts (lights, grilles, bumper, valance). Then it's time to build the exhaust system from scratch...

Leave a comment:

• JGood
    replied
    While the engine is out, I'm going over some little things that I knew needed attention. But, there are some things I didn't even know about that need attention, such as this...

The oil pan must have been resting on the steering rack. Not sure if this was from before or after I installed the urethane mounts. I'm going to put a small spacer on the mounts just to be safe.

This is $50 worth of cross-threaded AN fittings. I ordered new ones and will be very careful in the future. It kind of sucks that it happened, but if this is what is causing my oil leak and the new fittings fix it, I'll be very happy.

I also picked up an m62b44 throttle body, as it doesn't have the huge wedge on the throttle plate to block airflow.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X