No announcement yet.

Kamotors E30-Turbo to ITB M20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice man did you rebuild it or had someone else do it?
    Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Comment

did it myself, I'm the only one who works on my car;)

7speedshop.com

Comment

Haha good answer so far the only thing I haven't done myself is the machine work to my engine block and internals. I have sever trust issues with people touching my car.

sigpic

Comment

Do you happen to know the part numbers for the porsche discs?

Comment

extra valve cover vent added.

Remaking the splitter out of 1/4" HDPE before bimmerfest, my current one kind of died.

7speedshop.com

Comment

wow, such a incredible build,props on all DIY fine work,hope to get something similar to yours in some years :)
              By the way, I've not read the full post,only the 30 last pages lol,are you running stock internals? only bearing maintenance and so?

PS:which red is yours? brillantrot?
              keep on evolving that monster,cheers!
              “Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”
              ― Jeremy Clarkson
              Euro 318is M50 build thread

Comment

still 100% original bottom end. mine is zinnoberot

7speedshop.com

Comment

OK so 12 days until Bimmerfest and this happened. it was one of those times where I had the valve cover off so I decided to check torque specs, tighten things.
                  broke at under 80ft lbs

and then with my bad luck I was using an allen wrench to turn the upper half to fish out the broken piece and then it broke the allen into hole

whether it was user error or the headstuds couldn't be reused any more I dont know. oh well new parts never hurt anything but my wallet.
                  These studs had been used 4 times.
                  once when I first boosted
                  once when I did the myster-e head
                  once when I rebuilt blew the head gasket and then a re torque today.

So just waiting on parts now. Replacing head gasket, timing belt and all studs.

I will make bimmerfest.....

7speedshop.com

Comment

Damn dude talk about bad luck sorry to see that happen. But you'll get it fixed before bimmer fest.

sigpic

Comment

:hitler:

Get it done.

Comment

I have re-used my arp headstuds atleast a hand full of times. I have snapped one by itself as you did. I called arp and re-ordered a few extra studs,nuts,washers for around $30 shipped (Will do until I get cash for a fresh set). I was gonna re-torque my headstuds when I do valve lash today and now am going to inspect mine and be very careful while checking torque.
                        1993 E30 Vert/Turbo/MS/Borbet BS

Originally posted by anabolice30
                        Oh well, not like I could scoop any of the chicks in this thread. My e30 is still on bottlecaps..

Comment

SO thanks to Blunttech I should have ll the parts by this weekend, which gives me enough time to make sure there are no bugs left by the time I have to make the 500mile each way bimmerfest trip.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Damn! Snapped ARP; you'll have it ready for Bimmerfest.
                            Kam pm me which route you guys are taking since I decided I'm going

Comment

I'm probably taking US395 as its the least amount of miles, but i'm not sure yet

just waiting on parts now.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Well getting it back together now. Probably another 2hrs before I start it up.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
                                X