No announcement yet.

Kamotors E30-Turbo to ITB M20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removal of a balanced pulley vs no pulley (perfect balance). I see no issue.

motor "balance" is crank/weight mass vs piston/rod mass, etc - round rotating assemblies are not a factor.

is that what you're asking?

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
    Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

so I ordered up my myster E head , went with a 274/280 turbo cam. Should be awesome:)
      Started pulling everything apart and have lots of cleaning to do.

and new wastegate

7speedshop.com

Comment

What headgasket are you planning on running now?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

goetze gasket, no reason to run a MLS or the like because I dont plan on running anymore boost than I was. If my crunchy 23yr old gasket can hold up a new OEM style one will do just fine.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Tried messing with the virtual dyno and it said i have 790hp??? Smoothing 2. 3rd gear pull. If i put it all the way up to smoothing 6 it says i made 603hp. I dyno'd at 282whp this weekend

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
            <CarDataset xmlns="http://tempuri.org/CarDataset.xsd">
            <CarParameters>
            <CarMake>BMW</CarMake>
            <CarModel>325is</CarModel>
            <CarSubModel>M20 B25</CarSubModel>
            <StartYear>1987</StartYear>
            <EndYear>1991</EndYear>
            <Weight>2850</Weight>
            <TransTypeManual>true</TransTypeManual>
            <TransGear1>3.830</TransGear1>
            <TransGear2>2.200</TransGear2>
            <TransGear3>1.400</TransGear3>
            <TransGear4>1.000</TransGear4>
            <TransGear5>0.81</TransGear5>
            <FinalGearRatio>3.73</FinalGearRatio>
            <DragCoefficient>0.39</DragCoefficient>
            <FrontalArea>20.0900</FrontalArea>
            <TireDiameter>24.90</TireDiameter>
            </CarParameters>
            </CarDataset>
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

here are my settings

7speedshop.com

Comment

I think it may have been a bad run or something. Tried it again on a different log and i got a more reasonable numbers. Just weird cause when i open the megasquirt files it creates a loop on the graph when i let off the gas. From what i've read early models have a drag coefficient of .39. I'm waiting till i get through this batch of possibly contaminated fuel.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

SO I pulled the turbo today and their is almost zero carbon residue and i've been turbo ed for over a year, what ever carbon there appears to be a light grey color. Is the methanol causing the light grey color to the exhaust insides and keeping it so clean?? I cant rub it away.

7speedshop.com

Comment

The benefits of water injection are based on the principle that evaporated water in the intake system lowers intake and combustion temperatures thereby reducing pre-ignition, or detonation. Since detonation is normally combated in turbocharged engines by over-fueling, elimination of this nasty necessity not only increases horsepower but leaves piston tops and engine valves sparkling clean.

Source : http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/08...m/viewall.html

Methanol is essentially the simplest form of alcohol. Its referred to as "wood alcohol" and has been used since the days of the Egyptians in their embalming practices. Its also added to Ethanol to make it taste bad and not allow consumption by humans. Thus avoiding an alcohol tax on Ethanol.
                    Last edited by e30vert; 03-01-2013, 06:33 PM.

Comment

methanol is a solvent so yes it'll clean out your cylinders, valves and ports real nice.
                      It's the same as running water or that seafoam snake oil through your motor.

I bet when you crack the motor open your pistons will be nice and clean too :)

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                        methanol is a solvent so yes it'll clean out your cylinders, valves and ports real nice.
                        It's the same as running water or that seafoam snake oil through your motor.

I bet when you crack the motor open your pistons will be nice and clean too :)
                        Running water/meth mix is better than occasionally running stuff through it, because you're always doing it - every time you hit boost you're cleaning your engine.

Kinda like an Italian tuneup, but with scrubbing bubbles.

Comment

Why do your own research, when you can plagiarize the USAF?

why limit your inquiry to piston engines?
                          "This report summarizes the mechanisms by which particles may be removed when water is injected into turbine engine test cell exhaust streams. The report concludes that impaction between soot particles and droplets is the most important mechanism and that there is an optimum flow rate at which water should be injected to assure maximum removal efficiency."

Turbine, turbo, potato/potayto, eh?

More thrust with water injection.

Comment

have all the parts ordered to get the car running again just waiting now :)
                            will be injecting meth into the manifold now.
                            Last edited by kamotors; 03-04-2013, 01:37 PM.

7speedshop.com

Comment

mmmm.

Meth.

Comment

Looks darn good. Do you plan on painting the intake manifold eventually?

Comment

Working...
                                X