~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
    ~ '87 535
    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Meh, 5speed turbo would be more fun but there is nothing really wrong with having an auto
      -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by theox69 View Post
        What kind of power are you looking to make?
        My best guess would be 230-250whp.
        I'm only looking for about 220-230hp. Eventually after my headgasket blows or something I will shoot for a full rebuild and about 300hp. My protuned wrx is at 310hp and it really is amazing to drive and puts more expensive cars to shame.

And honestly the 325i turbo w/ auto should be plenty quick to 60mph.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
          So far the turbo build has cost $1231 which isn't too bad.
          sold my old exhaust for $120 to a friend so my total is at $1111 for the build. He is also going to buy my Miller 2.75" maf +chip once i get my 3.5" maf.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Looking forward to seeing progress. Im in the same boat , about to boost my m20 with a ct26 from a mk3 supra. 250whp is the goal :D

Comment

Working quickly. HG should be fine with that low boost application!
              1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

You'll quickly find the 4.44 diff to me much too short

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                  You'll quickly find the 4.44 diff to me much too short
                  yeah, thats why I'm sticking with my Torsen 4.27.

I received my oil drain line(-10an), some charge pipes and my downpipe metal yesterday, as soon as some snow melts I'll start welding things up.

7speedshop.com

Comment

yeah, thats why I'm sticking with my Torsen 4.27.

I received my oil drain line(-10an), some charge pipes and my downpipe metal yesterday, as soon as some snow melts I'll start welding things up.
                    :weak:

You realize that the difference between 4.44 and 4.27 is only 4%, right??

You'll need a 3.25 at the most.

Comment

:weak:

You realize that the difference between 4.44 and 4.27 is only 4%, right??

You'll need a 3.25 at the most.
                      You realize I hit about 40mph in first and 60 in second and 90+in 3rd with the 4.27? why would I want a 3.25?
                      I'm not changing the diff, I know the difference between a 4.44,4.27,4.10. When I switched from a 4.10 to 4.27 I lost like 1mph in first. I do NOT want longer gears.

7speedshop.com

Comment

4% is still a 260rpm difference. Pretty substantial when considering 0-60 times. A 3.73 barely hits 60 in second if you push back the revlimiter. Either way your going to need to be in 3rd with those ratios. I think those gears are better suited for small tracks and auto x events.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

You realize I hit about 40mph in first and 60 in second and 90+in 3rd with the 4.27? why would I want a 3.25?
                          I'm not changing the diff, I know the difference between a 4.44,4.27,4.10. When I switched from a 4.10 to 4.27 I lost like 1mph in first. I do NOT want longer gears.

No offense, but you seem to have no idea how this works...

With your current diff your car will top out at a slower speed than a bone-stock 325i. What's the point of putting all the time and $ in to a turbo build if you can barely crack 110mph?? Shifts eat up power and time; the more shifts you have to make, the slower your car will be. Longer gearing, if chosen properly, can actually make your car accelerate faster.

But if you don't believe me feel free to ask any other turbo BMW owner, or anyone who has even a basic understanding of drag racing.

Comment

I do NOT want longer gears.

Your turbo does.
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

No offense, but you seem to have no idea how this works...

With your current diff your car will top out at a slower speed than a bone-stock 325i. What's the point of putting all the time and $ in to a turbo build if you can barely crack 110mph?? Shifts eat up power and time; the more shifts you have to make, the slower your car will be. Longer gearing, if chosen properly, can actually make your car accelerate faster.

But if you don't believe me feel free to ask any other turbo BMW owner, or anyone who has even a basic understanding of drag racing.
                              You think I can barely hit 110? You obviously don't know the gearing of my car at all. Trust me it can wind out past 110mph pretty easy. It hit 130mph with the 4.10(the stock diff for my car). I shift 1 time to get to 60mph, how is that shifting too much? I can go 0-95mph in 2 shifts... what your saying does not apply to MY e30.

7speedshop.com

Comment

you guys are forgetting he has an auto tranny...gearing is longer.

Comment

Working...
                                X