it looks so fresh.
    E30 buildy things
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Originally posted by MattAvino View Post
      it looks so fresh.
      Yep, looks good when viewed 50 metres away while moving 50 km/h :D

I changed the diff.

This "new" one is 3,64, whereas the old was 3,91. the LSD unit would seem to be working fine, plus it's supposed have new seals, bearings and friction plates, according to the seller.

Comment

Nothing major here..
        I made couple of parts to the "superlite". Some welding, rivets & body adhesive.

It'll look OK once I tidy it up and it's all in one color. Besides, who's gonna see the repairs once everything is bolted back to the engine bay. :)
        Mounting points for E30/E36 diff

I took the typ 188 diff apart and washed it, so I can sandblast it..

I weighed it and the scale said 13kg! :O

Ran out of sand or the machine broke, so I put some acid on the diff cover to remove some of the rust.

Last edited by petrolhead; 01-29-2013, 03:11 PM.

Comment

I bought these:

..and did this:

Repair hidden under epoxy paint:

Surprisingly difficult to bend those pipes (for parking brake cables):

I made them from aluminum to save weight. :rofl:
          Last edited by petrolhead; 02-21-2013, 12:47 PM.

Comment

nice work !

Comment

DIY pipes for hand brake even fit the cables :D

DIY housing for the DIY scavenging tank. I'll cut a hole in the trunk floor so in case of fuel leak it'll leak outside and not to the cabin. (you know, fuel collector or whatever )

Concerning the black "summertime DD":

No wonder the headlights didn't work:

-replaced.

Need to change those inner wheel housings:

Dash and instrument cluster lights were constantly on. After much head scratching I found this:

Nice work by some previous owner. That grey-red wire is supposed to be hot only when light switch is on, and green-red is connected to fuse 21 (+30)..

I was supposed to put it all together and not take it apart

Something missing here..

I don't know what this is called.. I weighed it, over 9 kg but I guess it's going back to the car ("superlite")
              Last edited by petrolhead; 03-16-2013, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Looks like the battery is missing.
                Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Still "work in progress". I've got 50 days to put it together. Has to be ready for E30-meet @ Muurame, Finland. And you're all welcome there! ;)

Oh, those ugly winter tyres are fitted for testing-the-LSD-purposes only.

Reinforcement for rear shock mounting point, goes to the other car. 340 grams.
                  Last edited by petrolhead; 04-02-2013, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Real slow progress.....

Important bit to the trunk lid..

I noticed that the rear subframe bushes were torn, ordered new ones:

Filled them up with 2 component mystery stuff. Made them somewhat stiffer. They cost 1/3 of Powerflex bushes so why the hell not :D

Plate that goes between chassis and subframe bush. I pressed it that way, now it'll allow less subframe movement.

Finally all the instrument cluster lights work. New bulbs, cleaning the contacts and re soldering the pins which go those white & blue sockets. More than 10 were torn/broken.

Comment

I actually got around to installing the rear subfame bushes, then I checked & adjusted wheel alignment. While the alignment equipment were on, I checked how much do the values actually change in bump/rebound. I was surprised how severe the toe change per suspension travel is...
                      Not so worried about camber, experience tells me normal cars with narrow tyres aren't so picky about camber.

Fuel collector overflow/return goes to the filling up pipe. Tig welded.

De-rusting. Work in progress:

Koni sport fronts

This happens when you use spray can paint and paint it over w/ 2 component epoxy
                      Couple different 1 component rust primer have caused this....

I thought I'd bought wrong clutch cause it wouldn't go on the axle :D. It was just dirt or something...

EDIT: Take off that shitty paint:

..aand put on some proper epoxy

Making notes :D:D

I cut out the old diff mounting point and welded new ones.

Low quality pic of M10 block oil way. There's a mismatch at the same time that the oil way does a 90 degree turn. This is between oil pump and filter. I read somewhere that it might restrict flow at high revs.. :

Support for fuel pipe that I had forgotten to make :) :

Last edited by petrolhead; 05-06-2013, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Loosely translated that thumb up-sticker says "saved from being restored" or something like that..

Comment

i like the work that's been put into these two cars. keep it going, i'm interested to see what comes of that "superlite"
                          NRG Quick Release/MOMO Hubs|NRG Limited Edition Deep Dish Wheels|NRG Wood Wheels|Nardi|
                          9five Eyewear|Day of the Dead Tees|
                          WORK Wheels|Lug Nuts|
                          STÄTUS|
                          Got Juice?|

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanE30 View Post
                            i like the work that's been put into these two cars. keep it going, i'm interested to see what comes of that "superlite"
                            I started thinking about that when I was driving that black one, down some very twisty back roads. Sure it has no speed & no power but I like the feel of it, it's very nice and responsive. Now, the other one will be pretty much the same but less weight, better weight distribution, more power, better suspension etc. I think it'll be OK.:)

Comment

DIY-muffler, testing testing :D

What's the point of making one instead of buying? I don't know....
                              Works well anyway. Under 12cm diameter, not restrictive, 2,6kg.

Comment

Originally posted by petrolhead View Post
                                DIY-muffler, testing testing :D

What's the point of making one instead of buying? I don't know....
                                Works well anyway. Under 12cm diameter, not restrictive, 2,6kg.
                                Jarno you crazy sob!
                                now it only needs some cool exhaust tip to make it real boy racer :D

Comment

Working...
                                X