New Project, built e30 m10 into e21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Project, built e30 m10 into e21

So I know it's not an e30 but, I'm using a lot of parts I've gotten from guys on R3v for this build so I'm going to start a thread on the latest project we've been working on at the shop. I picked up a 1982 Hennarot 320i Sport shell a few months back and was hoping to throw a stock m10 into and have it running over night. Although it was 90% rust-free, the Henna had some necessary work to be done to it before it would be up and running...so it sat on the lot, waiting...

Until...I finally brought her into the stable where she begins her transformation...(my brothers m30 Alpina in the background and a stock Bronzit 320i donor car in the foreground)

The body is pretty good, but very straight and the frame/chasis is very clean. Paint is in poor condition, and the interior is so-so cloth Recaro's.

So while I was waiting to pull the m10 out of another running 320i I had, I came across this...

...and that happened to be a freshly rebuilt m10 out of a 318 with a Shrick stage 3 cam, .20 over bore, and with a head so clean I had to lick it! When we drained the remaining oil out (to check the rebuild) it was so fresh and clean, and smelled great :)

Look at the size of these inlets:

After I cleaned prepped and painted the engine bay we got the motor dropped in (Nick and Theo lining it onto the motor mounts)

And my brother (e21fun) has been hard at work tackling the wiring, and getting the drivetrain laid in:

Me buckling up the MSD coil and ignition:

So we ordered a lot of great stuff from Jester, and I've been saving my special MOMO Course seat that I got from Brent (I know he still misses it :o to go in this car, along with a beautiful Sport wheel, and some black Borbet type A's that I think will look awesome on this car:

Then to top it all off we just picked up this strut bar and sweet custom exhaust from our buddy's Justin and Steve from over at VAC (Justing's uncle was a big time e21 guy) two of the nicest guys you could know!

So the plan for this car is to build a way cool e21 you can drive daily if desired but mainly made for the weekender trackster, the guy or gal who wants to drive their e21 to the track, rip it up in some high RPM's around some cones or an oval or whatever they desire, then drive this baby back home in style!!

MORE TO COME...
    BUY YOUR KLUB VINTAGE WINDOW DECALS!
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=265552

Klub Vintage - Classic and specialty car builds and restorations

http://www.klubvintage.com

Located in Lambertville NJ

fuck this is exciting those A's are sick as hell,
    more pics of brothers m30 car! looks so clean!!!!

Comment

Great to see a m10 build. I am a fan of the m10. Keep up the good work!!
      E30/ 318i m10, e30 m50 & E34/ 520i m50

Comment

Based on the caliber of your other build i expect nothing less the excellence.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by metalsoul View Post
          ...and that happened to be a freshly rebuilt m10 out of a 318 with a Shrick stage 3 cam, .20 over bore, and with a head so clean I had to lick it!

In for pic of licking head. No homeaux.
          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

I'm in for the win that's about to go down in here...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

proper.

and nice sig there featuring GPS tee..
              -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

This is going to be sweet, those m10s are fun when done up right. When are you guys coming back up with an e21 need to test a bbs spoiler on it.
                sigpic
                New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Going to be a beauty.

m10 <3 <3 <3
                  balticblau-metallic '84 318i 5spd 3.91 LSD

Comment

Thanks a lot for the kind words guys! I'm always rockin my GPS T's! And speaking of...Levent...If you want to test fit I'll have to bring this one up once it's runnning cuz the other 2 have Air dam's on them already, but you know we never need an excuse to make a trip to see you ;)

Today I fabb'd bracket arms for the MOMO so it's mounted onto a pair of recaro sliders, it's a beautiful thing to be able to get in and out of a seat like this without much effort! And this way the driver can swap the MOMO in and out easily with a daily seat while leaving the sliders in for both seats!

Last edited by metalsoul; 11-15-2011, 07:12 PM.
                    BUY YOUR KLUB VINTAGE WINDOW DECALS!
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=265552

Klub Vintage - Classic and specialty car builds and restorations

http://www.klubvintage.com

Located in Lambertville NJ

Comment

Adam didnt see this thread till just now. Looks like its gunna be a good one ;). I do miss the seat but Abby wouldn't really look right with it anyway. Ironically the guy I bought that seat from had it in a e21 as well.

Comment

Was all around a henna 320i turbo m10 today, so fawkin awesome.
                        Love these cars.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

if i was around e21's more, id find myself owning one... probable m42 swap, with a dreamy DA s/c setup.
                          Originally posted by Lof8
                          4 doors allow you to transport more whores.
                          therefore, their value is much greater.
                          Down to: 89 aw2 332i/4/5 , 70 Sahara 2002

Comment

Nice job man, your projects are awesome

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                            Bluebird Bus Conversion
                            New Oregon Trail

Comment

Working...
                            X