X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by illest318i View Post
    What a waste of a beautiful 2002
    I personally hate honda and hate the fact that it's gonna be
    vtec powered, but o well and good luck with the swap!

do some research on Honda motors, specifically the f20c. everybody has there own opinion on good and bad engines. if an engine is light, reliable, and makes loads of power, than y not. there's allways gona b the hate and the purist, but in the end we build a car how we like it, not for others.
    hater gona hate.:D

Comment

Where do you see a beautiful 2002? It's a squaretail lol. But in all seriousness. I love this thing and must find a way to drop this motor in an e30 without resorting to sumpless.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
      VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Nice progress. How'd you guys measure out the bumper cuts? Have any photos of the rear of the car from a medium distance?

I've been planning to do a similar thing to my 02's rear bumper but it's hard to hold up and measure stuff with just one person :(
        cars beep boop

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see anything wrong/ugly about "squaretails"

Amazing project you got! Honda makes great engines. Nice to hear it running!

Comment

Originally posted by jaywood View Post
            Maybe it's just me, but I don't see anything wrong/ugly about "squaretails"

same here. :)

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
              Nice progress. How'd you guys measure out the bumper cuts? Have any photos of the rear of the car from a medium distance?

I've been planning to do a similar thing to my 02's rear bumper but it's hard to hold up and measure stuff with just one person :(
              Cant you just copy the line of the bumper? I'm not sure how to explained it, but you could take one pencil that followed the outside line of the bumper, tie a piece of string to it that is the same length as the amount of bumper you want to cut off, and then tie another pencil to the other end of the string. Then run the first pencil along the outside line of the bumper and the second pencil would copy that line further up the bumper. Sorry if thats not clear but it makes sens in my head. Just can't put it in words.
              sigpic
              "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                Cant you just copy the line of the bumper? I'm not sure how to explained it, but you could take one pencil that followed the outside line of the bumper, tie a piece of string to it that is the same length as the amount of bumper you want to cut off, and then tie another pencil to the other end of the string. Then run the first pencil along the outside line of the bumper and the second pencil would copy that line further up the bumper. Sorry if thats not clear but it makes sens in my head. Just can't put it in words.
                I understand what you mean... the sides are the real problem though. I also wanted to slot the actual mount plates to slide the bumper down a touch so that it went under the lip like a proper bumper. After some thinking, I think I'm going to get some cardboard, and cut it until it fits flush to get the outline.
                cars beep boop

Comment

lol, because M10/M20/M42 is sooooo much better than F20C right?!
                  Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                    lol, because M10/M20/M42 is sooooo much better than F20C right?!
                    This is going to be such a sweet car. I really like it when some one does something different and mixes it up a bit (within resin). I cant wait to hear this thing scream down the road. :D
                    sigpic
                    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Thx guys. Sorry I didn't respond to the bumper cutting. Yes we basically just cut to the original shape of the bumper. It's measure a bunch of times and cut a little at a time and keep measuring and trying it on. Until you get the look your after. I will get a picture of the back. :)
                      Work We Do
                      CAtuned Feedback Page|FB CAtuned Page
                      http://www.catuned.com

Comment

This is a sweet build! I own both and e30 and an s2000 definitely love the drivetrain of the s2000 but there is something about the BMW that's classic. Can't wait to see the end product F20c exhaust note>M10 exhaust btw
                        1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
                        COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

You have no idea of how jealous I am, I want to drive this so bad it makes my stomach hurt.
                          I tip my hat to you sir, please post vids of this little screamer when its all dialed in.

Comment

my worst nightmare....

old sKool 02 with honda engine.

why not the original 2.0 m10 and turbo it??

i've achieved 550bhp with an old m10 running a ebay turbo kit, s14 trottle bodies, and stock internals!

Comment

Originally posted by da-real View Post
                              my worst nightmare....

i've achieved 550bhp with an old m10 running a ebay turbo kit, s14 trottle bodies, and stock internals!

This is better.

Comment

Originally posted by da-real View Post
                                my worst nightmare....

Rely? This is your nightmare? Wow.
                                In any case you can do what you wish with your car. And that is what we are doing with ours. Besides maybe where you are from these engines are not common or your labor rate is cheap. Things here are different in the USA.

In any rate we are not stopping. We will have a video of this car up and running and having fun as soon as it's up and running.
                                Work We Do
                                CAtuned Feedback Page|FB CAtuned Page
                                http://www.catuned.com

Comment

Working...
                                X