No announcement yet.

Project Pro3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

today I picked up some 14x7 Revolution RXFs with some R888s on it for a great deal. The tires have a couple of heat cycles on them, but still have plenty of life left in them. The wheel centers are powder coated white, don't quiet match the car but until I get the car proven out on track, I don't feel like making the investment in new wheels and new tires.

Comment

Fun read! Good work!
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
      1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
      1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
      1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

That looks great. Love the paint. Went to one race in Kent last year. What a blast just being a spectator.

Hope you don't mind, but this was the newest thread mentioning pro3: Where is the darn 2012 schedule? There is a 2012 schedule, right? Last year it started in March, I just thought there would be a new one out by now. Thanks.

Comment

Nice build! I want to build a track car!
          Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

Originally posted by sneaker View Post
            That looks great. Love the paint. Went to one race in Kent last year. What a blast just being a spectator.

Hope you don't mind, but this was the newest thread mentioning pro3: Where is the darn 2012 schedule? There is a 2012 schedule, right? Last year it started in March, I just thought there would be a new one out by now. Thanks.
            Thanks, the schedule is on the icscc website, http://icscc.com/season.php

All the read highlighted dates are races which Pro3 will be at. Hope to see you out there sometime!

Comment

What shifter set up is that? I like it a lot.
              89is, 20psi HX40, MSPNPl M20. Dynomometer operator at Swift Motorsports.

Comment

Do you go to western? I read through this thread and I saw FSAE in the midst of it.

Great build, the car looks great

Comment

Originally posted by omniscient View Post
                  What shifter set up is that? I like it a lot.
                  Its an AKG quickshift 2 shifter. Its a really awesome piece once you get over the cost hurdle. Since I started with just a shell I had no shifter piece so justified the purchase much easier.

Originally posted by Jboss12 View Post
                  Do you go to western? I read through this thread and I saw FSAE in the midst of it.

Great build, the car looks great
                  Yep, I go to Western and am on the FSAE team as well

Comment

Originally posted by seatown88 View Post
                    Its an AKG quickshift 2 shifter. Its a really awesome piece once you get over the cost hurdle. Since I started with just a shell I had no shifter piece so justified the purchase much easier.

Yep, I go to Western and am on the FSAE team as well
                    I go to western as well and ive been to a few FSAE meetings, iv'e just never really participated. It sounds like good stuff though.

I'm not sure if you ever notice my car driving around at all but Im the one with the alpine e36 m3 4 door. I actually just picked up a 91' 318i convertible for a project car and thats why i'm always hovering around these forums.

Comment

i think i have seen your car around, you should stop by the shop sometime and get your hands dirty, we have a lot of work on the car to do and not much time!

Comment

What are you running for brake ducts?
                        www.hardmotorsport.com

Comment

I'll be fabricating a duct system pretty soon, probably for an independent study so I can get some school credit for it

Comment

Originally posted by seatown88 View Post
                            I'll be fabricating a duct system pretty soon, probably for an independent study so I can get some school credit for it
                            We just developed backing plates for stock e30 brakes let me know if I can help.
                            www.hardmotorsport.com

Comment

The car is just about ready for its first race later this month! Vinyl and brake pads are on there way and after a nut and bolt check and installing those parts on the way it'll be ready for the track!I have a little but of suspension tuning to get it where I want it for the initial run.

I took it out for a couple 0-60 runs and everything worked great besides a little tire rub which raising the car up hopefully fixed. I eventually will roll the fenders.

Comment

First weekend out in the car, it ran great all weekend until the race...where it seems the car went into a limp mode and would not rev past 4k rpm. Still for having a garage alignment, limited set up, and old tires the car was faster and better than I expected. Time to diagnose some issues, tune the set up a little bit, and get rid of the speed limiter:D.
                                Last edited by seatown88; 05-20-2012, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X