Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

89 325i LS Swap (Rust Repair & Respray Underway)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pootis
    replied
    Thanks guys. Having a hell of a time getting it put back in. I am currently attempting to put motor trans and subframe all in at one time and I just can't get it to line up. I am going to try to loosen the motor mount bolts tonight and then lift the subframe into place and then fully bolt the motor down. Hopefully I have a pic tomorrow of it installed

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    Chevy motors of this type are single cam with push rods.

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    Sick. Are those single cams on each head?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    looking great!

Leave a comment:

• Pootis
    replied
    Officially ready to go back in!

I decided to bite the bullet and get the sikky headers. I am really glad I did.

Leave a comment:

• Pootis
    replied
    Originally posted by amcp View Post
    How close is the post to the garage wall? Doesnt look like theres much clearance.
    Since I don't have the luxury of a super wide garage I got the post as close to the side of the garage as possible. It works out just fine but I would definitely space it out if I had the room.

Leave a comment:

• amcp
    replied
    How close is the post to the garage wall? Doesnt look like theres much clearance.

Leave a comment:

• Pootis
    replied
    Originally posted by jeds View Post
    Looking forward to updates on the new motor setup.

How has the lift been treating you? I've been seriously considering the same setup, but have been reluctant to commit.

Also... What's the story with the motorcycle? Is that a Honda CB?
    Loving the lift. Fittings are junk on it so you have to replace most but it is so convenient. Car is up in the air on all 4 corners in under a minute. No more messing with jackstands etc.

Yeah that is my never ending 76 CB360 project. The only thing left on it is wiring and a seat I just have no motivation to finish it.

Side post the GTO headers are not going to work so I think I am just going to bite the bullet and purchase the sikky headers. If anyone has a set they are looking to sell let me know.

Leave a comment:

• jeds
    replied
    Looking forward to updates on the new motor setup.

How has the lift been treating you? I've been seriously considering the same setup, but have been reluctant to commit.

Also... What's the story with the motorcycle? Is that a Honda CB?

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    so pimp!

Leave a comment:

• Pootis
    replied
    Well the 6.0 swap is underway. The 4.8 was pulled last Friday. I had to swap several parts over from the 4.8 to the 6.0 (valve springs, front accessories etc). Everything has gone smooth so far. I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to sikky motor mounts. The homemade ones worked and they will be going up for sale soon for a cheap price but I figured since this is the last motor going in lets get it setup well. The JBA headers are going to need some massaging but should work. As of last night I have all of the front accessories on except for the power steering and the heads are torqued to spec. Here is the setup for the new motor.

LQ4 6.0 with Gen 4 rotating assembly (Just got lucky on that pulled the heads and found out it was one of the last gen 3 blocks being assembled so they assembled them with gen 4 rotating assemblies)
    Sloppy Stage 2 Cam
    BTR Dual .660 Valve Springs
    LS6 Intake
    Ported and Polished 317's with a 5 Angle Valve Job
    SVO 30lb injectors
    TRE 255 Fuel Pump
    JBA GTO Headers (hopefully)
    LS7 Clutch
    T56
    Fbody front accessories
    Sikky Mounts
    Canton Pan
    Custom Driveshaft
    Custom Brake Booster
    Custom exhaust 2.5" off the headers into a Y 3" single all the way back

Looking forward to hearing it fire up

Leave a comment:

• Supadave
    replied
    I need that

Leave a comment:

• Pootis
    replied
    My ceilings are 9’ 3” or somewhere are there so I think it is 8’ 5” at the beam. It’s not ideal for this garage but it is a long term investment

Leave a comment:

• AWDBOB
    replied
    Damn that's a nice setup. What's your ceiling height at that beam?

Leave a comment:

• Pootis
    replied
    https://www.maxjaxusa.com/dannmar-m-...RoCuewQAvD_BwE

I bought the M-6 model

Leave a comment:

Working...
X