Schwarz/Houndstooth Mtech1 S52 coupe: 10 year journey

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Habla
    replied
    Test
    Last edited by Habla; 11-13-2017, 06:44 PM. Reason: Annoying crapatalk signature deletion

    Leave a comment:


  • Habla
    replied
    Yes it is, with shaved fins.

    Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • AWDBOB
    replied
    Originally posted by Habla
    One of these, Bob

    Spal 30100401 16" Straight Blade Pusher Fan https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009OBOOT4..._ZAEcAbW2ZQMGK
    Thank you! That's the one I had saved in my cart. Is that the stock booster just moved over?

    Leave a comment:


  • Habla
    replied
    Yep, e34/e30m3 fitment

    Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • TheWipprSnappr
    replied
    Originally posted by Habla


    are these 16x8s?

    Leave a comment:


  • Habla
    replied
    One of these, Bob

    Spal 30100401 16" Straight Blade Pusher Fan https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009OBOOT4..._ZAEcAbW2ZQMGK

    Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • AWDBOB
    replied
    What p/n fan did you use?

    Leave a comment:


  • Habla
    replied
    Thanks!

    Bought some RXs for the wagon and I just had to see the 225/55 et15 on the adapters :loco:

    Could work with some stretch I do love them so

    Leave a comment:


  • wworm
    replied
    good stuff man! chrome on black looks so damn good.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30austin
    replied
    Nice!

    Leave a comment:


  • Habla
    replied
    Long time no update!

    Bought some front seats and began the hunt for the rest (PITA$$). Ollie the heeler collie is about 1 here (he's 2.5 now)



    Old cockpit setup



    The 770/2 euro valance looks great!



    I finally fixed all my engine issues with the m50 by installing a walbro 255 in the tank and taking out the two pump system. Also moved the filter to the old external pump location. It wasn't very long after that I found an s52 for a deal. So I did what any sane person would do and sold my entire drivetrain to start over.

    M50tu/g250 coming out



    The new S52



    Picked up a zf320, did the pins/detent service, condor shift bushings. Plugged in the Markert Motorworks obd2 harness and chucked the motor in!



    Konis going in the front with new bumps and top mounts



    Finally finished the houndstooth scavenger hunt, found the bolster pieces I needed and rebuilt the front seats. Started putting the rest of the interior in



    Installed the spal fan and brackets, hooked to a 80/88 switch in the radiator for automatic turn on action



    The Jimmy hill hunt has also come to a close. It was lachs, now flat black



    Got some exhaust done, but Im not happy with the work at all. Gotta fix it later. At least the vibrant stuff looks nice



    Been sitting on these RD wheels for a while, finally got some undersized tires put on :sigh:



    This is pretty current:



    Just got my collector plate in, stay tuned for interior assembly and making the front end come together.

    -Peter

    Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • kingston
    replied
    Sounds like you are really close now, man!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Habla
    replied
    Got a new hella crank sensor coming, as the off brand one I had in there was failing and causing the engine to shut off for a split second and flash a cel.

    I put in a brand new bosch external pump, but it turns out the lift pump is the culprit, as the new pump is still squealing like a stuck pig. I have a new walbro coming, so I'm ditching the twin pump setup for a single tank pump. Now to see if the tank is rusty :/

    Leave a comment:


  • Habla
    replied
    I suspect that poor fuel delivery has been the main cause this whole time... Live and learn I guess.

    I'm still glad I've done all this other stuff though

    Leave a comment:


  • kingston
    replied
    Dang, man...this car should already be screaming. Keep at it!!

    Leave a comment:

Working...