No announcement yet.

★ ★ Project Glacier | Make the E30 a Daily Again ★ ★

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lifted my 4Runner... It fucking sucks now. The taco drives so much better. Think of how shitty the e30 rides compared to stock... Do you want two vehicles that ride like garbage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
      I lifted my 4Runner... It fucking sucks now. The taco drives so much better. Think of how shitty the e30 rides compared to stock... Do you want two vehicles that ride like garbage?
      Old Man Emu stuff shouldn't affect the ride quality, if I spec it out correctly (which I need to talk to Toytec about). In fact, it should vastly improve the ride quality over corrugated roads and the likes. I'm only looking at a 2.5-3" lift. Nothing crazy. I'm doing this truck up properly, and I want it to be decently capable.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Just posting to let all of my avid fans know that the car is still alive, and that interesting things are still in the works for it. Oh, and I still have the Futuras.

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
          Just posting to let all of my avid fans know that the car is still alive, and that interesting things are still in the works for it. Oh, and I still have the Futuras.
          ty

1991 325i
          flickr
          @sambhaskins

Comment

Old Man Emu stuff shouldn't affect the ride quality, if I spec it out correctly (which I need to talk to Toytec about). In fact, it should vastly improve the ride quality over corrugated roads and the likes. I'm only looking at a 2.5-3" lift. Nothing crazy. I'm doing this truck up properly, and I want it to be decently capable.
            I promise you, you can do 99% of what every lifted truck can do with a stock truck and good tires. Do you have the rear e-locker?
            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

I promise you, you can do 99% of what every lifted truck can do with a stock truck and good tires. Do you have the rear e-locker?
              Yeah I totally agree but my suspension is tired and I'd like to support a bit more weight on the bumper and in the bed. I do have the e locker and I did the grey wire mod. It's pretty rad.

Comment

OME stuff is spot on. helped my old roommate with an OME lift for his DISCO, truck still rode super nice.
                '87 BMW 325i - ground control c/o, condor bushings, 16x8/16x9 wheels - SOLD

'09 MazdaSpeed 3 - FOR SALE

Comment

1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

I'm loving it. It's been getting much more attention (and money) than the E30 lately... which is ok. The E30 is really rough right now. I need to get some space and pull the engine to do some work. As for now... I'm saving up for some armor and an OME lift for the taco.

DSC_6022 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr
                    DO NOT buy the OME lift. Nitrocharger shocks do not handle well with hours of wheeling. I abused my OME springs, but after bashing my 2000 4Runner while stationed in Washington state, I know that OME won't suffice in Coloardo. Toytec has reasonably priced coils/springs up front. All-Pro produces a very solid expedition spring that is amazing. Do not do plates - way too much weight. Stick with tube bumpers to keep your MPG above 19mpg with 33's. Spend money on gearing, keep the stock rims, do some spacers, Tundra Brake upgrade and something like addicted offroad front bumper. Check out my build thread for some homework. And make sure you relocate your turn signals into your running light housing for the front.
                    Paynemw
                    1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Sold!
                    the ebb and flow of 325is ownership - In RVA
                    1988 BMW 535is - RIP but my dream BMW

Comment

Originally posted by paynemw View Post
                      DO NOT buy the OME lift. Nitrocharger shocks do not handle well with hours of wheeling. I abused my OME springs, but after bashing my 2000 4Runner while stationed in Washington state, I know that OME won't suffice in Coloardo. Toytec has reasonably priced coils/springs up front. All-Pro produces a very solid expedition spring that is amazing. Do not do plates - way too much weight. Stick with tube bumpers to keep your MPG above 19mpg with 33's. Spend money on gearing, keep the stock rims, do some spacers, Tundra Brake upgrade and something like addicted offroad front bumper. Check out my build thread for some homework. And make sure you relocate your turn signals into your running light housing for the front.
                      Hmm we had an OME setup on a Prado down in Australia and they handled a ton of trips across the outback...

Yeah I'm planning on tube bumpers front and rear. Definitely not keeping the stock wheels though lol. Might get some spacers until the wheels I want are available.

Comment

Offroad TE37s boi
                        willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                          Offroad TE37s boi

lmaooooo yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1991 325i
                          flickr
                          @sambhaskins

Comment

Comment

Soooo many valves !
                              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Nice swap for the Tacoma.

Edit: Might not work as well as a rock slider though.
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X