Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 88' e30 325i Touring build thread, wiretucked, ITB'd M20, Bagged.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing your sweet wagon makes me miss mine.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

this thread is full of win!
      Boris - 89 E30 325i
      84- E30 323i

Comment

Looking good man... wheels look the shit! Wish I was still in Melb :(
        sigpic

Comment

I want that so bad
          1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
          2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
          2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

Thanks heaps guys :)

Also, 'Mtech2_touring', going by your name and comment I assuming you also have an Mtech touring in AUS? Would have pretty cool to do a double photoshoot if you were still in Melbourne :)
            E30 325i Touring currently under construction.
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...256444&page=20
            sigpic

Comment

Got the rear coil-over setup in this arvo. Rear end is now sitting very nice :) Also gave the rear guards another good rolling (taking off some paint in the process :(), haven't taken it for a drive yet but hopefully the tires won't rub anymore. Otherwise might have to invest in a rear camber kit.

Coupe is now full daily mode.
              sigpic

Comment

Ive been looking at rear setup in regards to camber - Im currently running RS's in 15x9 +7 w/ 205/50 and they fit with no scrub on 650lb rears (apart from a huge drop in the road once a week or so...)

My track car has eccentric bushes that allow me to dial out the camber induced from running lower - thing is it also dials out the toe. I imagine the opposite of this would be more camber, more toe...

Other thing I have noticed is, my daily car was running borbet 16x9s with 225/45 with hammer folded rear arch lips (no paint lost ;) ) and negligible scrub (the wheel pretty much tucks inside the guard... Yet i have no camber adjust just what comes from lowering it...
                90 318i M62B44 OBD1
                02 530i Touring (Airlift 3P)

Comment

Put the wagon into the exhaust place today to get the Raceland headers installed as well as a 2.5" mandrel bent system and new cat converter. There has been a rattling noise coming from the exhaust somewhere since i bought it only when i would back off the throttle... assumed it was the cat, but got a call from the exhaust place and apparently the Scorpion muffler has completely collapsed on the inside and needs to be replaced... :( The exhaust guy is trying to find a simular muffler to replace it.

Originally posted by wakdog View Post
                  Ive been looking at rear setup in regards to camber - Im currently running RS's in 15x9 +7 w/ 205/50 and they fit with no scrub on 650lb rears (apart from a huge drop in the road once a week or so...)

My track car has eccentric bushes that allow me to dial out the camber induced from running lower - thing is it also dials out the toe. I imagine the opposite of this would be more camber, more toe...

Other thing I have noticed is, my daily car was running borbet 16x9s with 225/45 with hammer folded rear arch lips (no paint lost ;) ) and negligible scrub (the wheel pretty much tucks inside the guard... Yet i have no camber adjust just what comes from lowering it...
                  Wow how does that not rub :/ my 15x9 +3 with 195/50's scrubbed on bumps but had enough clearance for smooth roads. My current wheels on the wagon, 16x9.5 +12 with 215/45 also scrub pretty well when hitting a decent bump in the road. Have rolled them as much as I physically can. Pushed them out as much as possible with the guard roller and they still scrub when i corner a bit harder or hit a bump.

My old borbets 16x9 +15 with a 5mm spacer, using a 215/40 would scrub as well but only when hitting big bumps or carrying reasonably heavy loads.

I drove the wagon for a big drive to work and then to the exhaust place today, would scrub in the rear on bumps and harder corners still lol Tires are slowly losing their writing...
                  sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Looks fantastic. BBS still up for sale? I've been looking for replacement wheels and will be heading down to Vic in the holidays
                        '90 BMW E30 318is
                        '99 Honda DC2R

Comment

Originally posted by Pete_E30 View Post
                          Looks fantastic. BBS still up for sale? I've been looking for replacement wheels and will be heading down to Vic in the holidays
                          Thanks mate :) BBS were actually sold just tonight. Was sad to see them go.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eurotrash727 View Post
                            God what id give for a touring, wish they made them in the states.
                            Took the words right out of my mouth! The US never gets anything cool!! >_<

Great looking car man, lucky! Looks awesome in white too...and I normally don't like white.
                            1991 318is - Daily/weekend track car.

An on-ramp is a terrible thing to waste...

Comment

Originally posted by bmwandhonda View Post

Just peeped the Hybrid decal...those guys are everywhere!! Before they got as big as they are now, they were a tiny local shop in my tiny hometown. I went to high school with a few of their guys.

Small world man...all the way in Australia!
                              1991 318is - Daily/weekend track car.

An on-ramp is a terrible thing to waste...

Comment

Got my Raceland headers installed last week. Also got a custom single 2.5" mandrel bent system made up along with a new muffler. I originally wanted to keep the 'scorpion' muffler that i already had but turned out it was completely collapsed internally and ruined… The new muffler is a no name brand but looks decent and the new system as a whole sounds amazing!! Very happy with it :)
                                From the back:

Headers:

Cat converter:

A quick shot of the exhaust but will get a better one when i have it up on stands the next time.:

Originally posted by InNeedOfBoost View Post
                                Took the words right out of my mouth! The US never gets anything cool!! >_<

Great looking car man, lucky! Looks awesome in white too...and I normally don't like white.
                                Originally posted by InNeedOfBoost View Post
                                Just peeped the Hybrid decal...those guys are everywhere!! Before they got as big as they are now, they were a tiny local shop in my tiny hometown. I went to high school with a few of their guys.

Small world man...all the way in Australia!
                                Hey mate, thanks :) Australia never got the Touring's either :/ I was lucky that someone had successfully imported one here from the UK and was then selling it, I got pretty lucky to be honest.

HybridRacing sponsor my racecar, they are good bunch of guys and great to deal with, pretty much all the parts with the engine swap in the civic are Hybrid gear :) I also rock the 'awesome sauce' air freshener on the rear vision mirror in the touring haha
                                Last edited by bmwandhonda; 12-16-2012, 12:35 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X