Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 88' e30 325i Touring build thread, wiretucked, ITB'd M20, Bagged.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by two240s View Post
    OH DEAR. I can.not.wait to see these on the car.

I had planned on a set for my alpine before I decided to sell it

are they on yet?
    Thanks man, nah still need to acquire tires which will hopefully be next week. Also still need to swap out the coil-overs from the coupe onto the touring.
    E30 325i Touring currently under construction.
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...256444&page=20
    sigpic

Comment

Got around to installing the Miller MAF and edu chip. Feels like it does have a bit more power and response now, but it has made the idle a bit crappy to be honest. After a drive, I will pull up at the lights and while waiting in neutral, the revs will jump up and down slowly, sometimes almost stalling for about 10-20seconds or so, but then will settle to a constant 1k rev idle. Sort of frustrating as it was idling just fine befor installing the Miller MAF.

Also test fit the wheels just to see if they wouldn't foul on any of the suspension. All good though, fit no worries :)
      sigpic

Comment

Sweet (new) wheels! Beautiful touring also! I'm in the process of getting mine painted after a bit of a resto. Could you drop me a pm about getting her legally on the road in Oz? I'm thinking I might head there (from Ireland) in the new year, be interesting to learn a little about importing them if I end up staying.

For headers (exhaust manifold, right?) BTB in the UK do a few variations of the same headers with good gains. They do one also that will allow you to fit a e36/46 steering rack. Very pricy though! But look good:

Last edited by Jozi; 11-13-2012, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Let me know if you're still looking for headers. I know of a second hand set that will be coming off a car shortly if you're interested?
          Last edited by aitch; 11-14-2012, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jozi View Post
            Sweet (new) wheels! Beautiful touring also! I'm in the process of getting mine painted after a bit of a resto. Could you drop me a pm about getting her legally on the road in Oz? I'm thinking I might head there (from Ireland) in the new year, be interesting to learn a little about importing them if I end up staying.

For headers (exhaust manifold, right?) BTB in the UK do a few variations of the same headers with good gains. They do one also that will allow you to fit a e36/46 steering rack. Very pricy though! But look good:

Hey mate, thanks :)

Those btb headers do look awesome, but to be honest are a bit out of my price range, I really need to get my exhaust re-done since the guys that 'installed' the cat converter for compliance did the worst install job EVER... and also there is an annoying rattle when i am backing off the throttle, sounds like loose stones but probably busted bits of weld or something...

I would like a half decent set of headers befor I get the new system done (2.5" single pipe from headers back, with new single pipe cat converter) but because I am not trying to get massive gains I can't really justify spending 1.5-2k. Looking for a set around the 500-1k mark.

I have PM'd you about the engineering process too btw, not too hard although not exactly cheap...

Originally posted by aitch View Post
            Let me know if you're still looking for headers. I know of a seccond hand set that will be comming off a car shortly if you're interested?
            I am still looking for headers actually, but they need to fit RHD cars and I am in Australia so shipping costs could be a bit of an issue :/ Thanks though.
            sigpic

Comment

^ that 'aitch' guy has location of Melbourne man? ;)

wheels look fantastic, so shiny!! haha

Comment

Originally posted by Ant_e30 View Post
                ^ that 'aitch' guy has location of Melbourne man? ;)

wheels look fantastic, so shiny!! haha
                Thanks mate :) and yep i am, indeed, an idiot... I didn't even notice. Thanks for the tip off man lol

PM being sent (to Aitch)
                sigpic

Comment

So finally got the tires put onto the wheels. The tires are 215/45 Dunlop SP sport Maxx. The Touring is currently just sitting on a set of Bilstein Sport springs and shocks (I think anyway, came on the car) so it isn't as low as I would like but to be honest looks pretty decent at it's current height. The rear sits nice but the front is a bit high. When I get a free weekend I will swap out the coil-overs from the coupe to the Touring.

Guards need a bit more of a roll so that the tires stop scrubbing (only slightly but still not ideal)

First I did a test fit on the coupe, since that is car is lowered on coils was good to see how it sat when the car was all the way down. Pretty much sat perfect :)

Then put them all onto the Touring, slight poke at front and rear but nothing too crazy.

sigpic

Comment

Jumped in the car to go for a drive, had a mate in the passenger seat and noticed there wasn't much clearance in guards. Thought it would be ok though so we headed out...

About 2 minutes down the road all we could smell was burning rubber :/ got out and yeah saw this:

Quickly took the touring back to the garage and took the coupe out for a drive to the loval VW show with a few mates

Decided the guards need a good roll befor we were heading anywhere in it, lucky my mate had a guard roller handy :)

Later that day, got the guard roller out and gave it a good go, paint cracked pretty much straight away but wasn't too worried since the tires rubbing had already damaged it... Managed to the get the inside of the rear guards close to flat and now it still rubs a little but no where near as bad.

Doesn't help that the rear springs it is currently on are fairly soft :/

Anyway, here is how it looks after a few drives. Sits really well in the back but the front needs to go down a bit. Will be swapping in the coils soon enough.

Also scored these off ebay/egay/ebag recently, they just arrived today :)

Also, my BBS RS are up for sale as of today, PM me for details if anyone is interested.
                    sigpic

Comment

Also installed the 'raceskids' bash plate. I put a 3mm spacer on the steering rack side (made from alloy strip) and also put a layer of rubber between the bash plate and the radiator support.

I put a layer of silicon between the bash plate and the sump, it is on the bash plate and there is still an air gap between the silicon and the sump itself. The idea is that if I hit something seriously solid and the bash plate then hits the underside of the sump, the layer of silicon will hopefully provide some impact absorption. I hope. My m42 coupe broke 3 sumps from hitting big things and the bash plate just hitting directly under the sump causing it to crack so hopefully this will help.
                      sigpic

Comment

more lows have been acquired up front today, swapped out the front coil-overs from the coupe into the wagon, lowered the front down a bit for some better rake. Rear coil-overs will be swapped in when i get some more free time.

DIY mechanic method:
                        sigpic

Comment

A few pics from the meet yesterday :) More lows will be acquired soon enough.

sigpic

Comment

Dope.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Nice headgear. :D

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X