Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
    nice build bentwin!

btw, i think i saw you at that HUGE miata meet a few months back but wasnt sure if you or not.

Yeah I was there. Should have found me dude!!!!
    Turbo m30 drift car build.
    500whp or bust.
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=256525

Comment

Had a little fun this weekend.
      Finished up the bumpers.
      They look a million times better.

IMG_6202 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

IMG_6199 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

IMG_6203 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

Go look at the before pictures. SEM trim paint does magic.

I also got a new cockpit buddy. Paying homage to my hot rod roots. Excuse the instagram pic. ( instagram: e30leben)

normal picture.

IMG_6207 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

Thats it for now. Painting the brake ducts tomorrow and fixing the fog light.

For those asking for engine pictures, Ill take one. It is however not exciting to look at. That way if I get my hood popped (CA Life), It looks completely old, and stock.
      500whp or bust.

Comment

Your steering wheel is amazing, just thought I would let you know.
        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
        You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Thank you!!! It matches my shift knob.
          500whp or bust.

Comment

Hugeeee update

Hey guys,
            Huge update. It's been a while since I have had the time to update... These are all cell phone pictures. :( My next post will have all of the pictures I took with my camera. (too many to go through with commentary)

So I rolled up CARBBQ with my br mrcheezle and his 24v e30..
            While I was on the road, this happened. I want to know where my prize is...
            IMG_0575 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

Here's some pictures from the even, some I took, some others took....

IMG_0803 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

img5714m by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

IMG_8391 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

IMG_8392 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

My room mate's m5 he had... It was a shame it was in the garage for most of its time here... We were jackstand buddies...

IMG_0795 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

IMG_0797 bystinkyriderx, on Flickr

My dad got me into cars in the beginning... This is a buick we just picked up. It's getting a frame off resto, and the body is being put on a 65 wildcat. For the more modern suspension, and the bigger more powerful 401 nailhead... This car will get it's own build thread on the STANCEWORKS... hahah...

IMG_0824 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

Anyways, back to the e30...

I was driving my e30 down the freeway and I noticed that when I was at idle, oil pressure was getting low, and even going to 0 at some points. But as long as I was above 1k rpm, It was seeing good pressure. So I kept my rev's up and pulled off the freeway. I couldn't see anything obviously wrong. So I called the good ol' AAA Boyz

IMG_1520 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

Since I did my last update, I got a job at a machine shop. One of the best in the aread for sure. We have a lift, so I got the car on the lift.

IMG_1737 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

IMG_1738 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

Got the hood off. Something you all know you have to do when doing any serious work on an e30... At this Point I decided that I was going to pull the engine and do a full build, with my plans to obviously go turbo in the near future....

IMG_1741 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

made quick work of that will every tool at my disposal in this place.

IMG_1745 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

Soon after started my engine tear down.
            Box full of parts full and we were down to a long block.

IMG_2077 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

IMG_2078 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

I was having some over heating issues before I pulled the engine. I don't know if this happened when removing the head gasket, or while in the car. But just looking at the gasket. It was already starting to deteriorate. That soggy look is actually the gasket coming apart.

IMG_2081 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

Once I took the front cover I realized one of my problem immediately(don't ask me why I didn't take any pictures). My timing chain guides were completely broken. I mean there was not one piece that wasn't broken. So after thinking a little bit, I decided to stop, and take a look in my pan and oil pump.... Look what I found. These were all sitting in the oil pump right where the screen is... OBVIOUSLY a huge contributor in my 0 oil pressure at idle issue..... Let me repeat myself, everything in this picture was inside my oil pump, Including the seal spring.... There was even more that I threw o the ground without thinking...

IMG_2083 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

IMG_2084 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

So that was cool.... hahah. I was relieved that, I had found the problem.... I was told these timing chain guides never break. But after looking at this one, I don't see how more of them don't break... I guess mine did have 300k miles on it.... hahah.

Anyways moving on... Got the head off and was happy to see that everything looked good. Just normal wear and tear....

IMG_2241 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

Long block torn down in no time... Bearings(everything is) are numbered for reference so we can come back to look at them for uneven wear, or anything else we may find... Bearings looked insanely good for something with 300k miles on it... I guess it pays to get the engine out of an auto 735. Crank looked good... just a polish and it will go back in (after balancing the rotating assembly)

IMG_2244 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

Again you see the numbering system on the rods. Both the rod and cap are labeled on only one side too assure everything gets put back in the direction, as well as reference for wear patterns again etc...

IMG_2245 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

On to the head dis-assembly..This head had been gone through once at least... Someone tried to take the rocker arm shafts with some fucking pipe wrench it looks like. So If they don't polish up, I'll get new ones.

IMG_2293 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

our seat and guide machine at work makes quick work of head tear downs....

IMG_2295 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

one side down...

IMG_2294 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

So now everything is completely torn down... Next step is to measure everything, check everything for cracks or any issues, and make sure this is gonna be a good starting point for a 550hp engine.... hahaha Not sure what parts I'm going to run yet. Right now, I'm thinking of just finish honing the block, deck it, surface the head, do a valve job, some porting, throwing rings and bearings at it and putting it back together. Ill just run this block for as long as I can at that power level... I'm going to be better with pictures on the build side of things. That's way more interesting!!!

Thanks for reading guys...
            -Andrew
            500whp or bust.

Comment

you ever put that power steering delete i gave you in? i can't believe your gonna get 550hp out of that thing
              88 325is Five Speed
              Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by stinkydriverx 07-29-2012, 11:18 PM View Post

Picked up a junkyard fog light with a good lens I'll throw in tomorrow. It was a good way to save 50 bucks.
                lel

Dylan Leff - www.originalplate.com

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
                  you ever put that power steering delete i gave you in? i can't believe your gonna get 550hp out of that thing
                  It will go on the e36 2.7 rack I have!!! I know exactly where it is!

Originally posted by mojocoggo View Post
                  lel

Wow the famous, Dylan Leff( www.originalplate.com ), posting in my thread. What an honor, it's a shame you didn't post any pictures of your car in our garage.... Probably because its NSFW. I mean who wants to look at a steaming pile?
                  500whp or bust.

Comment

I got you pumpkin

Dylan Leff - www.originalplate.com

Comment

god damn it. That's cheating.
                      500whp or bust.

Comment

- Slammed caddy is dope

- WTF is up with your 37 point 1/2 cage? all that work making a flashy jungle gym and it's not properly done?
                        My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Woh... lots of Temecula people up in here. :wave:
                          My Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                            - Slammed caddy is dope

- WTF is up with your 37 point 1/2 cage? all that work making a flashy jungle gym and it's not properly done?
                            Lol glad I'm not the only one that muttered "what in the actual fuck is going on here"

car looked awesome before... Should be scary with m30 boost power.
                            Flickr
                            Originally posted by Indecline06
                            For some reason, when I get super duper ultra stoned... The M30 motor reminds me of big bird from sesame street.

Comment

Im liking that dtm shifter

Comment

Originally posted by yberther View Post
                                Lol glad I'm not the only one that muttered "what in the actual fuck is going on here"

car looked awesome before... Should be scary with m30 boost power.
                                The cage is a work in progress still. IT won't forever be a 3/4 cage. Everything is triangulated and well done. I have grown to dislike the door bar on the driverside more and more. All though it is on the excessive side. It's what I wanted. I wanted people to look at it and go holy shit that looks insane. Obviously someone knowing what they are looking at will most of the time say it was over done. Especially for a drift/fun car that will rarely see 100mph. However it is only halfway done. Still have the front half to do here in a little bit. It will be equally as gnarly. I'M glad it get's a reaction out of people. I love it though.

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
                                Im liking that dtm shifter
                                I love it SO MUCH.. That's a Castro Motorsport shifter Chris made for me. Its super tall but still has a shorter than stock shift throw. It's a little excessive. But that's the point of this whole build! I wouldn't change it out for anything. quality and functionality is perfect for what I need.
                                500whp or bust.

Comment

Working...
                                X