This is max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is max

About 8 months ago my dad told my older brother to take his car to the dentist (88 325ix). Since we live in Colorado it was still slightly snowy on 36. my brother makes it down there and on the way back he claims a truck cut him off while exiting the high way so he jumped on the ix's brakes. The IX has it's problems meaning the ABS will work when it feels like. So as he stomps on the brakes the wheels lock up on some snow as he also claims the car started to do a tank slapper and he rotated the car and sure as sh!t the front drivers side tags the jersey rail bringing the whole car to rotate all the way around and slap the rear drivers side.

I took pictures of the car before it went into the body shop. Now the money for the fixing of the car was no large amount so the guy we took it to said he could pull the body out and paint it for around our budget. Once we mustered up the money and found a tail light (thank you 325ix) we sent Max in.

The first photo (IMG 4159) shows the new bumper on which kinda makes it hard to see all of the damage but you can see the turn signal lens is broke and under the turn signal you can see the metal is rippled. Also if you look hard enough, over the wheel and flare is a dimple in the middle.

Now in the second photo (IMG 4160) you can really see the extent of the damage. The old rear bumper poked a hole, as you can see, on impact. Pretty much it's said that Max was looking haggard:/

Now in image three, four, and five (IMG 1362, IMG 1365, IMG 1364) I can't say what is really going on I can just see as much as you can since my dad went to the body shop and took the pictures. But what I was told and to my amazement, Joe the body guy, was able to pull everything out and get it mostly straight again!

So hopefully my next post is picking Max up in a couple days or so and we put his summer basket weaves on:crazy:
    Attached Files
    1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
    BMW

Working...
X