Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello guy's and girls, I am a addict. (E30)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello guy's and girls, I am a addict. (E30)

Hello guy I've been lurking these forums a while now, and its about that time that I come fourth and share my addiction to this Bmw Culture. It all started back in high school a homie SupaDave forum member here(red metch is his). with a crew of fellas that had e30's. And Him Doing donuts in the girls softball field, on my way to football practice was nutz.

Anyways I bought my first e30 back in 2006, for a whopping $800 clams. It was a 1991 325i Bmw Automatic bronzit. It was in rough condition on the outside but the interior was great. My first mod was a 5 speed swap thanks to the guys at bavauto recyclers in Cali. This was my first time doing this and it went well thanks to previous member that took the roadless travel thanks R3v. Next was a lowering springs from Ireland engineering IE3 with Kyb's all around. Then a set of XXr 521's and fresh respray in Alpine white with a Is lip. And this is where she stood at one time.

Where it all takes place OSB.

But After I had a hit of the mod bug it was over, my life was ruined. I wanted a mtech kit next.

My m20 was getting old and tired, but she lacked the power needed to keep me happy but she lives on in a vert.

I found a S52 for $600 on craigslist, and the owner said there was a crack in the block... So I proceed to break down the engine, I bought some BMW tools to make the task alot easier and don't forget the bentley manual. Turns out the motor just blew the head gasket WINNING!!!

The cam's where in great condition no scoring, no sign of oil starvation no golden tint from old burnt oil.

To bad I couldnt say that for the block

Next things on the list of to do's was the suspension, I was going to continue to run the IE3's and Bilstien shocks and Urethane bushing through out the car. My connect sent the wrong bushing these pictured are for a 2002 but I also have one at the shop.

But a deal came that I couldnt pass, a set of BC coilovers... Thanks to forum member immajackuup

The next task that haunted me for years was the rear subframe removal, again the trusted guy at R3V helped me find the light. Wasn't hard at all I was solo, but I doubt that will be the case installing.

The rear trailing arm bushing needed to be removed and I had no torch so I made a home aid bushing remover its crazy what the search function will find u. $10 tool at home depot.

Tool in action I was very surprize how well this worked.

I also prepped the car for some shadow lining.

Now for some nice stuff, I bought some Esm 002r 17x8.5 17x10. Wanted Gold but they were out of stock. So I grab a silver pair very nice wheel Ary thanks for the great service.

Trail fitment

But I had bigger plans for the Esm's, off they went to the shop to get powder coated. I wasnt sure what direction I was going with it, but white was the color of choice.

First direction I was going with.

Then my final decision was to do the whole thing in white.

I also was told by (CrusherCurtis) that there was a hex nut that will fit the esm wheel and he pointed me in the right direction to a guy on bimmerforums.
    nice looking cap...

But I still wasn't happy so I took them to get some bling bling.

More updates to come...
    Last edited by SpeedRacer85; 08-11-2012, 09:45 PM.

What is this, I don't even...

Comment

lol

Comment

In for pics.
        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

87 ETA | Hibernating

Comment

I never been to one of these meetings before.. but aren't you suppose to share a little more info?

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

More Parts from the powdercoater

Comment

Looking good man. Keep it up

Originally posted by Roysneon
                $5 shipped?
                Originally posted by MarkD
                You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

loving the white
                  Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Girls?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

im sorry guys but its killing me i just have to ask, i dont want to be confused any longer about this word.
                      wat is a girl?

Comment

Does not compute
                        world renown Harry Potter expert
                        sigpic

Comment

Nice car. Good luck with everything
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the typo alert... we all f@%* up some time.

Comment

these cars have came a long way.
                              sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

Working...
                              X