X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car runs.. near perfect too :)

Comment

Put my seat back together today and I broke it beyond repair (the side control fell out and its screwed)

I found some e32 seats for the right price so I will be picking those up

Comment

After the oil pan. It doesnt leak (yet)

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
          After the oil pan. It doesnt leak (yet)

Comment

That hood could be brought back to a fresh state with some light wet sanding of the hood with 800 grit and then move up to 1000. Spot putty any rock dings and scratches. Sand the putty down. Get 3 cans of spray paint in the original factory color from paintscratch.com for 25.95 per bottle and then 2 cans of clear @ 15.95 + shipping. Done! You can get very good results with this method if you spray at 70 degrees or so and lightly warm the spray cans in warm water to help with better atomization of the paint. Just fog it on for the first coat. Then go with a medium coat. Let dry real well. Tack rag it and go to town with the clear coat. Wet sand, cut and polish and you would ber surprised with the results.

The above is the total budget way to go to get that hood in decent shape. Its not going to be show car , but with proper prep -ie taking of roundel and grommet taping underside edges it would be a great way to go for a daily.

Comment

Got out and took some pictures today for the yearbook.. I gotta submit a senior photo. Found it ahrd to shoot myself because the camera couldnt focus on me and I couldnt get the focus good manually.

Then went to exhaust shop to get a quote for my new exhaust setup.

Volvo lip was mounted yesterday. Looks fairly good... next time I am ona lift (this weekend) I will get the ends pulled in.

Also discovered today the front of my oil pan is slightly seeping :( oh well

Comment

tl/dr
                Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

or
                Build Threads:
                Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Car is running great, I will get a new video of my exhaust setup soon, sounds very nice for what it is (IMO).

I plan on pulling a front strut housing soon and seeing if e90 drophats are possible. I need some spacers too if I want to go lower.

Comment

i'm not feeling the Volvo lip. the wheels look good on the car though.
                    Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Lip was $6... I could care less. haha

Comment

LTW seat mod

Did lots last weekend.. fixed front seats, removed tint, made new exhaust tip, etc.

Comment

looks ight :D

bought a parts car too!

Last edited by 5Toes; 03-05-2013, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Not looking too shabby. What are your plans for the parts car if I may ask? 5speed swap into yours?
                            Continuous For Sale Thread
                            323i s50

Comment

What's the parts car for?

Also, that lip is fugly, throw it away please.
                              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Nope lip is here to stay

my car is getting the 5 speed parts yes

Comment

Working...
                                X