Bagged E30, S52 swap, never ending build - Shaved bay + more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car looks great man.

Gotta tuck the shit out of your exhaust when you build it. Bags, bbs, and 24v is a great combo
    www.cp-e.com

1989 Zinno 325i m52 turbo coupe
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST, Daily Driver.

Comment

The night before I was headed to pick up the S50 a good friend of mine called me and told me he had a mint S52 in his shop with only 70k on it and everything I needed to go OBD1. It was a no brainer to pick it up for the price. So we drove down there with a little Uhaul trailer and brought it home.

On the stand at home
      1987 325is - S52

Comment

nice! cant wait

Patrick - IG:niicknac
        RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

Thanks! Does anyone have/can take a diagram/pic of the hydraulic tensioner setup for the alternator/water pump? I didn't get a tensioner assembly with the motor and I'm trying to figure out how it all works.

Edit: Maybe the S52 is mechanical? Hmm can anyone chime in on that?
          Last edited by NickL; 02-17-2013, 05:47 PM.
          1987 325is - S52

Comment

Awesome! You coming down to SoWo? It'll be cool to see this in person.

http://halden-fabricius.tumblr.com/

Comment

Yep Ill be at Sowo!
              1987 325is - S52

Comment

Ill be following this one!
                sigpic

IG: brandonhillis

I do stupid things.

Comment

Originally posted by NickL View Post
                  I love how it's aired out on the tow truck haha

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                  Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by brandon5 View Post
                    Ill be following this one!
                    Following your RB swap too on Instagram man. Bay is coming along nice!

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                    I love how it's aired out on the tow truck haha
                    Haha it was a must.

Moved car to my mom's garage to leave space at my Dad's for putting the motor together.

Realized im an idiot and the motor already has a good working mechanical tensioner on it. Mounted up the alternator. Need a good belt part number for an S52 with no P/S.

Went to the junkyard and picked up random bolts.

Snagged an E34 oil pan/pickup and all the goodies from Ebay today. Placing an order with CondorSpeedShop tomorrow for mounts, picking up some gaskets as well.

OEM seats back in

Last edited by NickL; 02-18-2013, 08:23 PM.
                    1987 325is - S52

Comment

Bought Solid Mounts, Trans mounts, and a P/S delete from Condor today. Also bought a bunch of gaskets/replacement parts as well. Picked up an M42 rad also.

Still need headers, knock sensors, a clutch and some smaller things.

1987 325is - S52

Comment

my favorite car pulling off the diving boards!

but you won't like the oil pan once the swap is done..sits way over an inch lower than the m20 oil pan
                        -1986 S50Turbo Sedan (475WHP/417WTQ) Castromotorsport Built (Sold)
                        -1987 Coupe (17x10.5"/17x14")
                        Castromotorsport / Buddha_Concept_designs Built *UnderConstruction*

Follow me on Instagram: obes_sebo
                        For more updates:)
                        Purchase FeedBack http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=278838

Comment

How does a 19yr old full time student afford air ride and an S52?! My life sucks.

Love the car, pretty sure you're local and have some mutual friends.
                          91 318is M50 swapped
                          05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_S View Post
                            How does a 19yr old full time student afford air ride and an S52?! My life sucks.

Love the car, pretty sure you're local and have some mutual friends.
                            Haha I buy cars and flip them which yields me quite a bit of profit. And you'd be surprised the air ride was less then a set of GC coil overs.

Thanks man, yep I'm pretty positive I've seen your car over at the flow.
                            1987 325is - S52

Comment

Parts are coming in, CondorSpeed Shop motor mounts, trans mounts, and power steering delete.

1987 325is - S52

Comment

Originally posted by NickL View Post
                                Haha I buy cars and flip them which yields me quite a bit of profit. And you'd be surprised the air ride was less then a set of GC coil overs.

Thanks man, yep I'm pretty positive I've seen your car over at the flow.

Ahh gotcha. Had a friend that did that for a bit. It was a good bit of extra cash for him. And yep you certainly have.
                                91 318is M50 swapped
                                05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Working...
                                X