Grabbed a 318is for $1500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grabbed a 318is for $1500

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

I will start a build thread on this forum very soon. My plan is to not add or remove anything that would not be spec legal. It will be a street driven track car and hopefully a spec e30 as my skills improve. I will also be starting a WTB thread. I really need the lower valance as the one on there can not be saved.
    The car pulls strong and it absolutely is rust free.

Wow thats one hell of deal, looks like a great daily as is. But making a spec racer will be fun.

Originally posted by blunttech
    Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Wow! That's a hell of a deal. Congrats!

Comment

Came with good records too.

Comment

Good luck with it. I went and looked at it but didn't want to deal with the damaged radiator support and other body issues. Should be perfect for a track car, though.
          My Feedback

Comment

Yeah he told me you offered him $500 because your father bought a 325e for $1500. I'm not at all concerned with radiator support. The body panels are being tweeked as I type.

Comment

Originally posted by graveshaker View Post
              Yeah he told me you offered him $500 because your father bought a 325e for $1500. I'm not at all concerned with radiator support. The body panels are being tweeked as I type.
              Hmm... I didn't offer him anything for it. And my dad just bought a mint '89 325i with 110,000 miles on it for $2200.
              My Feedback

Comment

Great buy!
                Congrats and enjoy!
                monoblanco
                www.passportsoccer.com

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                  Hmm... I didn't offer him anything for it. And my dad just bought a mint '89 325i with 110,000 miles on it for $2200.
                  I'm sorry it must have been someone else.

Comment

A picture is worth a thousand words...lol i hate bimmerforum so didn't check the link.
                    Last edited by getouth; 09-29-2012, 04:10 PM. Reason: forgot something
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                    IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

before.......

After.......

Small tweaks here and there and she's lining up great.

This is the radiator support E30 Wagon was commenting about. No big deal at all.
                      Last edited by graveshaker; 09-29-2012, 04:11 PM.

Comment

sounds like nice pick-up.

the radiator support must be pretty tweaked actually if the fender is that out of wack.... the fender still looks like it lines up like crap, now it is too tight at the bottom.

looks like it is going to be a fun project!

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
                          sounds like nice pick-up.

the radiator support must be pretty tweaked actually if the fender is that out of wack.... the fender still looks like it lines up like crap, now it is too tight at the bottom.

looks like it is going to be a fun project!
                          Perfection is not my goal. I don't want to spend too much money and time on body work knowing the risk of damaging it again at the track. It will however look like a decent track car when finished. Suspension and bushings is where my money and time will be spent.

Comment

Originally posted by graveshaker View Post
                            Perfection is not my goal. I don't want to spend too much money and time on body work knowing the risk of damaging it again at the track. It will however look like a decent track car when finished. Suspension and bushings is where my money and time will be spent.
                            I agree! Money better spent else where. A scatch free body doesn't make you fast. I find if you have an immaculate car, you attract the walls....

Track car

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=2214204

Street car

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=307890

Comment

Suspension parts update:

-.373 med case freshened, sand blasted and painted
                              -IX 14.5mm rear sway
                              -rear sway links, bushings and mounts
                              -Bilstein sports
                              -H&R race springs
                              -front & rear shock mounts
                              -rear shock reinforcements
                              -m3 offset control arm bushings
                              -diff mount

I still have more to stuff to order such as control arms tie rods etc......

I'm really impressed at how clean and rust free this car is. Really rare to see in Michigan

Comment

Working...
                              X