Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325ic Calypso Euro Conversion - Houndstooth & dbilas now, MT1 & MM 3.2 stroker coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whodwho
    replied
    Originally posted by bradnic View Post
    Just leaving this here
    Seen your other post get bumped... thought this one needed a bump

So this should be up and running by now, right?!?!? 8^)

Leave a comment:

• e30rapidic
    replied
    oh yeah...

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Just leaving this here
    Nice!!!

Leave a comment:

• bradnic
    replied
    Just leaving this here

Last edited by bradnic; 03-05-2021, 06:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bradnic
    replied
    and... the engine and tranny are still waiting at Metric Mechanic. I pulled my parts car motor and am working a 2.9 stroker for Cosmo.. Once that's in good shape I'm pulling callie's drivetrain, driving down to MM and picking up the new bits.

my new gig and pending move are in the middle of all this, so will be a while longer.

Leave a comment:

• bradnic
    replied
    Thanks Skarpa

The new engine and tranny are still sitting at Metric Mechanic.. Hope to be getting back to Callie once I have Cosmo's 2.9 build on track.

Leave a comment:

• Skarpa
    replied
    Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
    So is the DB Dynamic intake actually carbureted or is it more like an ITB setup?
    Replying on owners behalf: It's an ITB setup with fuel injectors. The brand is Dbilas.

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    So is the DB Dynamic intake actually carbureted or is it more like an ITB setup?

Leave a comment:

• E-30k
    replied
    Hey Channel,

I have a 41331933770 (770) valance available to me (without AC cooling cut outs). I have an AC car --although AC is currently not working-- and I am planning to do the 770 install on my 87 with euro bumpers. Does any one know if I will have a mounting issue with the 770 valance? Based on his sale thread (see link below) it seems like e30rapidic had no issue mounting this part on his vert prior to cutting cooling holes in the valance . My questions are whether there is any known adjustment that would need to be made to fit the panel, and if I mount the valance is there a legitimate issue that would arise from not cutting the cooling holes for the AC system like e30rapidic did or could I leave it without the holes? Any insight would be immensely helpful.

Leave a comment:

• bradnic
    replied
    Originally posted by Staszek View Post
    What powered sub did you get? Are your running it line off the back speakers. I am definitely going to the BT 5908. I am going to need your help this fall rewiring:)
    I picked up an Infinity BassLink DC with both speaker and line level inputs. It's wired to the power amp in on the harness using a custom adapter. sounds great, but not the best choice for a vert tbh. I will be swapping the OEM amp out for a 5 channel Infinity ref4555a and a passive bass tube that will sit in the trunk. The amp swap will be plug and play.

And yeah gotcha covered re 5908+BT. Will be later this year as discussed.

As for the brakes I think you will love them. I have the 16" kit but the 15" one works well. I need you to drive and feel them. Although I have a smaller 944 booster, but I am using the stock master and its perfect.
    Oh man I'd **LOVE** to check out your wilwoods. If the 16" kit works with my Alpinas that's where I'll land. I'll use the 'verts are heavier' excuse to justify lol. Every time I look at the stock brakes I kinda cringe.

I say finish the swap and work on Callie over the fall:)
    That's definitely where I landed as well. Pulling the IX parts car M20 and tranny tomorrow, will use the top end on Cosmo the 325e. Guess I better figure out pistons though lol.

Originally posted by Cptcarisma View Post
    Hey Brad,
    Just a thought. Maybe have Dan at LukeG Workshop do it for you?
    Hope you're doing well!

CAPP. :-)
    Funny you mention LukeG.. dropped the 04 AR for what I thought were motor mount issues (vibration under acceleration). Dan found plenty to work on, but the motor mounts are fine lolol.
    Last edited by bradnic; 08-08-2019, 03:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jeffnhiscars
    replied
    Mostly yes Jeff, but I only have one lift and can only work weekends. Once I start pulling the drivetrain I’m stuck for a while, and I’m betting the I swap is more straight forward. This way Callie stays operational for a while and I get another running e30 to toss around
    Makes perfect sense

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Elimira/Corning area. Just drove her back with the top down to Chicago last night to begin the teardown though. Ran like a top, AC on, cantaloupe BT 5908 with powered sub working great :-)

Anyway, as mentioned previously the plan is to take Callie's 221k mile m20 and G260 down to Jim at Metric Mechanic for cores. Since she's running well though, the thought of having the car out of commission during the summer longer than necessary made me rethink the action plan.

Cosmo the 86 325 coupe is ready for his 2.8 E-to-I swap... It makes more sense to tear down the parts car at this point, pull the I pistons and send them down to MM to prep them for that swap. That way I can drop off the cores and pick up the new engine, tranny and modded pistons all in one go. I'd also score some wife points by finally getting rid of the parts car.

So I have a choice to make:
    1) get Callie back together with just a new SSSquid chip for now
    2) finish the I swap on Cosmo first and take my time on Callie - get her back on the road in the spring

I'm now leaning towards option 2. That way my wife can use Callie for a couple of weeks before teardown and I can prep the car properly over the fall and possibly winter:
    - get the E35 ANSA/RD headers modified and ceramic coated
    - decide on standalone, injectors etc.
    - do the rear suspension bushings, which I've been putting off
    - finally get Scott at Strömung to get me the mtech1 exhaust tip adapters I still need.
    - get the same IE / Wilwood BBK @Staszek grabbed for his S54 swapped 325is, in black

would like nothing more than to have the vert totally finished mechanically. at that point there would be the electric top conversion to finish, new top canvas and paint/body.
    What powered sub did you get? Are your running it line off the back speakers. I am definitely going to the BT 5908. I am going to need your help this fall rewiring:)

As for the brakes I think you will love them. I have the 16" kit but the 15" one works well. I need you to drive and feel them. Although I have a smaller 944 booster, but I am using the stock master and its perfect.

I say finish the swap and work on Callie over the fall:)

Leave a comment:

• Cptcarisma
    replied
    Hey Brad,
    Just a thought. Maybe have Dan at LukeG Workshop do it for you?
    Hope you're doing well!

CAPP. :-)

Leave a comment:

• bradnic
    replied
    Mostly yes Jeff, but I only have one lift and can only work weekends. Once I start pulling the drivetrain I’m stuck for a while, and I’m betting the I swap is more straight forward. This way Callie stays operational for a while and I get another running e30 to toss around

Leave a comment:

• jeffnhiscars
    replied
    It seems to me that with the exception of the headers option 2 items can be done independently from the engine swap and each in a relatively short time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X