:(
This is Mika - Now with more S52 *IT'S ALIVE!*
Collapse
X
-
Well, this weekend did not go as planned but I still had a good time. I intended to participate in a NASA HPDE but I wasn't able to get the car ready in time. Instead I spectated and gathered my plans for next season. On to some pics:
S54 E36

Nice Shifter:






Yeah. A procharged LS1.

Some rotary rocket ship. This guy was less than 1 second off the Viper's best time which was the fastest car out there in TT.










These are just a few of the badass vehicles that were there this weekend.
My hopeful list for the winter:
-Brake pads/rotors
-Stainless lines
-Rebuild calipers
-Subframe/Trailing Arm/diff bushings
-New GC camber plates (cosmos ones suck ass)
-New Starter
-Gripforce LTW flywheel w/ Stage 2 clutch
-Replace front timing cover gasket as it has a slight leak
-CSB again
-Axels
-Rear wheel bearings/hubs
-Motorsport Hardware wheel studs
-Install water temp/Oil pressure gauges
-Re-run VC vent tube to catch can, then to intake rather than breather filter
-Pull E34 harness - wire/install trimmed E36 harness
-Install M3/is wiring covers
-New tires for the Fittipaldi's
-Dye carpet
-New head unit with bluetooth
-Cooling fan switch wiring
-Wire USB ports/phone charger to center console
-Install Fog lights/aquire lower grille pieces
-Possibly R134 install/conversion
-Repair 1 of my semi-F'd ellips so it...works
-100+ other things that bug me
There is also a possibility of a power adder in the near future. I need to make sure I have EVERYTHING else in perfect order before I do that, though.Last edited by JCarp90; 10-15-2013, 06:56 AM.Leave a comment:
-
Thanks! I'm not sure where you took the car since I didn't make it. This was at Modified By KC on Southwest Blvd. I thought you weren't touching your bottom end? Steph is going to be so mad at me!Leave a comment:
-
Nice numbers! Is that the same dyno we took my Spec E30 to before I moved? By the way, I'm going for an .020" over 11:1 pistons in my S52 build. The Mtech 1 kit should arrive by Tuesday of this week.Leave a comment:
-
What a great day. I won't say much, I'll just let the pics and videos do the talking.


This E90 335i on meth put down 450awhp and 480lb/ft tq


In order:
Run 1
Run 3
Run 2

Overall, I'm so happy with my car. It's been 4 months now since the swap without a hiccup. It put down great numbers, and now with the new muffler, it sounds amazing. Thank you to everyone who helped me with the swap, and of course to R3v for all of the info and motivation.Leave a comment:
-
Just for fun, a little 40-110 action. 35-40 MPH seems to be the sweet spot for a roll.
Ignore the audio. For some reason it makes the radio seem really loud, which it wasn't, and then the wind noise is pretty brutal as well. You can hear her sing underneath all that, though.
Leave a comment:
-
Finally got a muffler and got it mounted. I went with the Vibrant 1148. Really really nice quality, the powercoat looked great, and I have to say I had my doubts. When I got it and looked through it, I thought it would be a waste of my time to weld it on because you can see right through it. Not too loud for normal driving, but you can sure hear it sing when you stomp on it.
Filmed using a potato thus the audio is a little off, but it's pretty close. It sounds a little more raspy in the video than real life. I'll see if I can get some better fly by videos later on.
Leave a comment:
-
:roll:
Exactly.
newbestfriend
He's the best. He just chills with me when I'm working in the garage. Even when it's super cold he doesn't fuss. He sort of digs under his blankets and goes to sleep.Leave a comment:
-
+123432345243676546 for Boxers!Exhaust shop ended up pushing my car back until Friday morning which is actually a good thing for me since I've just had one delay after another.
2 nights ago I pulled my 4.10 open and installed a 2.93 LSD. After putting the diff in and trying to install my driveshaft, I realized that the center support bearing on the DS was for an early model and wouldn't fit.
Ended up getting a new CSB yesterday so I tossed that on the driveshaft. I put the driveshaft in and installed the new slave cylinder as well. I had to stop at that point since I didn't have any help and needed to bleed the clutch and brakes. Tonight after work, I'll get the brakes and clutch bled, then I can take it around the block and at least make sure it's driveable for the exhaust shop tomorrow. Can't wait!
My garage buddy:

With his favorite toy - a NAPA Autoparts basketball.

Leave a comment:
-
we have the same color engine block and all my car friends are a bunch of subaru guys, this is too funny.Leave a comment:
-
This post is in no way related to my build, but I thought it was ironic so I'll toss it up.
See that silver bug-eye up there with the blue wheels? Those pictures were just taken a couple days ago right after we got the wheels put on. This is what happens when you give it to your little brother with a restricted driver's license. He rams it into the retard van.



Buying it back from insurance and parting out. Anyone need any parts from an 03 WRX with 66k? Nvidia catback, Cobb AP, mint interior, etc. Engine/trans still work great! :DLeave a comment:


Leave a comment: